That's What Friends Are For...

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings Make 'Mistake' With Handgun

Jun 10, 2005 7:37 am US/Central
(WCCO) Two stars of the Minnesota Vikings made an embarrassing, but possibly dangerous mistake Thursday, involving a handgun.

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper and running back Michael Bennett said they had planned to do some target practicing. They had rented a car, but when they returned the car, they forgot to take the handgun out of the car.

The two were caught having to explain the situation to the rental company and police.

Culpepper actually rented and retuned the car, but he had to call Bennett to come have him pick up the gun at the airport.

The gun was registered to Bennett, who said he has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Bennett picked up the weapon, and no charged were filed. Police said he did not break any laws.

Bennett said he wants everyone to know he was not arrested, and he feels embarrassed about the situation.

Culpepper and Bennett were in town to attend a Vikings developmental camp.

OP
OP
M

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy......
We now have a BearTroll here. Oh how pleasant!

Troll is such an awful little word. Consider me a Northern Brother. :)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey now, it's a valid story and he didn't say anything inflamitory. Everyone loves finding those little dirty pieces of laundry on the other teams.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
Oh boy......
We now have a BearTroll here. Oh how pleasant!
:roll: :lol: :lol:
Dang Vikes - I would have never guessed you didn't like the Bears....
Here - try this www.bearsstillsuck.com - mention IndyPackerBackers and get a discount on the pricing of their shirts..... :twisted:

But, RYAN's right - it was legit news - and not all that disgraceful - but just the same, it apparently is beinghandled by Culpepper as if he were under the wing of the GBP'ers.. I say that because of how our Team handled the incidents with James Lofton and Mark Chmura.... I've always enoyed how most of the players involved in the NFC North prefer to keep their noses clean - 'course, now that Ahman has stepped into it - we'll probably be seeing less of him after this Season ends...

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just kidding. It was a good read actually.
But was surprised that we now have a bears fan here and they could actually make a good post.
:lol:
J/K
:wink:

OP
OP
M

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, well. It came around to bite me - Tank Johnson of the Bears got arrested yesterday for possession of a gun in Gurnee, IL. lol.

When will it end? lol

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito is not a troll in any way. He's a Bears fan (not that there's anything wrong with that) who's knowledgeable about football and always respectful. He'll be a welcome addition to this board.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living on the MN/WI border, the paper which we receive is a Duluth MN paper. They always have tons of viking stuff in the paper, but there wasn't one mention of that episode. Wonder why?

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never say there is nothing wrong with being a Bears fan. But Miskito is OK. What we do here in Arkansas is send all our morons to Chicago and it raises the average IQ in both places. :)

Members online

Latest posts