Tim Wright

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Just released by patriots. Although I am a firm believer that our offense is the best in the league and defense should be our main concern. Adding another young athletic tight end could be beneficial.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The good news for Wright is he's only 25, has NFL experience, and was released according to Mike Chiari at Bleacher Report because:
The Pats needed to make a move at tight end since they had a glut of players at that position prior to parting ways with Wright. They signed Scott Chandler, formerly of the Buffalo Bills, and former Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis. They also drafted AJ Derby out of Arkansas and still have Michael Hoomanawanui on the roster.
So they didn't release him because he's old or a trouble-maker. The bad news is the Pats still have four players behind Gronk at TE all of whom they like better than Wright. Where would Wright fit in in Green Bay? Quarless – Rodgers – Backman – Perillo – Henry.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too funny. I read that news a few minutes ago on PFT and the first thing I did was Google "tim wright packers" to see if there was any smoke. This kid has a knack for finding the end zone and I am surprised the Pats let him go. He is certainly no in-line, blocking type TE but he is super athletic and a witch in the red zone. He has scored 11 TD's in somewhat limited playing time his first 2 NFL seasons and that's pretty impressive. I wonder if Ted is considering bringing him in for a "what can it hurt" visit. I believe he will help some team this season and I wouldn't mind that team being us! G P G!

H

HardRightEdge

Isn't this guy a tweener, more a big. slow slot WR than a TE?

His Pro Day height and weight was the same as Janis', while Janis is of course much faster. If the Packers are going 4-wide, the second slot guy might as well be Janis.

I'd be very surprised if Thompson gave Wright serious consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this guy a tweener, more a big. slow slot WR than a TE?

His Pro Day height and weight was the same as Janis', while Janis is of course much faster. If the Packers are going 4-wide, the second slot guy might as well be Janis.

I'd be very surprised if Thompson gave Wright serious consideration.
Good point. He certainly isn't a blocking type TE but the guy scores TD's and could help in the red zone. He won't be on the street for long and I do think it's a considerable long shot he even gets a call from Ted. Nice player though if you view him for what he is.

H

HardRightEdge

After cutting 3 players including Wright, the Pats turned around and signed two rookie FA TEs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts