The gap widens - Lions lose to Cardinals!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gap widens

With the loss to Arizona today....the Packers are now 2 1/2 games ahead of the lions..... wooooooooo hoooooooo

turkey day showdown = t minus 11 days

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions lose to Arizona--Pack now lead North by two games!

To me, this is the big story of the day. I thought we'd beat Minnesota, but I never thought Detroit would lose to Arizona. If we manage to win next week, then we'll go into Detroit on Thanksgiving with AT LEAST a two-game lead. It will be a three-game lead if Detroit loses to the Giants next week.

Detroit still has to play the tough part of their schedule in the remaining games.

Great news for Packer fans.

Post your thoughts. :pop:

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score

lol i just posted this but i made a mistake on the number of games we are up....yah your right this was the 2nd biggest part of the day..... man i was really hoping dallas would take a step back, but they came through..... i watched the game and they are definitely beatable, the giants beat themselves..

by the way, the lions will not win 10 games john kitna

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lions with -18 yards rushing today. Can they PLEASE take over the 32nd ranked rushing offense now?!!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Lions lose to Arizona--Pack now lead North by two games!

Lions with -18 yards rushing today. Can they PLEASE take over the 32nd ranked rushing offense now?!!!

Wow, are you serious? That's bad even for a college team, where they count sacks as negative rushing plays.

I was able to watch parts of the Lion game today, and I was not at all impressed. Their O-line looks porous, and Kitna looks kind of old and immobile. Lots of problems in the secondary too. I think the Packers will torch them on Thanksgiving.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I hear that last in rushing stat every dang time someone wants to put us down. Hopefully this week helped quiet those people.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg C. said:

Wow, are you serious? That's bad even for a college team, where they count sacks as negative rushing plays.

I'm not sure how they got them, or NOT got them in this case. I just heard that it was the worst rushing stat in the "modern era", since 1946 I believe.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I got curious so I checked out the box score from the cnnsi web site:

Cason: 1 carry for 1 yard
Kitna: 1 carry for 0 yards
Duckett: 1 carry for 0 yards
Jones: 4 carries for -4 yards
McDonald: 1 carry for -15 yards (an end around, I assume, since he's a WR)

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score

its about time the lions true colors come out......

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gap widens

You could not have asked for a better day: beat up the Vikings and the Cardinals beat the Lions. Not to mention how awful, boring, lifeless,etc. the Bears looked against the Raiders.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score

detroit is - in point differential and the packers are +82........ theyve gotten lucky plain and simple, i think they will finish 8-8

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gap widens

Plus the fact that the Lion's 2nd half of the season schedule should be a lot harder than the GB schedule for the 2nd half.
Looking good.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The gap widens

We need to focus one game at a time.
If we keep winning games, we won't have to look back to see what the Lions are doing.

I've never believed in rooting for teams to lose. I've always thought it was better if your competition was solid. That would force you to be better. So, I hope the Lions win the rest of their games except those against the Packers. If they do that and the Packers still win the division, then we had one heck of a regular season.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The gap widens

I don't know man... I don't think there is anything more fun than watching the Lions lose... but hey that's just me :) :)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The gap widens

Well since I watched most of the Lions game this afternoon, they got handled up front on the offensive line by a decent but not overpowering defensive front for the Cards... Their defense is a gambling style that seems to force a ton of turnover by the stats and watching them play you can see why... I feel alot better about the Turkey day Game now..

Can't wait for the Dallas game, to me that is the next measuring stick game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The gap widens

We need to focus one game at a time.
If we keep winning games, we won't have to look back to see what the Lions are doing.

I've never believed in rooting for teams to lose. I've always thought it was better if your competition was solid. That would force you to be better. So, I hope the Lions win the rest of their games except those against the Packers. If they do that and the Packers still win the division, then we had one heck of a regular season.
Me..........i root for the Bears, Lions, and Vikings to lose all the time!
I mean.....yes, i want us to keep winning. But wouldn't it be sweet to have the division locked up in say, 2 weeks or so? Then IF you happen to stumble, you don't have to see it as a major loss.
Now........if one of those teams can beat a team that will help us get homefield advantage, THEN i will cheer for them. If it helps the Packers, i'm all for it!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All i have to say is...............poor Big3!!!
I bet he's ready to explode.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the third embarrassing loss Detroit has had this year. They've been really inconsistent this year. At 6-2 I think they were a bit hyped but they're still a much improved team and a team that could beat us if we don't execute (unless they play like they did against Phili, then it's in the bag). I do feel better with them falling to 6-3 today. Although, they still scored 21 despite having -18 rushing yards, so that passing attack was still pretty damn good. I enjoyed this, but I'll feel a whole lot better about this when we beat them on Thanksgiving.

Members online

Latest posts