1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to fire the forum up

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by porky88, Nov 6, 2007.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2218.htm

I'm assuming this came from someone in the front office of Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, or maybe even Dallas. :lol:

2. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this guy is a moron and its a wasit of breath to defend favre....his statistics, superbowl championship, and most important of all.....seat in the hall of fame!!!!! speak for themselves

this clown should be shot by a firing squad

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Coward.

4. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    7-1 babay! :)

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I assume you did not read that before you posted it. And if you did and posted it anyways, are you going to go get a quote from a tennis announcer about the Packers too? Because that segment was just as informative.

Here with the topic I was thinking there was going to be something with substance, some intelligence and yet, nothing but false uninformed garbage.

Fire up the forum with someone who can't even accurately compare careers? Give me a break.

I like you porky, but you missed the boat on that one. What waste of time.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    o....k.....i'm gonna back out very slowly..

7. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harsh....

Is this any different than people bitching about the Packers only being ranked 6th in a power ranking by (Insert Dumbass Sportswriter's Name Here)???

8. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Zero, let's go back to arguing about how Uncle Ted is a moron and ruining the Packers. That always fires up the forum.

As for Favre, he was put on "demigod" status in the mid 90's by the media and us Packer fans. Some people don't view him that way and they have the right to write what they want. What bothers me about what the writer said about the interception record is that he didn't bother to mention that Favre has attempted twice as many passes as Blanda. The record is insignificant.

As for comparing McNabb to Favre, the writer is a moron. Here's something to compare: McNabb pukes in the huddle in the Super Bowl. Favre pukes up blood on the sideline, sits out one play, and then comes in to throw a game winning touchdown to put the Packers in the playoffs. The two names do not belong in the same article, yet alone the same paragraph.

9. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

as nelson would say ha ha :) lol

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Ahhh Matt Millen speaks for the first time this year...

Zero.. the audibles are people within the NFL, generally front office types.. so it is bulletin board material for Favre and the Packers..

11. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dumbasses... heck we should 8-0 right now, but riiiiight were not that good... OK

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    7-1. I think of those 7 wins, Favre got 3 or 4 game balls if I remember correctly.

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Your entitled to your opinion but I think it's rather interesting that a current scout, coach, or front office personal of an NFL team had those things to say about the Packers and Brett Favre considering the team's 7-1 start and Favre's MVP caliber player through 8 games.

Say what you want about uninformed intelligence but whoever said this actually works in the NFL which I find more baffling. This isn't Peter King or Joe Buck talking.

14. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i mean if this is true and this statement came from an exec or front office person,......the team in which they represent is probably one of the worst in the league

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just because they potentially have a job in the NFL does not mean they are in the 'know' of the NFL and are a viable choice for quote.

I just don't see how this can fire anyone up. It's a comment from a nobody. Oh, this person works in the NFL, so could be a waterboy, or coffee guy or any other half wit job.

I mean seriously, read it. It's such a waste of time. (i checked the thread again because I respect porky and wanted to make sure i didnt hit the wrong button with him)

16. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't Brett putting up Pro Bowl worthy stats? I thought so.

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pro Football Weekly talks to coaches and executives in teams front offices as indicated already. This very well could've came from a high up in any organization in the National Football Team. That is why I find is as an interesting quote and that is why Pro Football Weekly produces one of the best football magazines known.

We're not talking about a water boy or even a guy like Terrell Davis or Chris Havel. This is pretty good bulletin board material for Brett Favre.

18. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    who cares.....favre dosnt need bulletin board material lol

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He seemed to of been extra motivated after hearing he couldn't throw the deep ball any longer as some had suggested.

20. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually doesn't bother me cause it's so far out. I would of taken more offence if he said it 3 years ago where he might of actually had a point but now it just sounds likesomeone with an axe to grind. I doubt though it's a player cause they all seem to have huge respect for Favre. My guess is some exec who blows more hot air then intelligence

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Did any go to the link??

There is 16 different comments there on all sort of stuff..Not just the Brett stuff..

Here are the rest

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Read the content, how can you find it interesting man? It's obviously someone talking out of their ***. It's about as interesting as someone trying to compare Tiger Woods running back skills to that of Jim Brown.

I dunno, I love reading, but I love reading material that's informative. I don't mind people bashing the Packers or even Brett or my longtime idle Barry Sanders, all I ask is have some intelligence in your argument.

23. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They don't say the specific source so some of this could've came from the same person. They do this every week. I remember one saying that the Packers are better than the Bears and that Barnett and Hawk are better than Urlacher and Briggs right now. This was I think after the 1st Vikings game.

Zero,

I read the content. Get that out of your head. I don't find the content to be the interesting part about it though. I find the fact that a coach, scout, or front office executive had this to say about the Packers being not that good and Brett Favre holding the team hostage. Pro football weekly isn't showing with the intent of making some logical point. They are quotes from coaches, executives, and scouts around the NFL which is why I find this more intriguing than if some ESPN analysis said it in their power rankings.

Whom ever said clearly has some grudge against Favre though.

24. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am unclear as to the point YOU are making Z2C. Are you saying that this is a race issue and thus doesn't belong on this forum?

25. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think ol Zero finally went off the deep end.

At least he did it with batshit crazy style.