Tony Romo / Jim Leonhard.

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if you watch specific guys like I do I think that these two guys more than qualify and would be more than happy to accept assistant coaching positions (assistant OC Tony... assistant DC Jim).

Both have proven to be genius level guys in their respective platforms offense vs defense... Both are Packers fans growing up... Both have nothing but good things to say about Green Bay / wisconsin athletcics in general... ...

I want to give the current coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and a chance but I couldn't see hiring these guys as any sort of problem... Only upside.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave Leonard alone. He needs to stay with the Badgers forever!
J/K kinda, I think he would be great here, but it would be hard to replace him in Madison.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Romo take the paycut?

For that matter, Leonhard too! He's making about $750k a year. He's not making that as an assistant DC in the NFL.

Reaction score
I hated Tony Romeo when he played with Dallas, but then again I hate Dallas.

Tony really impressed me as a announcer with his knowledge of the game.

As a assistant OC coach, maybe your on to something here.

How about Peyton Manning?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why Tony would ever leave the booth. He'll make more doing that than playing football or coaching and it's less stress, more flexible and probably just as fun. Get to get into all the game scheme and strategy etc without the pressure of the outcome being on your shoulders.

I'd enjoy my family, kids, life and stay in the booth

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers coaching staff is set for this season. Let them work for at least a season before talking about possible replacements.

OP
OP
V

VegasFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
N
Why would Romo take the paycut?

For that matter, Leonhard too! He's making about $750k a year. He's not making that as an assistant DC in the NFL.
FL upside is better unless your a perenial national contender.... Really only Nick saban level guys crack 5 mil while head coaches in the NFL demand 5-10 mil now and OC/DC are getting 2-3 mill... Jim would keep his 750k and have the opportunity to make more... Jim is easy to get... Someone else mentioned Tony Romo as a hard sell ... This is true... Like getting Steven Colbert to run for president... Why... Why would you ever take on the stress and pressure that comes with that huge pay cut... Love/the want to be great/making history... No one will ever remember the Tony Romo who never won a Superbowl and went on to announce.... While Belichick and Brady and Ditcka and LOMBARDI will be forever football.... Enjoy your life and your kids or be Achilles and conquer Troy... Or fail... But at least try... Leonidas... Julius Ceasar.. Neil fu.....g Armstrong... Hell Lance Armstrong and his steroids... Fame prestige glory.... Or you can just sit in the booth and talk about those who are living legends.... If he's lucky he can be as happy as you one day.. and no one will know his name just as no one knows yours...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and none of it means a thing in 100 years anyway. But since you went route, **** Engberg, Howard Cosell, Jack Buck, our own Bob Uecker, etc. If he's good enough, people will still remember his name. There's more to life than fame, i'm quite happy with those who do know my name and they're usually happy to know mine.

H

HardRightEdge

In addition to his TV job, Romo is pursuing professional golf, playing in a couple of PGA Tour events this year under sponsor exemptions. There's no reason to believe he has any interest in coaching at this time.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
In addition to his TV job, Romo is pursuing professional golf, playing in a couple of PGA Tour events this year under sponsor exemptions. There's no reason to believe he has any interest in coaching at this time.

Add to that he lives in the Dallas area where you can play golf every month of the year. Has a wife, three young children, and has no need for the money with an estimated net worth of $70m.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if you watch specific guys like I do I think that these two guys more than qualify and would be more than happy to accept assistant coaching positions (assistant OC Tony... assistant DC Jim).

Both have proven to be genius level guys in their respective platforms offense vs defense... Both are Packers fans growing up... Both have nothing but good things to say about Green Bay / wisconsin athletcics in general... ...

I want to give the current coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and a chance but I couldn't see hiring these guys as any sort of problem... Only upside.

If I'm pulling Jim Leonhard from Madison I'm signing him as DC NOT assistant DC

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts