Things to hope for today...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nightmare is almost over. The Packers have spoiled me for so long by at least being in the playoff hunt right to the end of the season that it is pretty weird watching them play all of these "meaningless" games. I will try to enjoy this game, but mostly I just want it to be over. The real action takes place next week when we find out Mike Sherman's fate. Favre's status will probably take longer to determine.

So what can we possibly hope for in today's game? I'll start a list:

1. At least one TD pass from Favre, to get him up to 20 and end his string of TD-less games. This is especially important because it could be his last game, and Holmgren will be on the opposite sideline.

2. How about a whole BUNCH of TD passes from Brett? It is not out of the question, as the Seahawks may be playing backups after the first quarter. If this is his last game, it would be good for him to give the fans one last bit of magic.

3. For Donald Driver to reach 1,200 yards receiving. I know he's somewhere in the 1,100's right now. Lots of receivers get 1,000 yards these days, but 1,200 has a nice ring to it. That's an average of 75 yards per game.

4. How about a few sacks from the defense? They had lots of sacks early in the season, but not many lately.

5. An interception for Al Harris would be nice. He's played great this year but missed the Pro Bowl due to a lack of interceptions (only 2 so far).

6. A good defensive performance overall would give our players some confidence and would give Jim Bates more incentive to return next year, with or without Mike Sherman.

7. A win. The players want to win, and I'm not going to root against them. And the loyal Packer fans who paid good money to sit out in the cold aren't doing it so they can watch their team lose. I think the worst draft position the Packers can get is seventh, so they should have a shot at an impact player anyway. And if the Packers lose, well, they'll get an even better pick than that, so at least there will be a good side to it.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
If Brett Favre throws 9 TDs he can even this TD/INT count.

Isn't Jim Bates under a multi-year contract?

He is, but if Sherman is fired, there's a good chance the new HC will want to hire his own staff and Bates will be gone.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I did pretty good with my wish list, if I say so myself. Six out of seven, or at least five, depending on whether you think the defense had a good game overall.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
rabidgopher04 said:
If Brett Favre throws 9 TDs he can even this TD/INT count.

Isn't Jim Bates under a multi-year contract?

He is, but if Sherman is fired, there's a good chance the new HC will want to hire his own staff and Bates will be gone.

He took the Packers D from lower 20's to top 10. Any HC who would fire him or not retain him, in my opinion would be kind of dumb.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Hey, I did pretty good with my wish list, if I say so myself. Six out of seven, or at least five, depending on whether you think the defense had a good game overall.

For being the top passing defense we sure have up quite a few long passing plays. We had gaping holes in the middle of the field at times. Otherwise I think the D was decent. We won, didn't we? :)

Members online

Latest posts