The Official "Mike McCarthy is the reason we lost!!!" Thread

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
MM can blame himself for a lot of crap that happened out there today. That stupid challenge and wasted time out. WOW.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That James Jones fumble was just an unfortunate fluke. How often is the ball going to hit 6 inches from the sideline, and not go out? And remember, that was our only REAL turnover.

In my opinion, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of MM and our ST. Pretty sure we got dominated in the battle of field position.

I agree with James Jones part. Except there is only one thing about that play that disappointed me, and its that i felt Jones was slowing down to go out of bounds loosening his grip on the ball, but it was way too soon to do that and we know the rest of the play. but yeah holy crap what horrible luck for the ball not to have gone out there, right on the sideline.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
same bad luck how Woodson's forced fumble went right out of bounds.. UNREALLLLLLLLLL I guess that's homefield advantage for you.

CLEARLY (self-infliction aside) we are leagues better than the bears in offense and defense.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah that was unbelievable, i was screaming at the TV both times they went to tackle the running back. the field goal was a freaking extra point, there was no way he was gonna miss. he would have to shank it sooooo bad to miss. we dont block field goals, that isnt our thing lol. but seriously let them take the lead with 4 seconds left? or give us 50 seconds to drive down the field with a timeout for a TD

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
same bad luck how Woodson's forced fumble went right out of bounds.. UNREALLLLLLLLLL I guess that's homefield advantage for you.

CLEARLY (self-infliction aside) we are leagues better than the bears in offense and defense.

yeah i forgot about that play as well, jeez talk about the ball not bouncing in our favor tonight.

oh and i agree we are better than them

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
There were just too many mistakes to blame any one person, though most of them come back to MM as the coach. Tausch did hold on a couple plays (some were garbage calls, some were clearly holds). Burnett BLATANTLY gave them that PI call to put them into position for the chip shot. Collins with the unnecessary roughness. Seriously, just lots of stupid plays all around and you can't deny that it comes back to coaching. Especially with a crappy 2 minute drill, wasted timeouts, and ST calls going to their playmakers. It's no secret that JJ fumbles, maybe our coaches should've done something about that.

DMVpacker92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should not fire MM he is bad at play calling b/c the packers are the predictable he did not care anymore at the end too many penalties.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You could read McCarthy's lips..

When he threw the flag he says to the ref.. "I have to.." and a look on his face like he KNEW it was a bad challenge, but still wastes a FKN timeout anyways...... fail fail fail.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They should not fire MM he is bad at play calling b/c the packers are the predictable he did not care anymore at the end too many penalties.

im not talking about play calling in this game in particular, i think his play calling was ok seeing how we completely abandoned the run. just everything else.

DMVpacker92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were just too many mistakes to blame any one person, though most of them come back to MM as the coach. Tausch did hold on a couple plays (some were garbage calls, some were clearly holds). Burnett BLATANTLY gave them that PI call to put them into position for the chip shot. Collins with the unnecessary roughness. Seriously, just lots of stupid plays all around and you can't deny that it comes back to coaching. Especially with a crappy 2 minute drill, wasted timeouts, and ST calls going to their playmakers. It's no secret that JJ fumbles, maybe our coaches should've done something about that.

Burnett did nothing wrong he looked back for the ball his momentum did not let him come back to the ball. Its dumb how they say the defender has same rights to the ball and the space on the field as the receiver when you see a play like that and they give it to the offense. What do you want him to do he throws up a ****ING DUCK and he has to stop running collides with the receiver and you what him to disengage the receiver to get back to the ball bull **** he played it like any other player. the REFS said "**** we dont want the bears to lose why not give the call."

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You know what I read from his lips? "I'm going to blow this game, check it out"

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Burnett did nothing wrong he looked back for the ball his momentum did not let him come back to the ball. Its dumb how they say the defender has same rights to the ball and the space on the field as the receiver when you see a play like that and they give it to the offense. What do you want him to do he throws up a ****ING DUCK and he has to stop running collides with the receiver and you what him to disengage the receiver to get back to the ball bull **** he played it like any other player. the REFS said "**** we dont want the bears to lose why not give the call."
I've seen many good safeties and corners make plays on those balls without holding the receiver back. It was a rookie mistake, though I'm not saying there aren't veterans who wouldn't do the same. The Bears called that play looking for the penalty and the refs knew it too, that's why they were so quick to jump on it. That ball was so poorly thrown, we probably could've had the pick if Burnett had kept his hands to himself. It's something to learn from, I wouldn't expect anything more.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That's my doing. If I saw one more thread *****ing about McCarthy I was going to kill everyone. So I merged them into one super thread.

