Ted is in

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yay!!

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 3738.shtml

Packers name Thompson new general manager

PackersNews.com said:
The Green Bay Packers gave Ted Thompson full authority over the entire football operation Friday morning.

Thompson, 51, was named executive vice president, general manager and director of football operations, Packers team president Bob Harlan announced in a press release issued by the team.

Mike Sherman remains as Packers head coach and retains his title as executive vice president, but gives up his general manager position.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, 51, was named executive vice president, general manager and director of football operations, Packers team president Bob Harlan announced in a press release issued by the team.

Mike Sherman remains as Packers head coach and retains his title as executive vice president

They can't both be exec vp

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if Thompson is a good or bad hire, but I find it odd that Wolf didn't promote him in 1999 if he was so good, and hired Ken Herock instead from Atlanta, who was the guy who traded away Favre.

I hope Thompson is the right guy though.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this part of the article remind anyone of anything?
When Harlan returned from NFL committee meetings in New York early Wednesday afternoon, he immediately asked for and was granted permission by the Seahawks to talk to Thompson. Seattle couldn

Members online

Latest posts