1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Torrence Marshall....where'd he go?!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Jun 10, 2005.

1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not exactly surprised/dissapointed that he's gone, but I just noticed today that he was no longer on the roster...was he simply released...did the packers trade him for someone?!?

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I haven't heard anything... he was a special teams demon but never really developed into the LB that he could have. I think he's been a major disappointment. Anyone remember him at Oklahoma? He was a stud. I thought for sure that he'd be considered a steal of the draft! I guess I'm no Mel Kiper Jr.! :D

3. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Marshall was the MVP of the national title game in 2002. Rocky Calmus was on that team too. He's starting for Tennessee I believe.
    Hammer

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    As the unofficial President of the Torrence Marshall Fan Club, I regret to announce that the annual meeting of the TMFC is hereby cancelled, pending the reinstatement of our man on the team. I was hoping that with some coaching, he would have helped us, but Bates must have not felt that was possible. I do believe that his contract with the Pack has expired, and if no one else picks him up, who knows, he may be with us before the end of training camp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    JBlood,

You still need to send me my Torrance Marshall bobblehead, Torrance Marshall pin, and Torrance Marshall T-shirt. I thought my subscription to the fan club for 59.95 should get me something! :D :D

6. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For $59.95 you actually get Torrance Marshall

7. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Wow ND, you picked up his contract?

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Marschal never adjusted to the pro game. From what I recall he was unbelievable if all he had to do was tackle, but if he had to remember where he was supposed to be on every play he couldn't do it.

9. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I guess I did pick up his contract. For just under $60, I suppose he could mow my grass every other week and take out the garbage or whatever. On second thought, I'll just release him effective immediately. Still want JBlood to send the merchandise that the fan club owes me though. :wink:

10. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish Nick Barnett had his body. Or better yet, I wish we could clone Barnett's brain to Marshall.

11. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good thing. He would have eaten you out of house and home.

12. swartzcatz

swartzcatz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm lust glad the Pack finally wised up and got rid of him!!!!

13. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    H-m-m-m? I'm not sure you wouldn't have to hold his hand during the mowing operation ND. Apparently he was one of those sub 10's on the Wonderlic and yet GB thought he could learn. Just goes to show picking anyone with less then a ten is a major hazard so think the Pack should always draft no one with less thena 15. Graduated from college you say? :puke:

14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    NDPF---somehow the computer must have screwed up and mailed your stuff to someone else. Please send another 40.00 (discounted in view of Torrance's disappearance) and we will gladly send you another packet. Incidentally, your membership was #2. We're the only members. :lol:

15. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  16. grabthar

grabthar Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Marshall is GONE

Marshal was a UFA and was never re-signed. GB made no attempt to keep him. He was gone as of March 2nd, I believe, or whenever Unrestriced Free Agency began.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2005/03/03/2/