Save some $ for Rodgers?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Very good thoughts. This thought is part of what I referred to in some of my posts in other threads. Fans are hoping the Packers sign some big free agent to help the defense. But they simply can't afford to. A lot of folks look only at the cap this year. But you can bet management is planning ahead. Looking into next year, Rodgers isn't the only one who will be under consideration. I believe there are a bunch of contracts due then. So we realize, the big FA isn't going to happen. Draft and develop is the Packer way this year.

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worried, next year Driver's contract will run out & eventually Woodson's will 2 and will pay him big $$$ with no worries.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Yes, we need to keep Mr. Rodgers a happy camper. I would leave nothing to chance. He is worth the money for sure.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man, I hate JSonline stupid limiting article reads, ****** me off.

Rodgers will probably get an extension either next offseason or the one after. Got some other guys that deserve contracts between now and then

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I'm just sayin to keep plenty of butter in the refrigerator to you can always keep your bread tasty.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
A-Rod will be a Packer for life. He will get his big payday maybe later in 2012 season after we take care of what needs to be done now. He's a team guy, I'm sure he want's to get the pieces to get his rings and MVP's now and knows he can lockup the big contract later. Cap will rise and he will get his deserved bucks. A-Rod will be a Packer for life or until we draft the next A-Rod in 10-12 years (if we are really..Really..REALLY..LUCKY).

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A-Rod will be a Packer for life. He will get his big payday maybe later in 2012 season after we take care of what needs to be done now. He's a team guy, I'm sure he want's to get the pieces to get his rings and MVP's now and knows he can lockup the big contract later. Cap will rise and he will get his deserved bucks. A-Rod will be a Packer for life or until we draft the next A-Rod in 10-12 years (if we are really..Really..REALLY..LUCKY).

I feel like we had this other QB I thought would be a Packer for life. In fact I thought we signed him to a contract to do just that.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I feel like we had this other QB I thought would be a Packer for life. In fact I thought we signed him to a contract to do just that.
I really hope A-rod will retire a Packer, but at one point I thought He whose name cannot be spoken would retire a packer, and Montana would retire a 9'er and Manning would retire a Colt, well the jury is still out on that one.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, everybody just send your cash to me in clean unmarked bills. I'll "hold" it for ya until it's needed.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, everybody just send your cash to me in clean unmarked bills. I'll "hold" it for ya until it's needed.
Croak, I'm still waiting for that deed to the Brooklyn Bridge.
Cash, checks or money orders will do. Just make sure you make those out to me.
Rocky, how's it going for that ocean front property in Arizona I sent you the money for?
Any progress on my house being built?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another reason why you cannot make knee-jerk reactions and chase every high priced, big name free agent in this business. Draft the best player available, regardless of position and develop them into a starter is what gets you long term, sustained success.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I'm building yours right next to mine. I got us the biggest TV they make. Packers party every weekend.

Members online

Latest posts