Any other McCarthy Sucks thread will meet my lock button.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like the title jess, you're an mvp here...

I was gonna be a smartass and make a "mccarthy should resign" thread, but you don't seem to be in a lol kinda mood.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many times does he throw the red flag when it's obvious the play won't be overturned. That cost them a much needed timeout.

ok tell us something? I often wondered this and since you have "insiders knowledge" maybe you can find out

MM doesnt have the benefit of the tv replay in HD like those in the booth..

So is MM just basing his challenges on the jumbo screen and ignoring the booth coaches...

Or are the booth coaches telling him to challenge?

Or are they telling him not to challenge but he does anyways?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok tell us something? I often wondered this and since you have "insiders knowledge" maybe you can find out

So is MM just basing his challenges on the jumbo screen and ignoring the booth coaches...

I'm 100% sure on that one. He even admitted it in his PC after last game, that the guys upstairs told him not challenge, but he did anyways.. and this game like i said, you can tell by his expression and reading his lips clear as day.

upthegut88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Mcarthy isnt a bad coach most of the time. I'm not saying he needs to be fired yet, but he could atleast show some emotion after ten penalties let alone 18. No wonder the players don't smarten up and focus when the coach isn't getting in their face about dumb mistakes and making them feel dumb about it. Get in the players face on bad calls and make them regret it. I've never seen such a calm coach with so many things going wrong. If you don't demand the best from your players you won't get it and he seemed like he hardly cared.

Then he topped it off with that challenge which he apparently said was right in front of him. My dog coulda seen that play wasn't going to be overturned. He said post game he never thought about letting them score even though it was being talked about. Come on mike anyone who's played football, scratch that MADDEN would take a minute to get into the endzone with an elite QB over a blocking a 18 yard field goal or w/e it was with 4 seconds left.

You don't win championships with decisions like that. Let alone a squad that you passively let get more penalties than points.Of course theres no reason to jump ship and fire MM. At the least we can hope this will be a eye opener for the team and maybe the players will start pushing eachother to be more disciplined cuz mike sure isn't.

I don't think we should fire Mike but I sure as hell wish we had sean payton

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's my doing. If I saw one more thread *****ing about McCarthy I was going to kill everyone. So I merged them into one super thread.

Any other McCarthy Sucks thread will meet my lock button.

Heart you, LOL! Are they going to bring out the pitch forks and torches??? Haven't seen nothin until someone brings out the torches!

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe he gets advice from Philibin or a quality control coach who will see the play from every replay shown. Yesterday he was told that from upstairs it was clearly a fumble and won't be overturned. On his own he challenged it anyways. Last week same situation, was told by coach don't challenge but allowed a player to talk him into it even though coach told him he can't win the challange. No inside info. here McCarthy admitted it himself on both occasions.
P.S. As far as inside information, it is more on the GM side of things(player acquisitions, draft, trades, etc. As far as McCarthy and his coaching staff and their day to day or game day decisions, I get nothing. The only info I would ever get about coaching decisions would be if a coaching change was about to happen. That one I might not even get. My source would probably want to keep that one for themself. Too big of a story. Mort would probably get that info before it even gets to local media. I am a little further down the chain.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shades of the Sportsbubbler weaklings' posts here. Man! Are you people tough enough to be Packers Fans? Doesn't look like it. Only a weakass moron would fire the best offensive coach in the NFL.

What happened last night was a superior team playing a terrible game which we would have won anyway had Jones not fumbled at the end of a couple dozen mistakes.

We'll blow the ******** out at Lambeau. But by that time, hopefully you wannabe Pack fan weaklings will be in Mpls where you'll fit right in.

Blow me.

Latest posts