TT Conference Highlights ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was getting terrible sound. Anyone with any highlights on the conference would be much appreciated, Thanks !!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got problems too... My systems guy checked and told me something was wrong with the Packers original transmission....

So TT`s comunication problems continue......Even here

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad I wasn't the only one.

I did hear him speak about Brett in a negative way.

Retire, decides not to play anymore, when he's gone, and that "Brett had not intentionally held up the Packers in free agency."

He keeps acting like Brett was a former player and part of the history of the Packers. He just does not seem to like Brett Favre.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's because he know's he's "bigger" than TT...

(and always be amongst the true Packer faithful...)

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
That's because he know's he's "bigger" than TT...

(and always be amongst the true Packer faithful...)

How dare you say so???? How dare you think than someone or anything is even closer to his Holy Greatness Teddy Thompson Almighty Prince of Green Bay!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson not likely to trade first-round draft pick

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said Monday there’s a strong likelihood he will use the No. 5 pick in the first round of the NFL Draft on Saturday rather than trade it.

In the general manager’s annual pre-draft news conference, Thompson said he believes it would be difficult to move down even if he wanted to.

“There’s a high probability — in fact, it’s almost a certainty — that there’s going to be a really good player there for us at No. 5,â€

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Packers general manager Ted Thompson said Monday there’s a strong likelihood he will use the No. 5 pick in the first round of the NFL Draft on Saturday rather than trade it.

In the general manager’s annual pre-draft news conference, Thompson said he believes it would be difficult to move down even if he wanted to.

“There’s a high probability — in fact, it’s almost a certainty — that there’s going to be a really good player there for us at No. 5,â€

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Chamuko said:

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Packnic said:
Chamuko said:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. What do you see as the strengths and weakneses in this draft?

A. The commissioner does not like it when we say certain positions are weak in the draft. So there is good talent at all positions.

Q. What do you think of A.J. Hawk?

A. He is a remarkable player. (pause) Let me add that if you ask me about any specific player, I will tell you "They are a remarkable player."

Q. Is there a player or position that you are targeting at #5?

A. We think there will be an outstanding player available at #5 whoever it is.

Q. What strategy will you follow if any- Are you going for certain players or let them fall to you?

A. The key is to get your board right and stick to it. I don't think there is anything to get nervous about because you don't know what is going to happen until it happens; then see what the board tells you.

Very informative on the draft.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

A. The commissioner does not like it when we say certain positions are weak in the draft. So there is good talent at all positions.

A. He is a remarkable player. (pause) Let me add that if you ask me about any specific player, I will tell you "They are a remarkable player."

Q. What strategy will you follow if any- Are you going for certain players or let them fall to you?

A. The key is to get your board right and stick to it. I don't think there is anything to get nervous about because you don't know what is going to happen until it happens; then see what the board tells you.

If this is how he tries to sign FA no wonder why they escape as fast as they can and sign somewhere, anywhere else LOL :wink:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah instead he should tell the public exactly who he wants to draft because secrecy isn't a big part of the draft. He should just bring out the draft board and let it be televised every player that the Packers are interested in.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed SuperRat. Being coy about the draft is exactly what you should do. This press conference is a non-story, slow news day.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is part of his job to talk to the media about the draft. If he didn't call press conferences there would be complaints that he isn't making himself available and that he is a shut in. Yeah he couldn't talk about specifics but he was doing his job. I thought it was interesting that he said they probably won't trade out of the five spot and he did give a bit of a clue on how he approaches things. I think most teams probably have a press conference in the week before the draft to get interest up and give the local press something to talk about.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is TT made of wood...or a robot..or something...?

just curious....

Can anyone fill me in on this?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
It is part of his job to talk to the media about the draft. If he didn't call press conferences there would be complaints that he isn't making himself available and that he is a shut in. Yeah he couldn't talk about specifics but he was doing his job. I thought it was interesting that he said they probably won't trade out of the five spot and he did give a bit of a clue on how he approaches things. I think most teams probably have a press conference in the week before the draft to get interest up and give the local press something to talk about.

Welcome back tromadz :wink:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think that pretty much every team in the NFL has the exact sort of press conference leading up to the draft? I understand it looks like I am constantly pro Ted Thompson but I'm just trying to be reasonable. You people jump on his back for absolutely anything. Some of it is understandable but blasting him for having a pre draft press conference?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
You don't think that pretty much every team in the NFL has the exact sort of press conference leading up to the draft? I understand it looks like I am constantly pro Ted Thompson but I'm just trying to be reasonable. You people jump on his back for absolutely anything. Some of it is understandable but blasting him for having a pre draft press conference?

I didn't blast him, I was responding to a post. I'm not willing to give up on TT yet, but it's obvious Brett wants to play another year, and I see TT doing absolutely nothing to convince him to come back. If that's the case and Brett retires then you will really see TT face the heat.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

If this is how he tries to sign FA no wonder why they escape as fast as they can and sign somewhere, anywhere else LOL :wink:

Transcript: Bill Belichick's Pre-Draft Press Conference
While he expands on his answers more then TT, he never does say what they are going to do, or what players they are wanting..

Members online

Latest posts