Studs n duds Rams

Reaction score
It is the fact that we never reached any high point this season that we are in the present predicament. Instead of wondering what seed or what WC we would be. Peaking now or even Week 18 likely will not matter.
While that may come true? We can still take advantage of something we’ve learned the hard way. No matter what your record is coming into postseason if you qualify? The past is irrelevant.

Losing at Miami or against Vikings or Detroit means we will fully deserve to be out of the playoffs.

However, I would submit that even More-so the same holds true if we beat those 3 teams. Not one person can say we got lucky. These are 3 good quality teams were getting ready to play. Any one of our future opponents could go the distance if they get hot.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my seat, it seems to me that when Cobb is in (which is not all that much); ARod is looking for him first most of the time.
unless your seat is always at the actual game… or you have access to and study the all 22 game tapes, I’d say you are making assumptions based on a preconceived opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

From my seat, it seems to me that when Cobb is in (which is not all that much); ARod is looking for him first most of the time.

Actually Rodgers is spreading the ball around pretty even among his targets. Cobb has been targeted on 21.3% of the time he ran a route this season. That's pretty much on par with Jones (22.5%), Watson (22.4%), Doubs (20.2%), Lazard (19.1%) and Tonyan (18.7%).

Another thing about Miami is that their pass rush is ferocious.

According to PFR the Dolphins are ranked only 16th in pressure percentage.

Interesting number. Who has the best and worst ppp numbers this year? What was our 2020 point per possession numbers on offense? We had to be the best in the league in 2020? We hardly ever punted, kicked field goals or had turnovers that year.

On defense the Niners are currently the best in the league at 1.34 points allowed per drive. The Cardinals are in last place at 2.42.

In 2020, the Packers offense led the league in points scored by drive at 3.22. Only the 2007 Patriots (3.37) and the '18 Chiefs (3.25) have put up better numbers than that over the past 30 years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I did find interesting. After the interception on the Lazard target he was not targeted again the entire game. Coincidence? I think not.
Probably wasn't. He's been that way his whole career. Always been kind of obvious to me, make a mistake, like a drop or something, he'd come right back to you to keep you in the game. Provided you were one that was working hard to do what you were supposed to do. Saw with everyone from the likes of Jennings, Driver, Adams early and late in careers and guys like EQ when he was here. On the flip side, if you were running lazy routes, not working in practice, zig when supposed to zag and it resulted in a very negative play, you were obviously in the dog house.
I don't think it was absolute though, as guys like Amari Rodgers still would get the ball thrown to them and they were ******** up regularly :)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unless your seat is always at the actual game… or you have access to and study the all 22 game tapes, I’d say you are making assumptions based on a preconceived opinion.
Yes, that is definitely a possibility. I'll have to admit to that. Also, just a bit of nervousness. But seats in front of the TV are not really bad for seeing the game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sure looked good against Buffalo. And Buffalo (I think) has a pretty good O line.
The Dolphins speed is what may hit us like a hurricane on both sides of the ball. The Rams, Bears, and even the Cowboys are not that fast. So we have to adjust to the RPMs AND the warmer clime.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dolphins speed is what may hit us like a hurricane on both sides of the ball. The Rams, Bears, and even the Cowboys are not that fast. So we have to adjust to the RPMs AND the warmer clime.
54 degrees is the high

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We all watch the all 22 dont we? Its really the only way to do it...or like you said be at the game

D

Deleted member 6794

They sure looked good against Buffalo. And Buffalo (I think) has a pretty good O line.

I didn't watch the game but according to the numbers you're right that the Dolphins were able to pressure Allen on a higher rate than their average percentage over the season. You're right that the Bills offensive line has played pretty well overall this season, ranking fifth in pressure percentage allowed according to PFR.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In other words...weather wont be a factor in the game
Miami bring out heated benches when it's below 55

till, it was 55 degrees during the game, so naturally, many were amused by the fact that the Dolphins used heaters for that contest.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts