longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
stud
Dillon
Jones
Def
Oline

Crosby for tying Brett Favre's franchise record for most consecutive games played

Duds
Refs. Just seemed like they missed some calls

Watson for no td .. what a bum

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense and Return game

Duds: Nobody

Dud-ish: Offense never felt like they hit their stride all night. Rodgers on the INT. Special teams coverage.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Nixon, Doubs, Dillon, Jones.
Duds: Not letting the D off the hook, they were against a QB off waivers, with a makeshift O-line, and their top  TWO receivers were out. JB should have held them to even less yardage. This was not impressive as some would have you believe.
Refs were definitely duds.

Reaction score
The Rams biggest play came off a Amos penalty (40 yards) The second biggest Rams play was 19 yards.
Stud: Defense allowing no bonafide explosive plays

Cam Akers had 100 All purpose yards but no other Rams player had more than 33 All Purpose yards
Stud: Defense limiting Playmakers

Stud: Our Defense did what they should have done to a wounded Offense and allowed just 183 total yards from scrimmage.

Stud: Offense we beat our opponent by the biggest spread this week. While admittedly our Offense never quite fulfilled their capability? Even without fully capitalizing we would’ve likely put up 31 points, if not for showing last minute Mercy. The game was never really as close as the scoreboard showed.

ST. That Nixon kid is a keeper and they’d better not let him get away

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta give Nixon a big shoutout although I have to say pretty much with every return he makes I get more and more upset and perplexed that we insisted on persisting with the Amari Rodgers experiment for as long as we did. Looks worse and worse every time Nixon fields the ball

Reaction score
Gotta give Nixon a big shoutout although I have to say pretty much with every return he makes I get more and more upset and perplexed that we insisted on persisting with the Amari Rodgers experiment for as long as we did. Looks worse and worse every time Nixon fields the ball
I noticed he ran the 40 in 4.42.
He not only translates that into pads but his 10 yard split (burst) is a comparable 1.56 sec

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stud
Dillon
Jones
Def
Oline

Crosby for tying Brett Favre's franchise record for most consecutive games played

Duds
Refs. Just seemed like they missed some calls

Watson for no td .. what a bum
Refs were off tonight.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed he ran the 40 in 4.42.
He not only translates that into pads but his 10 yard split (burst) is a comparable 1.56 sec
That is a good sign. Should have dumped Amari way back. We may have been able to come close in the Titan game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams biggest play came off a Amos penalty (40 yards) The second biggest Rams play was 19 yards.
Stud: Defense allowing no bonafide explosive plays

Cam Akers had 100 All purpose yards but no other Rams player had more than 33 All Purpose yards
Stud: Defense limiting Playmakers

Stud: Our Defense did what they should have done to a wounded Offense and allowed just 183 total yards from scrimmage.

Stud: Offense we beat our opponent by the biggest spread this week. While admittedly our Offense never quite fulfilled their capability? Even without fully capitalizing we would’ve likely put up 31 points, if not for showing last minute Mercy. The game was never really as close as the scoreboard showed.

ST. That Nixon kid is a keeper and they’d better not let him get away
Rams are not the same team this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Nixon and his return abilities. He pushes and stresses the coverage then makes his break and keeps moving forward.

Dillon and Jones were both very effective in the run game outside of a small stretch they were the base of that offense and made it all possible.

Doubs didn't have a 10 catch night or anything, but he looked like he picked up right where he left off. Running good routes and catching the ball for big plays. That confidence he seemed to get right before the injury didn't leave him, and that is a great sign for the young kid

Oline in general was pretty good, though a few times they completely dropped the ball that led to big sacks and disrupted plays. They did well, but not quite a stud category because of that.

Another that could have been in the stud category- Watson. His speed is opening things up, we can all see that now. Teams are having to account for it on every play wether they go to him, or not. Catch that last pass and score a TD and he's in, but he missed the signal and wasn't. Rookie mistake. Kid is still very talented but very raw and low on NFL experience at this point. The other receiver out there with him seemed to get the memo, but he didn't. He will in the future. I loved the post game interview when she asked him if he was still mad at Watson and he got a huge smile on his face. You can see he really likes that kid a lot and he gave a to the point and matter of fact answer, if you want to catch TD's you gotta run the right route. Classic Han to Luke reply, "Great kid, don't get cocky".

I thought Rodgers was mostly on last night. Had that one pass to Lazard, if people want to argue never should have been thrown because of the safety back there, I can definitely see that. But also, QB's, and the great QB's often give their guy a chance to go get it, 1 v 1. Maybe he should have maybe he shouldn't have, but 1 thing that definitely can't happen is to just half *** it once you get out there like Lazard did. But other than that, he seemed to be on point with pretty much every pass. Not quite stud, but minus 1 pass and the correct play by a rookie and he's looking at an excellent cold weather game IMO.

I thought our defense in general did a pretty good job. Preston has been solid all year and probably deserves more kudos than he gets. Quay has strung together some pretty good games the past month and a half and made some really good plays last night. Engebare continues to shine. I didn't see wyatt much, but when I did, he looked like he was having an impact.

But Ford with a boneheaded play and Rasul I think in particular made this defense look worse last night.

From strength to weakness it seems. Thought re-signing him last year was key to having a chance this year, but teams seem to have found their weakness and surprising to me, it's to go after Rasul Douglas. I put both those guys in the dud category.

In all, this team still has stuff to work on. Need to play much cleaner and lose those miscommunication/breakdown plays between QB/receiver, Oline and Defensive backfield at times to beat the good teams. But I can definitely see signs of some of that at least turning around, especially on offense and that bodes well moving forward, even if we don't see the real fruit until next year.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially when you consider how it impacted the outcome of a couple of games.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night for me was the game of the rookie class just proving to be arguably one of the quickest hitting groups of the last decade.

There was an entire defensive series it seemed owned by Kingsley, then another by Quay and Wyatt even got in on it….flip to other side of the ball Tom again had very few bad snaps starting at LT, Doubs came back and reminded everyone of the target leader he we before his injury and picked up where he left off (couple of his routes were DIRTY nice) and Watson topping it off drawing so much attention and his speed is just impressive more you watch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts