the future

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with 5 games left and a record of 4-7 what do we as the packer fans want to achieve by the end of the season. in my eyes i see 4 very open games that we could win being jets, lions, vikes, and 49ers, and end up 8-8 for the season in the NFC which looks a very soft conference and that prediction is being very optimistic.

or we could sort of pack it all in and hope for the best pick we can get. what do you guys think we should target?
mind you we face bears last week so by then they might be resting a lot of they keys for playoffs

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think no matter what you are in that you should pack it in. I think we should fight it out and whatever happens happens. but it needs to be looked at with comman sense. Which is we are not going anywhere this year. but that does not mean we should just "not show up to play" We should always be out there bustin our a$s's off.

Reaction score
Personally, I want them to go out and compete. Go out and play the Jarret Bush, Abdul Hodge, Mike Montgomery, Patrick Dendy, Ruvell Martin of the team and see who has a realistic shot of making the roster next year and what the real needs of this team are.

I still believe missing the playoffs (and loosing the majority of our remaining games) would be the best thing for this young and rebuilding team. However I am not ready to have them "pack it in" so early, I want them to compete with the young guys.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I can't say I wouldn't mind losing to get Adrian Peterson but truth be told you play to win the game and every game. They need to get the players on this team some confidence and even McCarthy. He might be the coach but he's also human and could use a vote of confidence heading into next season.

I said 6-10 to start the year and I think that's what their going to end up. The next 4 are certainly games GB should be in though.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i said 5-11 during pre-season but i really hope they can at least hit .500 - don't think it's gonna happen but hey - a girl can dream, right? :D

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i said 7-9 i think we can still beat detroit, minnesota, and take one of sf/nyj...there's no excuse to not beat detroit and minnesota at lambeau

Thats what I think. I think we beat the jets/lions/vikings. Which really if you think about it 7 and 9 wouldnt be terribile for a rookie coach and OC and DC.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts