Still alive at 1-5

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 of the losses are by a total of 9 points. Yes it hurts but the Packers are competitive and you are not turning off the game at halftime as many Viking customers did.

For all those who said they predicted it, I will chime in with mine. The last GM made some mistakes and the Packers were short on depth and cap room in 05. It would take 2-3 years to turn around. This was most obvious on the O-line where depth had not been developed to take over as starters.

Bates has done well with the group given him.

WR was the deepest quality position at the start of the season. Now injuries have taken their toll.

Another RB would be unlikely to beat out Green Davenport or Fisher and make the team. Injuries could not have been prevented.

The Packers are still competitive. The bottom half of the roster the last few years has not been drafted and developed by the Packers in enough numbers to move up and start. It is not all because of draft position.

Regardless of the win/loss ratio the Packers are still competitive. Next years draft will likely have some moves down for quantity of young players to develope. Cap situation improved. There is reason for optimism.

The young guys today are the solid guys of a great 2007 team.
Witticker, Underwood, Manning, Popinga, Montgomery with some young guys to be acquired in 06 and old veterans like KGB, Favre, Driver, Clifton.

The attitude of Brett Favre is not that different from 1999. The spirit of the Packers is not broken. Last year, Carolina was in the playoff hunt until the final minute of the final game. Lions and Vikings still have to play in Green Bay. Keep the faith and good cheer for the rest of the year.

The Pack is still alive at 1-5.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You forgot to mention their albatross...

The cement blockhead standing on the sideline called Mike Sherman....

(or SherRossley to his friends and family...)

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still alive? LOL

Why do we want to go to the playoffs anyway, when we're going to lose in the wildcard round and be as poor next year!? I'd rather get a good draft and rebuild for next season.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman was "removed" as GM. Given the players that he has to work with it would be difficult for any coach to deal with.

Fox in Carolina did very well with their injury problems last year.

4 of the losses by a total of 9 points is not dooms day. 2 touchdowns worth of points and the team is 5-1.

Look for roll outs with passes to the backs, and TE's. The Eagles hardly run and remain competitive with a good defense. At one point they threw 22 times in a row without a run.

The Packers remain competitive. If they lose the remaining 10 games by less than 3 touchdowns I would not be as angry at Sherman as some on this board.

It is not that bad.

Although if the season were done yesterday the Packers would be drafting second in April.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It even is possible to win the division.
Here is how it goes:

Detroit wins only three games out of the last ten (Bears, Cards,Saints) and loses to Queens (2x), Cowboys, Falcons Bengals, Steelers and The Pack (28 : 10) ==> 6 : 10

Da Bears win two of the next ten. L = Lions, Panthers, Bucs, Steelers, Falcons, Queens and The Pack (2x); W = Saints, 49-ers ==> 5 : 11

The Queens lose to the Panthers next Sunday, Giants, The Pack (20 : 28) and to Pittsburg and wins against Detroit (2x), Cleveland, St. Lois, Baltimore and da Bears. ==> 8 : 8

The Green and Gold: Wins : The orange cats, Lions, da Bears (2x), Ravens, blue Hawks and the Queens (28 : 20)
Losses : Steelers, Eagles, Vicks ==> 8 : 8

1 Packers .500
2 Queens .500
3 Lions .375
4 Da Bears .313

Too optimistic?? Unrealistic?? May be, but do never underestimate the impact of a wall in your back.
It is possible, many things can happen!! Or would you guys have invested anything into the following group? And look what happend. Anything is possible!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Here is how it goes:

Detroit wins only three games out of the last ten (Bears, Cards,Saints) and loses to Queens (2x), Cowboys, Falcons Bengals, Steelers and The Pack (28 : 10) ==> 6 : 10

Da Bears win two of the next ten. L = Lions, Panthers, Bucs, Steelers, Falcons, Queens and The Pack (2x); W = Saints, 49-ers ==> 5 : 11

The Queens lose to the Panthers next Sunday, Giants, The Pack (20 : 28) and to Pittsburg and wins against Detroit (2x), Cleveland, St. Lois, Baltimore and da Bears. ==> 8 : 8

The Green and Gold: Wins : The orange cats, Lions, da Bears (2x), Ravens, blue Hawks and the Queens (28 : 20)

1 Packers .500
2 Queens .500
3 Lions .375
4 Da Bears .313

Too optimistic?? Unrealistic?? May be, but do never underestimate the impact of a wall in your back.
It is possible, many things can happen!! Or would you guys have invested anything into the following group? And look what happend. Anything is possible!

we're not beating cincy, yesterday showed we don't have pass defense down quite yet, and carson palmer, yeah,

but for us...
who is gonna run the ball?
who is gonna catch the ball?

i'm not giving up, but i'm not holding out a hell of a lot of hope for what's left of this packers team...i saw someone on here say the panthers of last year, it's gonna have to be that kind of effort...favre is clicking and we're gonna need that to even stay close in some of the games we have coming up

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
Here is how it goes:

1 Packers .500
2 Queens .500
3 Lions .375
4 Da Bears .313

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Nice try but that was during the Harrington era. I know the lions didn't look that good yesterday, but Garcia still won it for us with a rookie wide receiver and two receivers from the practice squad who didn't even practice with the first team this week. When Roy williams comes back next week and If rogers comes back for Minny This detroit offense could be as good as the defense (15 turnovers in 4 games.) Also, Detroit's schedule is getting easier rather than harder. If I were you I would concentrate on rebuilding, hopefully it doesn't take you as long as it's taking us. (47 years and counting.)

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Nice try but that was during the Harrington era. I know the lions didn't look that good yesterday, but Garcia still won it for us with a rookie wide receiver and two receivers from the practice squad who didn't even practice with the first team this week. When Roy williams comes back next week and If rogers comes back for Minny This detroit offense could be as good as the defense (15 turnovers in 4 games.) Also, Detroit's schedule is getting easier rather than harder. If I were you I would concentrate on rebuilding, hopefully it doesn't take you as long as it's taking us. (47 years and counting.)

OK. Take the two wins over the Queens and look at the outcome:

1 Packers .500
2 Lions .500
3 Queens .375
4 Da Bears .313

:wink: :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not of the 11-5 mindset but these last 4 losses were not by wide margins. It is probably most frustrating that a couple of key screw up plays cost each game. I have preferred this season's play to last year's play.

Now comes the tough part of the season.

Scheduling favors Detroit. I do not think the Vikings will do much. The Bears last several games is a tough schedule for them.

8-8 is a realistic goal. 9-7 possible. I see losses to Cincinatti and Pittsburgh making the low point 1-7.

The Pack sure needs to win these close games.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what a lot of people are missing is that the injuries are really going to start taking a toll. I think the 2nd half of Sunday's game showed that. You double up Driver and that basically shuts down the offense. You've got a guy that was questionable to make the team in August (Chatman) at #2, and a guy that wasn't on the team a month ago at #3. Runningback position is just as bad, if not worse. It starting to look like our line is coming together, but it's too little, too late I'm afraid. Our defense is pretty decent - better than most expected - but did anyone else notice that they seemed to fall apart after Collins went out on Sunday?

In all honesty, after all of the injuries, I don't see how we're going to end up with even 5 wins, let alone a Division Championship. Not to mention, I don't think we have the players to compete with the other "real" playoff teams (you know, the teams that don't win their Division by default like the NFC North winner will this year). I don't think losing is ever a good thing, but the silver lining on this season might be that we can rebuild a bit quicker with a higher set of draft picks and get back on our feet quicker than some franchises (ie. San Fran). The funny thing is, our 2 biggest question marks coming into this season (Defense, O-line) are turning into our biggest assets heading into the future. Both are getting better as they gel and are pretty young. If Rodgers matures at a reasonable rate and we fill in some of the skill positions in the next year or two we may be just reloading instead of rebuilding.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Leaper..

If that's true..than why was Brett Favre able to drive them down the field in the 4th qtr..to the 20 yard line...only to have SherRossley call a draw play and settle for a FG?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Leaper..

If that's true..than why was Brett Favre able to drive them down the field in the 4th qtr..to the 20 yard line...only to have SherRossley call a draw play and settle for a FG?

thats true...Favre can work wonders with a less than all-star cast. which is why i'm perplexed that you would approve of Favre being dealt to another team. thats completely insane. you can be a Favre fan and a Packer fan at the same time.

wait, what am i saying, you have to be.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
4 of the losses are by a total of 9 points. Yes it hurts but the Packers are competitive and you are not turning off the game at halftime as many Viking customers did.

For all those who said they predicted it, I will chime in with mine. The last GM made some mistakes and the Packers were short on depth and cap room in 05. It would take 2-3 years to turn around. This was most obvious on the O-line where depth had not been developed to take over as starters.

Bates has done well with the group given him.

WR was the deepest quality position at the start of the season. Now injuries have taken their toll.

Another RB would be unlikely to beat out Green Davenport or Fisher and make the team. Injuries could not have been prevented.

The Packers are still competitive. The bottom half of the roster the last few years has not been drafted and developed by the Packers in enough numbers to move up and start. It is not all because of draft position.

Regardless of the win/loss ratio the Packers are still competitive. Next years draft will likely have some moves down for quantity of young players to develope. Cap situation improved. There is reason for optimism.

The young guys today are the solid guys of a great 2007 team.
Witticker, Underwood, Manning, Popinga, Montgomery with some young guys to be acquired in 06 and old veterans like KGB, Favre, Driver, Clifton.

The attitude of Brett Favre is not that different from 1999. The spirit of the Packers is not broken. Last year, Carolina was in the playoff hunt until the final minute of the final game. Lions and Vikings still have to play in Green Bay. Keep the faith and good cheer for the rest of the year.

The Pack is still alive at 1-5.

Thats a great outlook to have cheez. Lets hope the others stay healthy.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Leaper..

One drive does not a season make. Besides, what about the rest of the 2nd half?? They didn't move the ball at all for 27 minutes. Or do you think that because Favre was able to put together one drive, that what I mentioned above isn't true? How do you think teams will gameplay a Packer team with no Ahman Green or Davenport, Walker, etc. etc.? Favre is a miracle worker, but there's a limit to everything.

Also, let's not forget that the SherRossley handicap isn't going away anytime soon..

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the play calling in the second half was all attempts at recreating the ground game - when we had no one to step in, except Tony Fisher. A couple of times, I thought I saw Favre pull a rabbit out of his hat - and ya just knew.. that Rossley was most likely "fuming" upstairs at his success.... I still suspect to this day.. that that was the reason for taking the ball (and the game) out of his hands.... innuendo that Favre, not the Coaches, would cost the Packers another Win.... that tripe is so much BS - but the tactics, right outta High School social clubs.. was there to see....

Only twice all game, did I see the cameras catch Sherman bothering to discuss anything about the Offense with our No.1 QB. Usually, if Favre was talked to at all.... it was by an underling Coach. I really, really want to have the Press grab the HC, by the fellas, with questions in that regards..... He needs to explain himself about this insistent separation of the work classes attitude he distributes across the field.

Heck, across the field, you could almost see Tice poundin' his chest and lookin' right at Sherman.... "C'mon, Mike.. what about it, big man... bring it on"... and all he got was silence.. especially with the play calling.

I wish I was a fly on the wall at the Player's get-together a day or so after this last game... I wanna know how they really feel....

As far as "one drive does not a Season make"... watch out now.....
Sherman told the press that one player's single mistake was the whole game.... blaming Scott Wells for a botched hike of the ball while they were waiting for the TE to get set..... and up to now, that is probably one of the very few mistakes that Wells has committed in the last 8 games he's played - both now and last year. Last year, Favre commented on how he had totally forgotten who was in at Center - Scott Wells was doing that great a job... Sherman needs to apologize for this deflection of responsibility. .....watch out now...... It should have never come down to that one play, that one drive, that one quarter..... whatever.. we had them right where they belonged... in the second quarter. It should have stayed that way,,,, I cannot believe those two on Offense didn't have, or couldn't come up with, a Plan B. WOW

I have yet to have anyone demonstrate to me... why.. Donald Lee was NOT used more extensively after Ferguson went down... Anyone?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right on IPB...

SherRossley went into his pu**y shell in the 2nd half...I can almost see them thinking..."we have a 17 point lead..if we can only play ball control offense in the second half..we've got em.."

I honestly believe there is some psychological struggle going on between Rossley and Sherman and Favre in terms of offensive philosophy and strategy at key points in the game...(in other words....what plays to call..)

The day that I see Sherman and his pet hump Rossley (or is it the other way around?) thrown out of Green Bay it will be a happy day indeed!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pass:run in the 2nd half was about 17:8. That doesn't appear as though they were trying to reestablish the run.

Members online

Latest posts