Top 3's

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me the top 3 Packers games you've attended in person and Top 3 you've watched on TV...

I've been a Packers fan since '95...

I've attended:
  • Chargers '07
  • Denver (Week 17 of '03 I believe. Minny lost to Arizona to put Packers into Playoffs)
  • Preseason game vs. Titans '02 (Don't care it was pre-season. This was my first game I've ever attended and it absolutely poured during the game. Literally got chills walking into Lambeau)
On TV:
  • SB XLV (Probably a cop out answer here but one of my proudest moments as a Packers fan)
  • Favre 1st game @ Lambeau as a Viking (Yeah the Packers lost but the anticipation for that game was at an all time high and I don't think I ever wanted a game to that point as badly)
  • Atlanta Playoff game in 2010 (possibly the best QB performance of all time in the postseason

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....with the prices of tickets I'd be happy saying I've been to one. Let alone three!

Not trying to gloat at all, my apologies if it came off that way. I've actually been very lucky that my best friend has season tickets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to gloat at all, my apologies if it came off that way. I've actually been very lucky that my best friend has season tickets.

LOL...I'd never take offense unless directly belittling man! If I could or had connections I would use it man! I actually just formed a relationship with a guy I did some deer habitat work for in Wisconsin that is gonna let me take my pops to one of the games this next season...so I am stoked and he is gonna make me a heck of a deal.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...I'd never take offense unless directly belittling man! If I could or had connections I would use it man! I actually just formed a relationship with a guy I did some deer habitat work for in Wisconsin that is gonna let me take my pops to one of the games this next season...so I am stoked and he is gonna make me a heck of a deal.

You are 100% correct though on prices. In the past couple years, those tickets I was so accustomed to; have become harder and harder to come by as he is now married and you know "happy wife, happy life" so I've had to buy through 3rd party sites if I'm interested in going. Insane prices online.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My most favorite live games are:

1-2012 playoff game vs Vikings because it was my first game at Lambeau. I decided last minute I wanted to go to the game, bought a plane ticket and went all by myself. Met some great people.
2-2011 @ Chargers. Packers fans took over the stadium and the tailgate before the game was great.
3-2009 @ Cardinals. Although we lost this game, it was a crazy game to be at because of all the scoring. Then going to OT, it was a roller coaster of emotions game.

TV games:
1- 2010 vs Falcons playoff. I had gone with the in laws to Disneyland, but I ended up leaving the park and going to ESPN Zone outside. Met many great Packers fans there, people kept buying rounds, I ended up getting hammered and went back to watch the firework finally at Disneyland.
2- Favre's game after his dad passed away. This one was just an emotional game.
3- 1996 Packers Super Bowl game. This was the first time I experienced a Super Bowl win as a Packers fan.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The favorite games I've attended:
  • 10/24/2004 - Cowboys at Packers (Packers win 41-20. Ahman Green rips off a 90 yard TD run. This one ranks up there because I reside in Texas and have a sincere hatred for the Cowboys.)
  • 1/12/2008 - Seahawks at Packers (Divisional Playoff - Packers win 42-20. True experience of Lambeau Field - energized playoff atmosphere and the snow was coming down. This is the greatest Packer game I have attended.)
  • 9/15/2013 - Redskins at Packers (Packers win 38-20. Rodgers 480 yards and 4 TD's. This game has special meaning because it was the first time I was able to take my children to a game at Lambeau. Seeing their faces light up all game was very special to me.
On TV:
  • SB XXXI
  • SB XLV
  • 12/15/2013 - Packers at Cowboys (Packers win 38-37 on a furious comeback. The Packers were down 29-3 and came back and won it with Matt Flynn in at QB for an injured Aaron Rodgers. My children were blessed to attend this game so I was watching this one with a little extra fire in my belly.
Always fun to think back to games I've seen in person and games that I have watched on TV through the years.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The favorite games I've attended:
  • 10/24/2004 - Cowboys at Packers (Packers win 41-20. Ahman Green rips off a 90 yard TD run. This one ranks up there because I reside in Texas and have a sincere hatred for the Cowboys.)

Forgot about this game. I missed the 2nd half because I was attending a funeral. Glad it was over at halftime, for the most part.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my 3 favorite were all unique, except for 1 thing: we didn't win any of them.

