Tyler Higbee Arrested

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rmbr when I said that was my boy higbee... Well he ain't my boy anymore..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of like everything, have to wait until all the information is out and I am guessing this isn't the last of it, but once you read through the lines of his attorney, it doesn't paint a very good picture of Higbee. For now, he is off my board.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/pol...cle_d19f2e48-fff4-11e5-bf2b-6b722e2f95e0.html

Well, if Higbee´s attorney is telling the truth (which I get is a big if) he was defending himself and the incident shouldn´t have any influence in which round he will be drafted.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, if Higbee´s attorney is telling the truth (which I get is a big if) he was defending himself and the incident shouldn´t have any influence in which round he will be drafted.
Typical attorney speak IMO. When you start reading what witnesses are saying, the police report and combine it with Higbee fleeing police and his inconsistent accounting of the incident, IMO it doesn't look good for Higbee right now. Not that I put a lot of stake in internet comments, but I also read posts recanting stories of Higbee and a few teammates brawling in Campus bars and the University looking the other way. Who knows where the truth lies right now.......but enough to throw a big cloud over the guys character.

He's off my "Amish's 17th Annual Draft Competition" board.

More facts to roll out I am sure.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical attorney speak IMO. When you start reading what witnesses are saying, the police report and combine it with Higbee fleeing police and his inconsistent accounting of the incident, IMO it doesn't look good for Higbee right now. Not that I put a lot of stake in internet comments, but I also read posts recanting stories of Higbee and a few teammates brawling in Campus bars and the University looking the other way. Who knows where the truth lies right now.......but enough to throw a big cloud over the guys character.

He's off my "Amish's 17th Annual Draft Competition" board.

More facts to roll out I am sure.
I agree... I liked the kid and was hoping we'd get him. But ********. Witnesses are saying he was yelling racial slurs and the victim almost died. Not good... Not what our Packers org represent.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree... I liked the kid and was hoping we'd get him. But ********. Witnesses are saying he was yelling racial slurs and the victim almost died. Not good... Not what our Packers org represent.
I have read where some feel he may end up going undrafted because of this incident. With the case still pending, can't say I would want him at this point.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

I think it's safe to say Higbee and Jihad Ward should not share a locker room.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The devil is always in the details. on one hand, if he was just a drunk college kid who didn't handle a situation very well and rather than leaving another annoying drunk to his own devices decided to punch him and he unfortunately hit his head on something else on the way down leaving him in very bad shape is one thing. That's a poor decision and some bad luck. Draft stock drops, you dig into his makeup and decide if he'll mature or not and give him a chance to pay the price for his actions and then mature and grow with the team.

On the other, if he was basically a racist bigot and pummeled the crap out of someone because of their ethnicity i'd be ok with him never seeing an NFL field for anyone.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think there is a growing track record on guys with anger management issues (Hernandez, Rice, etc.) if some or most of the information that is being reported about the Higbee incident are true, I agree with Mondio.

H

HardRightEdge

The devil is always in the details. on one hand, if he was just a drunk college kid who didn't handle a situation very well and rather than leaving another annoying drunk to his own devices decided to punch him and he unfortunately hit his head on something else on the way down leaving him in very bad shape is one thing. That's a poor decision and some bad luck. Draft stock drops, you dig into his makeup and decide if he'll mature or not and give him a chance to pay the price for his actions and then mature and grow with the team.

On the other, if he was basically a racist bigot and pummeled the crap out of someone because of their ethnicity i'd be ok with him never seeing an NFL field for anyone.
After reading a couple of reports on this incident, it sounds like words were exchanged, with the victim (Nawaf Alsaleh) saying something in a foreign language, Arabic according to one witness. There was some pushing and shoving. Higbee walked away. Thinking better of it, he came back and coldcocked the guy, saying something like "Isis [somethng something] this is your country [something, something] b*tch", with the something somethings apparently some kind of middle eastern or Muslim slur.

The victim was allegedly a friend of Higbee's, according to Higbee's girlfriend.

The fact he came back and clocked the guy, and then left an alleged friend messed up on the pavement when a cop showed up is not an excusable picture.

As for his future in the league, if Harvin can coldcock Golden Tate in the locker room, get bum rushed out of Seattle at no small expense, and then get picked up elsewhere at no small cost, you can bet on one thing...if Higbee has the talent he'll be offered a home...probably more than once.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't doubt someone will take a chance on Higbee. But unless the information that has been in the media changes substantially, I wouldn't want him as a Packer. Despite his potential talent, Higbee could very well end up being a Media and locker room distraction not needed in Green Bay.

With the 212th pick in the 2016 NFL draft....The Dallas Cowboys select......

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading a couple of reports on this incident, it sounds like words were exchanged, with the victim (Nawaf Alsaleh) saying something in a foreign language, Arabic according to one witness. There was some pushing and shoving. Higbee walked away. Thinking better of it, he came back and coldcocked the guy, saying something like "Isis [somethng something] this is your country [something, something] b*tch", with the something somethings apparently some kind of middle eastern or Muslim slur.

The victim was allegedly a friend of Higbee's, according to Higbee's girlfriend.

The fact he came back and clocked the guy, and then left an alleged friend messed up on the pavement when a cop showed up is not an excusable picture.

As for his future in the league, if Harvin can coldcock Golden Tate in the locker room, get bum rushed out of Seattle at no small expense, and then get picked up elsewhere at no small cost, you can bet on one thing...if Higbee has the talent he'll be offered a home...probably more than once.
We can thank the hate mongers who push this anti muslim propaganda....lets not start a political discussion. But these young kids are influential. Need to quit the blind hate towards an entire culture.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id like the hate mongers to go to youtube and type in rumsfeld-2.3 trillion-9-10-01

I will tell you what.... "Its terrifying"....

Then come back here and tell me who is to blame...

Members online