1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp begins in less than a week!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Jul 22, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm just excited football season is finally here. Excuse my giddyness!

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I ALWAYS excuse you Trom!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't watched Sportscenter on purpose in over a month now. Pretty soon I'll be watching it almost every day, in hopes of seeing reports from NFL training camps. I'm ready for football.

Regarding the fullback position, the starter as of now is Brandon Miree. He started last season and did an okay job, though he missed some time due to injury. Possibly one of these young guys could challenge him for the starting job.

5. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harrell, Jackson, Jones, and Crosby written about in the article are not on the Packer's roster.

Just for accuracy.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh c'mon...

7. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Before this turns into a "why can't we sign anyone" thread, I too am beyond ready for the Pack. Good article Trom, it didn't hit me how close we are to gameday. For me, my priority questions are in a little different order.

1) HB. No bigger or more important question.
    2) Favre. Exciting year for the record books. Will he extend his legend, or hurt is legacy?
    3) KGB. Last chance.
    4) Who steps up as a co-leader with Favre?

I 'frickin can't wait.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good article Trom, especially the bit about not judging the preseason on Wins and Losses.

One thing that I am really eager to see is how much Rodgers has improved. We've heard reports that he's getting the O scheme much better, and now doubt he should be more comfortable with the plays after spending a year learning.

I'm also eager to see how Colledge and Spitz have improved. Both needed to add strength, and we'll get a better idea of how much stronger they are in the preseason games.

Finally, I wonder how McCarthy will adapt his play calling. Tomlin was the DC for the Vikes last year, so McCarthy knows a little bit about him. It'll be interested to see how he formulates a game plan against a bright and upcoming D oriented coach (who actually has good D players at his disposal; players that can play both the run AND the pass).

Can't wait. :D

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think game-planning is pretty much nonexistent during the preseason, and play-calling is based mostly on which plays the coach wants to work on, rather than what will work. The exception is week #3 of the preseason, which is generally used as the dress rehearsal for the regular season.

In the preseason, I'm mostly interested in individual matchups: receivers vs. cornerbacks, O-linemen vs. D-linemen, and so forth. And the Steelers are a pretty solid team that should provide a decent measuring stick for our players.

10. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    another question :

Can Hawk and Kampman have as much as an impact, as they will probably have attention on them from opponents this season?

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent comment!

My answer, the more attention that is paid upon Kampman and Hawk, the more Barnett and others will flourish.

We have a sneaky good defense. It's something I continuously have been reading from the 'national' people. (im not saying we have a good defense because of what the national people are saying, im jus noting that even they realize it)

12. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I do not know much, but I think I do know this.....

Hawk is going to have a pro bowl season thanks to T.T. and his first round draft pick.

Jon Ryan is going to take the punting game to a new level due to his time getting familiar with the NFL Ball, and field.

Brett is going to prove the naysayers wrong.... He always has raised to the top when the challenge is deep. This year he is in his element "Extremely Doubted."

2007 is going to be a season long example (From a perspective standpoint.) of the step up to the challenge attitude that is part of his very being like he displayed in the Raiders Game after his father passed.

Brett is like a fierce free agent with something to prove. He will step up so at the end of the year he can demand a trade to a Super Bowl contender.

Brett will not retire a Packer. I will bet my left nut on it.

This is his year to sell himself for another Super Bowl opportunity, and he will step up because all great players today are concerned about them self first.

13. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

WTF????? :rubeyes: I know this has been talked about a thousand times over, but Brett has said he wants to retire a Packer...I would bet $10 or something instead of your left nut if I was you, RP. :twocents:

14. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

15. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey RP, that is a pretty "high cost" bet!.... Might wanna re-think that. :razz:

Remember this? :rotflmao:

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He HAS to bet his "left nut!"
    (He already lost his right one when he bet Favre would retire last year!)
    LOLOLOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

17. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    By next year we will be in as good of a position to compete as anybody that would need Brett Favre. The other legitimate teams already have that postion nailed down which is why they are legitimate contenders in the first place.
    I doubt there's any greener grass out there for him then right where he is. By next season this team will have the things it has been lacking. Maturity and experience.
    Exactly what team needing a QB will he have a better chance with? It ain't out there.

18. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess that would make him like Walter Peck in Ghostbusters. I cannot remember the exact line, No, it's true he has no nuts.

http://www.movievillains.com/archives/2002/03/walter_peck.html

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice article trom. I'll put myself out there and answer your questions on what I think will happen. :)

I really think Rouse will. He has the size and speed. His awareness can't be as bad as Manuel's either. Once he gets used to the speed I think he'll emerge as the starter. I also like Underwood to be the top backup so I could see Manuel cut loose.

I think he'll be the 3rd man in our rotation but Corey Williams and Ryan Pickett will start in my opinion. I think he'll start slow but finish strong in the pre season and he'll be a good 3rd DT in our rotation. A big upgrade from last year in my opinion.

I don't think either one is going to jump out of the gate and be the man right away. I think Morency will start the season but eventually Brandon Jackson will be the starting running back in my opinion.

I think he'll be an upgrade from last year but I'm not expecting huge things out of him. A decent #3 to start the year but I still like Clowney better as a prospect in the future.

My gut is telling me he'll emerge as a deep threat this season. I wouldn't expect great things across the middle but I could see Favre hitting him deep for two or three scores. Just a hunch.

I wouldn't call either or solid but Rayner goes and Crosby stays.

Same guy who started a few games last year. Brandon Miree.

20. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Porky88

Your right as rain, Trom set this up well, as always.

I love your feed back on this, and thank's for taking the time to break it down point by point. You make it easy to read this great web site, and Sir. I thank you for that, as well as the time and effort you put into making your points so readable.

GREAT POST.

R.P.

R.P.

21. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ Thanks R.P.

22. Titletown088

Titletown088 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just like Moss was going to be a packer too, eh Raider pride? :rotflmao:

23. generalbo

generalbo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if Favre will be practicing when training camp starts, or if he is still recovering from his surgery?

24. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre is ready to go. Brett Favre was at 9 out of 12 OTA's in June.

25. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    excellent questions Trom.
    It is amazing how the next few weeks are going to give us a better picture of what to expect for the season.