1: preseason game in 96 at the rca dome against the colts. Got smashed. It was my first real football game (if you exclude the Racine Raiders vs kokomo mustangs). Also learned then that indiana sports fans are horrible fans of all sports. I was 15 and we got beer dumped on us on the way out of a 30 pt loss bc we were wearing green and gold. Ever since then have lived in indy and the fans of all teams here are both fairweather and ridiculously obnoxious at the same time. Half of them are broncos fans now (they are selling broncos sb gear locally like I live in Colorado).

2: nfc championship game 2007 season. Coldest I have ever been. So cold that ay halftime, people were crowding around the exit to the bathrooms to catch the heaters blowing. As a gift, purchased 2nd row at goalline for my dad and i. I was out there while Plaxico was warming up in nothing but under armour and a full face mask before the game right in front of us on the sideline. I asked him sarcastically if it was warm enough for him. He just laughed and said " warm?!? Boy... I'M HOT OUT HERE!". He was right, it was one of his best games ever. It was favres last game as a packer. I will always remember 3 things: 1. favre during TV timeouts looked tired, cold, and like he didn't want to play that day. 2. The crowd surging when they missed the fg at the end of regulation. It warmed up about 40 degrees it seemed in moments. 3. We got really good parking close to the stadium when we arrived. It took us 2 hours to get out of our parking spot after the game. I still blame myself for the loss, talking trash to plax before the game.

3. 2014 packers vikings lambeau. Horrible ugly game. Wife's first trip to gb. She is a colts fan, and was in awe of the atmosphere inside the stadium. Said it reminded her of high school games as close as she felt to the field. It was the Matt Flynn in after halftime game. We were ugly that game, but each time I left my seat to go get a beer or pee, we would score. I knew we had the playoffs, as long a shot as it was at that time, on the line. After the 2nd score to get us back in the game, I knew what I had to do: I went down, kissed my wife and told her the team needed me. Everyone around us was yelling " go back inside!" bc we kept scoring when I left my seat. I went back into the concourse and watched the entire 2nd half and full ot with my hand on a pillar and watching on one of those 17 inch tvs. We went to a tie, which kept our playoff hopes alive and gave birth to beating the Bears at the end of the season on a ridiculous pass from AR to get us into the playoffs in dramatic fashion. My wife understood!

Those are my hands down most memorable packers games attended in person.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was only at three Packer games. I was at a Packers/Steelers game in Pittsburgh in the 70's. I was at Baltimore for the Ravens/Packers on a Monday night when Favre was QB. And I was at Lambeau on a Monday night in December several years ago against the Ravens. Watching even the worst game with the Packers is better than watching the best game with any other team in the league. :tup:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread, thanks for the great stories fellas.

I'll be attending Lambeau for the first time next season, I'm sure it'll be a day I'll never forget.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was in the endzone in the mid 90's where Thigpen dropped a wideopen TD to give Green Bay it's first NFC Central crown in decades. It signaled that the Pack was really back to a lot of fans. Me included.

Next would probably be at the Metrodome when Favre broke the TD record on a pass to Greg Jennings. I was sitting about on the 5 yard line in that endzone too. Also the game where we were walking in and I was turned around talkign to the people I was with and almost ran into a group of people while I was walking backwards. It was Deanna Favre and her entourage and I just stood their with a stupid look on my face. That stadium sucked ***, but the game was awesome.

and then the 2nd return of the Favre led Vikings to Lambeau where we crushed them and Bishop intercepted Favre and ran into the endzone for a TD. I was in that endzone too.

I had a lot of endzone seats I guess over the years :)

ETA: oh TV games too? I don't know, the 2 super bowl wins recently and the Matt Hassell the beck, "we want the ball and we're gonna score" playoff game.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only packers game ive been to was the nick collins injury game. Was a bad feeling looking through binoculars and not being able to find his number, not that youd want that to happen to anybody. He was one of my favorites.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an awesome thread, thanks for the great stories fellas.

I'll be attending Lambeau for the first time next season, I'm sure it'll be a day I'll never forget.

