Sterger finally meets with NFL

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
After more than a week of complete silence — and several weeks of deliberation — former in-house Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger has met with the NFL in connection with its investigation of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre into voice messages and photos he allegedly sent Sterger in 2008, when he played for the Jets.

Dan Mangan of the New York Post reports that the meeting occurred on Thursday.

Sterger met for several hours with Milt Ahlerich, the league’s top security official. Another investigator attended the meeting, as did Sterger’s lawyer, Joseph Conway, and her manager, Phil Reese.

“We can confirm that a meeting took place with the NFL today and we cooperated fully by providing them with substantial materials in our possession,” Reese said. “We now await the NFL’s decision.”

That last line from Reese is a little odd, frankly. Why does he or Sterger care about the “NFL’s decision”? She did nothing to complain about the situation. Instead, a case of loose lips landed the situation on Deadspin.com. After someone supplied the photos and audio, Sterger’s people (in our view) spent weeks trying to get Favre to offer a settlement — and buy Sterger’s silence — without having to demand payment for the same.

Though Mangan speculates that the meeting “greatly ratchets up the chances that Favre will [be] disciplined by the league,” we’re not so sure about that. Among other things, Sterger will have had to explain away the information that her former friend, Alison Torres, shared with the league.

Torres contends that Favre and Sterger regularly exchanged text messages, and Torres has strongly suggested that Sterger collects photos like the ones Favre allegedly sent her.

“She could make millions if she ever cashed in on all the naked photos she gets from friends,” Torres told Steppin’ Out magazine last month.

Mangan co-authored an item for the Post regarding Torres’ comments, which tend to undermine Sterger’s claims. Amazingly, Mangan’s item regarding the meeting says nothing at all about the things Torres said.

We don’t know how this will all play out. But how can Mangan suggest that Sterger’s cooperation “greatly ratchets up” the prospects of discipline without at least mentioning his own article from last month?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
It was getting to quiet for everyone, had to shake things up a bit.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence this is hitting right as the Vikings face two divisional rivals for two consecutive weeks? Or just a cruel twist of fate? Anyway, I'm not really surprised this issue isn't going quietly into the night.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
what ever the reason, if it takes away from bretts concentration for a game I am all for it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder how they can discuss a settlement with brett? Didnt see it in this article but its been mentioned before..

I have seen people wonder why the NFL is even involved..They think since she never filed harrassment papers that this should be a non issue.

Since he is married and since she was an employee of the team he was on, that could be in violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy.
Thats the only thing I can think of..

From the information I have read (specially on his site) they denied they pics, but NEVER denied the texts or voicemails..to me that says yeah he was trying to met her, but why?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... not sure if I want him to be suspended for the packer game or not..

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
FINALLY she speaks...sheese woman! But a whole lotta nothing yet,...easy crime solving procedures here,get the phone records!

Did anyone see on the CMA show last night in the intro,..Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley did a little number about men in sports not behaving..
Something to the effect of catching Tiger with some tail,.. and Brett Favre taking up photography..(Carrie goes.."YEEHAWW")
I agree Kitten,..I wouldn't believe the "issue" would just quietly fade away...but a BEAUTIFUL twist of fate indeed!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
O good lord

I don't know why but I feel as if someone *coughs* Ted Thompson *clears throat* sorry got something in my throat tried to set up Brett and make him look like a fool.

now we blame Ted for this?

WOW

what a bunch of freaking lunatics

Now thats class..Bretts official site is allowing people to blame Ted for Bretts "flirting with a girl"

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
There are no words....:dry: Poor Ted,.. blamed for all that could go wrong with that guy.

What a scapegoat he has become.

Still no acknowledgment about BF ADMITTING that was him in the voicemails?? No apologies to Ted supposedly hacking into his cell, and "manipulating" it to sound just like Brett?!!?!?

If Ted were that good, he could of done so much better than.."I'm just gonna chill" Also kudo's to him for finding a chick that just so happens to look like a younger/hotter Deanna! Not to mention getting Brett to admit to his mad skills at phone tapping/recording! AWESOME!
He's got time to **** around with some old QB's life and still manage a NFL football team...wowzer!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duanne (I like calling him that since he hates for his name to be put in public, even though its all online with pictures of him and everything)

He denied the pictures. citing no scar on belly form the intestine operation..Awesome I will believe it isnt him in the picture

But wont even talk about voice mail, or texts...Cuz it was Brett and Brett got caught

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sheer audacity of blaming it on Ted is hilarious, bordering on lunacy. What is the premise of their argument? I really just completely and utterly fail to understand these people. I've never seen fans behave like this. I've said this before, but I actually worry for them. I think they be in need of either Dr Phil, a priest or both.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The sheer audacity of blaming it on Ted is hilarious, bordering on lunacy. What is the premise of their argument? I really just completely and utterly fail to understand these people. I've never seen fans behave like this. I've said this before, but I actually worry for them. I think they be in need of either Dr Phil, a priest or both.

Its called Favrealitus

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

Its called Favrealitus

Hilarious!!! A priest?!?!?! "DEMONS COME OUT!!!"

I think it can readily be called "Favrefungusamungus"!!! Isn't the jets slogan... "gangrene" well i know its not spelled like they would but...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Digging this up again

She met with Goodell again and reports are it got heated..But dont say why..

Now this is coming out

Favre Allegedly Asked Sterger for ************ Video | TMZ.com

WARNING

ADULT MATERIAL

The former NY Jets employee who allegedly received ***** photos from Brett Favre also claims she got a text message from the NFL legend ... in which he asks her for a video of her ************ -- this according to sources connected to the investigation.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
ewwwwww!! Was not expecting to see that word in the shout box.

Now yet another mental image to blaze out of my brain. Thanks Brett Perve.

I was going to change my Favre Jersey over to Pevre , but didn't even want to give him THAT much honor.
They were tossed pre Vikings/ Bears game. Couldn't even stand to see them a second longer!

Well well well.... what will be the end all of this situation?? Are all the diehard fans ready with an entire new litany of excuses for this behavior??
The bigger question is if Goodell will ever do anything about this latest smear to the NFL??
Gross!!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd watch that. *shrugs shoulders*

Doesn't make a married man begging a woman that's not his wife for a dirty video right, but still.

Members online

Latest posts