Thanksgiving Day game good...

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or bad? It's a short week which gives the home team even more of an advantage with no travel and better rest. Also regardless of what next weeks game is for Lions or Dallas they have a week and a half rest vs the other teams one week.

The visiting team has the disadvantage of a short week with travel then the advantage of a week and a half off.

Do you think the Packers should have taken or should try to take advantage of this scenerio as a home team?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think the Packers should have taken or should try to take advantage of this scenerio as a home team?

i don't know what you mean when you say this. i think it's good because i can watch the packers play on thanksgiving. what's not good about that? i think a lot of people are over-analyzing the situation.

Everybody wants their team to play on thanksgiving so it will be nationally broadcast and you can watch it with your family. for me, it will be a VERY rare opportunity for me, my brother, and my dad to all watch the packers game together. the only other times all 3 of us get to watch packers games together is when we when we actually go to the games. that has happened exactly 3 times. Yes, i'm very much looking forward to the Packers stomping the motor city kitties into the ground.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK let me try again. What I meant was should the Packers try to set their own tradition in Green Bay by having a home Thanksgiving Day or Eve game annually? Do you think they should have done this years ago?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not really a possibility. the owner of the chiefs (the guy who coined the name "Super Bowl") tried and tried to get the chiefs a game got his wish last year, but it's not a tradition because the chiefs aren't playing on thanksgiving this year. it's not as easy as the packer's front office decding "we're gonna have a thanksgiving game from now on".

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL aside, do you think there is an advantage to having a home Thanksgiving Day game annually?

Also I believe the league would listen to GB more than KC with their longer and larger fan base. JMHO

Members online

Latest posts