Congrats and enjoy every second of it. It's a place like no other.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to 4 at Lambeau and 1 in the humpty dumpty dome. Its pretty easy for me to pick 3 favorites. We lost the one in Minnesota. After a 7 minute opening drive for a TD I'm not sure we scored again and we got trounced so that one is out. 1st one ever attended in Lambeau late December against the Lions, was freezing cold didn't dress properly, froze our behinds off we got beat soundly and our beer froze. memorable for sure but not for the right reasons.

#3 Raiders game Leroy Butler and the birth of the Lambeau leap. We didn't see the leap but Reggie's interception and lateral happened right in front of us. Cold as heck that game as well but we won.

#2 Pittsburgh and Brett's first start. Just an incredible day and a great game. Beers didn't freeze, we won and I didn't have to drive home.

#1 Brett's last start in Lambeau, as a viking. Night game so we spent all day roaming around the stadium and tailgating with all sorts of fans, Packers and vikings. Tailgate party at BFs steakhouse. Free tickets and free hotel stay Saturday and Sunday night. Partying with fans in the hotel lobby until 3:00 am. The last 2 minutes were so intense and I think they ran something like 13 plays into our end of the stadium.

Favorite TV games? There are a lot of them.

Honorable mention would be the raider game after Brett's dad died.

#3 The Bears NFC Championship game. I watched it in a house full of Bears fans and I think I was the only Packer fan there. Most of them were very decent but one lady drove me crazy and she wouldn't shut up. Kept seeing penalties on every Packer play. After we won the look on her face when I just looked at her and smiled was priceless. It led to my #2 game.

#2 Packers Steelers SB. The Bears fan from above and her husband are next door neighbors and best friends to my sister and brother in law and they had a SB party. I was of course invited but I declined and watched the game at my sisters house (I don't have a TV) The lady asked why I didn't come and I'm not sure what excuse my sister made but I spent the entire 2nd half of the game pacing. I don't think I sat down once.

#1 Packers Patriots SB. I got together with my cousin and a bunch of my aunt and uncles and started the day playing Poker. Not sure if I won anything but probably not. When the game started everyone else crowded around the big TV in the main room and I parked myself on a couch in the hallway leading to the bathroom and watched the entire game on a 24 inch TV they had there for people waiting in line for the bathroom. I don't think I said more than a dozen words to anyone during the entire game. I was just so engrossed in the whole thing. I had been a Packer fan since the mid 1970s and much more of a fan than anyone there. I think the knew exactly what it meant to me and they left me alone. I'm not sure I know exactly what a surreal moment is but I think I'm safe to describe my feelings when the game ended in that way.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live
  • Jan. 2008 playoff game vs. Seahawks - Between the snow falling throughout the game and the blowout on the field, this was the most fun I've had attending a game.
  • Sept. 1996 vs. San Diego - First game at Lambeau Field. Packers blew out the Chargers with all 3 three phases scoring tds.
  • Feb. 1997 Super Bowl XXXI - Speaks for itself. I can still picture Desmond Howard breaking through the initial contain as he ran straight towards us in the end zone. Reggie White's 3 late sacks.

Television
  • Super Bowl XLV - Watched the game with my wife and daughters. Hugs and high fives when Roethlisberger threw that last incomplete pass. Immediately cued up Queens "We are the Champions" and cranked up the volume.
  • 1983 MNF vs. Washington - All offense and no defense. Might still be the highest scoring game in MNF history.
  • Any time we've beaten the Vikings.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Live

it was Nov 1994 at home vs. Detroit, got a chance to see Barry Sanders in his prime. WOW. Packers and Reggie prevailed even though Barry ran all over em. First Packer game ever attended.

it was Dec 1995 at home vs. Denver. The Broncos had nothing to play for, and the Packers clinched the central with a blowout win, Elway sat and watched. The pack later won it all in early 96.

it was Dec 1996 in TAMPA. Last year for the big sombrero stadium. This is the game where it seemed that there were more Packer fans than Tampa fans. He who shall not be named was throwing lasers. First road Packer game ever attended.

Television

Super Bowl 31. Saw people crying after the W, as they never thought they would see another championship after the 70s and 80s. Reggie was incredible.

The comeback game vs. Cincinatti where some unknown gunslinger came into the game and took over. Insane.

The Seattle playoff game where Matt Hasselbeck wanted the ball and said they were going to score. Al Harris pick 6 made Karma complete.

Members online

Latest posts