The Land That Became Lambeau.......

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm always amazed to see residential homes right across the street from the stadium. What a contrast it is compared to other stadiums.

Didn`t I see that there is a lady who pays her yearly tax bill purely with the money she makes from allowing people to park on her drive ?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
All the aerial views are looking north. Might aunt and uncle lived just off camera to the east from then until the late 70's.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that they do.
To the IRS: I had a bunch of friends over on Sunday, do you seriously think I charged them to park in my yard. Prove it.
Maybe the big sign at the end of your driveway that says so? Pictures? The fact you are wearing a money apron and charged me when I pulled in as part of a sting?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the big sign at the end of your driveway that says so? Pictures? The fact you are wearing a money apron and charged me when I pulled in as part of a sting?
That was my grilling apron and the sign was a prank I was playing on my friends. You are trespassing, you weren't invited to the party.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be like the IRS to go after the little guy, gotta make sure they get punished for the few hundred bucks they skipped out in taxes and fine them thousands to make it worthwhile.

I don't care if they do or not, sure they make some money, but they also deal with a bunch of **** on game day. Live and let live and leave them alone.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be like the IRS to go after the little guy, gotta make sure they get punished for the few hundred bucks they skipped out in taxes and fine them thousands to make it worthwhile.

I don't care if they do or not, sure they make some money, but they also deal with a bunch of **** on game day. Live and let live and leave them alone.
Say my job security / next promotion depends on my efficiency. Do I spend all month going after a quarter million dollar tax bill deadbeat with an army of tax lawyers or do I send five hundred $500 tax bill notices assuming 250 will just pay up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say my job security / next promotion depends on my efficiency. Do I spend all month going after a quarter million dollar tax bill deadbeat with an army of tax lawyers or do I send five hundred $500 tax bill notices assuming 250 will just pay up.
oh, i know why they do it. But i'd rather they go after the quarter million dollar deadbeat with the army of tax lawyers

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
having a look round the stadium on google maps just now, great use of work resources :cool:, and the street view pics of lambeau are from 2012 and showing the construction that was happening at the time

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Standing near the south end zone, quarterback Bart Starr looks over progress on construction of new City Stadium in May 1957. A decade later, Starr scored a touchdown not far from where he’s standing to give the Packers a 21-17 victory over the Dallas Cowboys in the Ice Bowl. Press-Gazette archives

Maybe the best post of a great thread. Terrific series of photos.