This should set some off

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
During the renovation 25 years ago I recall the discussion being initiated. Had to build a support structure around the bowl to hold the roof. Bowl was not engineered strong enough. The idea was for an inflatable. I think the upper rows above the 60s now are also a free standing structure and not supported by the original 80s era bowl.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't alive for the Ice Bowl, but was sure to be there for the 2007 championship game. It's one of my best football memories despite the loss. It would just be another game without that cold and all the stories that went with it.

As a player, I would probably prefer a dome on a zero degree day though. Hitting sucks in the extreme cold. Football at 30 degrees is fantastic though.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the 1996 NFC Championship game win against the Panthers. It was friggin' cold! Been to many games at Lambeau, but never been to another NFL stadium.

I can't see them ever doing a dome, unless or until they would go to a whole new stadium site.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
l they would go to a whole new stadium site.
I always thought plopping a stadium into the bay with a few causeways ashore would be unique. Right off the mouth of the river just next to the shipping channel. Make use of kidney island or whatever its proper name is now. Seagulls don't need it.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought plopping a stadium into the bay with a few causeways ashore would be unique. Right off the mouth of the river just next to the shipping channel. Make use of kidney island or whatever its proper name is now. Seagulls don't need it.
Would help people understand why there's a "bay" in Green Bay. I like it!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ice fishing during tailgates. Sounds like fun. Kill em and grill em.

Members online

Latest posts