OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/09/13/1/

Packers Acquire Morency From Texans For Gado

posted 09/13/2006

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday obtained running back Vernand Morency from the Houston Texans for running back Samkon Gado.

Morency, a 5-foot-10, 212-pound player, is in his second year out of Oklahoma State. In 13 NFL games, including Sunday's season opener, he has 51 carries for 197 yards (3.9 avg.) and two touchdowns. He also has averaged 21.9 yards on 20 career kickoff returns.

Selected after his junior season in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft (73rd overall), he spent four years as a center fielder in the Colorado Rockies farm system before enrolling at Oklahoma State. He ran for 2,661 yards on 451 carries (5.9 avg.) with 23 TDs during his college career, including two seasons as a backup to current Denver player Tatum Bell

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman really likes Gado. It's too bad it didn't work out for Samkon. I thought he was a really good kid. If anything he was a true Packer People type....I know, don't laugh. Can you feel the Packer heads scrambling for answers?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Sherman really likes Gado. It's too bad it didn't work out for Samkon. I thought he was a really good kid. If anything he was a true Packer People type....I know, don't laugh. Can you feel the Packer heads scrambling for answers?

Yeah, sad to see him go just like Leach. It's probably better for them though, this team is a sinking ship

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
an upgrade at RB (Gado was bad all year, even coach pyle has said it) and an alternative to KR\PR. Not bad.

But ill miss Gado. He was cool! He had a good heart and was a nice kid, but we're not starting a church, we're trying to win games.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
an upgrade at RB (Gado was bad all year, even coach pyle has said it) and an alternative to KR\PR. Not bad.

But ill miss Gado. He was cool! He had a good heart and was a nice kid, but we're not starting a church, we're trying to win games.

And obviously failing

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, if going undefeated was the goal...

we lost 1 game so far, coach (and probably more, but our division rivals wont go undefeated).

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

well, that is the point of getting paid to be a GM... making moves and do what you can to make your team better

Gado was very likeable but being likeable didnt help him return kicks better or run the ball better.

ON the radio they are saying they like this trade but still do not approve of the signing of koren robinson ... which shows they are being realistic and do not have any 'goggles' on as some uninformed people would presume.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep, ted was the ONLY reason we lost games last year. We've been through this, there were a lot of reasons we were bad last year. Not one person.

So much for "being objective" pyle. give it a rest.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can you guys knock it off? i'm getting sick of having to sift through your arguments to extract the relevant information from each thread.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can you guys knock it off? i'm getting sick of having to sift through your arguments to extract the relevant information from each thread.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry to see Gado go. As a running back I don't see Morency as an upgrade but I think he just might be in the return game. (As if that is the only area that GB needs to improve.)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
well, that is the point of getting paid to be a GM... making moves and do what you can to make your team better

True enough. I just wish Uncle Ted had of made his moves in the preseason, and not after getting ***** by da Bears at the home field opener. Now it just seems to me that he is scrambling to try and put something together in order to avoid a worse season than last year.

Zero2Cool said:
ON the radio they are saying they like this trade but still do not approve of the signing of koren robinson ... which shows they are being realistic and do not have any 'goggles' on as some uninformed people would presume.

I'll avoid judging the Morency trade until I see how he plays. I liked Gado, but it's not like he was our starter. If Morency does better than Gado, we are ahead. However, I think the Robinson signing was one of the most boneheaded moves TT has made to date (letting Wahle walk and not making Bates HC would rank up there as well). If he was going to lower the team to signing turds, he should have at least made a run at T.O. (and I am sure you all know how I like the idea of that!).

I am just very disappointed in what I have witnessed to far this year, and I have seen precious little to make me believe it is going to get any better soon. Contrary to what some people think, I never expected a Super Bowl this season, but a bounce back to 8-8 would have been nice. Unfortunately, unless this team does something drastic, it looks as though we have another long season in store for us. Watching the 4th quarter of the Bears game looked just like the 4th quarter of most games last season. Favre looked completely desperate and seemed to be throwing it up there hoping for a miracle.

All I really want out of 2006 now, is to just to see the Pack beat the Rams and the Bills (simply because I have tickets to both games... lol).

luvyasteelblue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans fan checking in. Wanted to find out more about Gado. Didn't realize you all were going to a zone blocking scheme this year and that Gado wasn't doing well in it (bad for us :( ). Found it funny that in the other thread a fair lot of you were sad to see Gado go, while our forum was in partial meltdown over Morency going the other way.

The skinny on VERnand MORency (at least I think that's where you stress it LOL): We had a version of zone blocking last season, and Morency did a decent job in the one game he started when Domanick Davis and the 2d string were both injured at the end of the season. He didn't figure in the return game as we had Probowl rookie Jerome Mathis handling kickoffs and Buchanon on punts.

Our new coaching staff implemented a very similar zone blocking scheme. This preseason he started out early in Kubiak's doghouse because he was dancing too much in the backfield instead of being decisive - you know, one cut and go. According to Kubiak, though, he improved a lot at this over the course of the preseason. His overall stats were nearly identical with our now starter Lundy, but different in style - less consistent but more able to break off the big one once he hit the hole. He ran hard, bigger than his size, and overall seemed to pick up the blitz well, but because of his style and less consistency, it appears the staff came to view him more as a 3d down back. Can't tell much about his pass-catching ability. He wasn't really tried in the return game, I think because they didn't want to risk a RB due to the lack of depth. A lot of Texans fans felt with DD out, he was our best RB due to his explosiveness and blitz pickup. Of course, we don't have a lot to judge him or our other RBs by. TBH, don't know anything about the **** charges, but he hasn't had any trouble while he was here either on or off the field.

Anyway, good luck against the 'aints and please stuff Reggie Bush so we don't have to put up with any more crap about passing him up down here :lol:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Now it just seems to me that he is scrambling to try and put something together in order to avoid a worse season than last year.

Well. If after that poor of a game they were to do absolutely nothing I'd be a heckuva lot more ticked at the lack of effort than I am of them signing a potential 3rd time NFL Substance abuser and some guy I never heard of lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts