Sam Shields tosses out g/f and leaves her homeless

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We landed on the moon?!? WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!"
-Lloyd Christmas

Is there an emoticon for old threads that have nothing to do with anything anymore? :confused:? :tdown:? :poop:?

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is missing the point - these guys like Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and SS need to be accountable for their past action. The NFL needs to purge the bad seeds.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone is missing the point - these guys like Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and SS need to be accountable for their past action. The NFL needs to purge the bad seeds.

Ya... but like somebody else said, being accused of something does not make them guilty. ...and "not being kind" is not a crime. Most of what we read about are not crimes. They're just players being jerks. When there are suspected crimes committed, in most instance there are no charges brought.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No crime was committed. This was two years ago+. Now is he a good dude? Nope, but the NFL is hardly a bastion of upstanding individuals.

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya... but like somebody else said, being accused of something does not make them guilty. ...and "not being kind" is not a crime. Most of what we read about are not crimes. They're just players being jerks. When there are suspected crimes committed, in most instance there are no charges brought.
Like AP is just "accused"? He hasn't been found guilty last time I checked.

The point is, there are too many players that would be serving time behind bars if it weren't for the shield of being a pro player. Come on, admit it, sad but true.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being a NFL player, but the fact they have money. Rich people can afford great attorneys that can get the best possible deals. I know some rich people, who have zero fame and have gotten serious charges reduced to next to nothing.

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being a NFL player, but the fact they have money. Rich people can afford great attorneys that can get the best possible deals. I know some rich people, who have zero fame and have gotten serious charges reduced to next to nothing.
I was speaking of CHARACTER of these guys. Vince would not have tolerated players with bad character. They may have talent but don't deserve our hard earned dollars or to be admired by the youth that worship these guys. Besides the ones I mentioned, let me include Vick in there too. And Braun.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like AP is just "accused"? He hasn't been found guilty last time I checked.

The point is, there are too many players that would be serving time behind bars if it weren't for the shield of being a pro player. Come on, admit it, sad but true.

Admit what? What "shield"? For every time they are guilty of something, there's another time they are targeted for something they didn't do, just because they have money.

Are their times that they buy their way out of legal trouble? Yep - no doubt...but that's another issue.

You bring up Peterson and Ray Rice. Perfect examples. Thank you. There's a pretty good chance that neither of those two will play again in the NFL. That's pretty heavy. How many professions that you know ban people for life?

I hate to come with facts here, but the fact is, when dividing the total number of NFL players by the number of players committing crimes, it's less than the average of this country. It's just that the NFL cases are all so high profile that we think there's a larger issue. Most of us have seen the email or internet posting about criminals in congress. It's a fact that we have a higher percentage of criminals in congress than the NFL.

It is the EXACT SAME issue de'jour with the feel good drive by media and "a certain voting base" concerning white people shooting black people. Black on black crime accounts for 85% of all crime in this country, but yet, we burn towns when some white guy shoots a black guy and it's in the news for literally years! It's exactly why the country is going to he##. We're the least analytical country on the planet and the majority of our population doesn't know fact from fiction.

We're more worried about spewing feel good crap from our cake holes and trying to be politically correct.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I was speaking of CHARACTER of these guys. Vince would not have tolerated players with bad character. They may have talent but don't deserve our hard earned dollars or to be admired by the youth that worship these guys. Besides the ones I mentioned, let me include Vick in there too. And Braun.
Yeah, right. I will have to contact my aunts who dealt with Packer players in the 60's. They didn't do much in Green Bay, but they sure did a lot of crap in Appleton. I know at least 3 people who claim to be children of Packers from the early 60's. And I really don't doubt the stories. Back then it was just covered up. What was the restaurant, "The Right Guard". Believe there is still one in Green Bay. The one in Appleton is were they would come to get drunk.

Edit: Think the name was "The Left Guard" one of those.

Last edited:

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh, I agree, but this is a new era. Our standards for behavior and responsibility are way less stringent. We live in a society of entitlement and the parents of many of these people are just as irresponsible. You see it all around, parents screaming and threatening little league referees/umpires/officials. Parents arguing out in public. Parents not going and caring about their children's academic performance. List goes on and on. Anyways, this is probably getting astray from the topic.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are literally all over the map. You mention guys that commit crimes like Vick in the same group of guys that are guilty of nothing more than "lacking character". For God's sake, torturing dogs is a bit worse in my book than taking vitamins and only one is a crime.

Last edited:

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Admit what? What "shield"? For every time they are guilty of something, there'sv another time they are targeted for something they didn't do, just because they have money.

Are their times that they buy their way out of legal trouble? Yep - no doubt...but that's another issue.

You bring up Peterson and Ray Rice. Perfect examples. Thank you. There's a pretty good chance that neither of those two will play again in the NFL. That's pretty heavy. How many professions that you know ban people for life?

I hate to come with facts here, but the fact is, when dividing the total number of NFL players by the number of players committing crimes, it's less than the average of this country. It's just that the NFL cases are all so high profile that we think there's a larger issue. Most of us have seen the email or internet posting about criminals in congress. It's a fact that we have a higher percentage of criminals in congress than the NFL.

It is the EXACT SAME issue de'jour with the feel good drive by media and "a certain voting base" concerning white people shooting black people. Black on black crime accounts for 85% of all crime in this country, but yet, we burn towns when some white guy shoots a black guy and it's in the news for literally years! It's exactly why the country is going to he##. We're the least analytical country on the planet and the majority of our population doesn't know fact from fiction.

We're more worried about spewing feel good crap from our cake holes and trying to be politically correct.

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Those were only ""vitamins" that Braun took. Come on get serious! I call it cheating.

And how many incidents have been covered up or never reported because they were by pro players? A LOT!

Like I said, we need players with good character - how can anyone disagree with that? I know Vince would agree.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are literally all over the map. You mention guys that commit crimes like Vick in the same group of guys that are guilty of nothing more than "lacking character". For God's sake, torturing dogs is a bit worse in my book than taking vitamins and only one is a crime.
Vitamins?? HAHAHAHA

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Those were only ""vitamins" that Braun took. Come on get serious! I call it cheating.

And how many incidents have been covered up or never reported because they were by pro players? A LOT!

Like I said, we need players with good character - how can anyone disagree with that? I know Vince would agree.

What Braun took would not be a crime in the public sector. That's my point. BTW, I can't stand the cheating POS but that's not the point.

You started ranting about "standing behind the shield". All I am saying is, you need to separate "crimes" verses "doing bad things". I don't expect, nor do I want, the NFL to kick guys out of the league just for "doing bad things". THAT is a slippery slope.

Lombardi'sGhost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Braun took would not be a crime in the public sector. That's my point. BTW, I can't stand the cheating POS but that's not the point.

You started ranting about "standing behind the shield". All I am saying is, you need to separate "crimes" verses "doing bad things". I don't expect, nor do I want, the NFL to kick guys out of the league just for "doing bad things". THAT is a slippery slope.
I never said to kick guys out if the league, where do you see that?

AGAIN - my point is that TT, and us as fans, should look for players of GOOD CHARACTER. Unfortunately we have some of not so good character. Take off your green and gold glasses. We can do better.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said to kick guys out if the league, where do you see that?

AGAIN - my point is that TT, and us as fans, should look for players of GOOD CHARACTER. Unfortunately we have some of not so good character. Take off your green and gold glasses. We can do better.

:confused: Now you are talking specifically the Packers? I gotta tell you. You are jumping around "juuuuusssst a tad".:roflmao:

You are being absolutely 100% ridiculous. The Packers do a fantastic job of not allowing crappy character guys on the team. Do the math! Please? Can you at least attempt to think about this a bit?

There are 63 players employed by the Packers. (52 plus practice squad). You tell me, how many players of that 63 would you consider "poor character" guys? If I go back the past 6 years, there are only a handful of players over all that time that I would consider poor character guys, but I'll let you give me the number of guys. Then ask yourself, if you come up with 4 or 5....he##....if you come up with 6 or 7 in all those years, is that really and truly a sign that we have a problem? I would argue that the number of "poor character guys" is less than 3% and is well below most of our work places!!!

If Ted Thompson is batting 97% when it comes to getting good character guys, I tend to think that's pretty damn good. I know for a fact most corporate H.R. directors would take that IN-A-HEART-BEAT. It's beyond ridiculous and completely unrealistic to think a team won't have ANY problem players.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, right. I will have to contact my aunts who dealt with Packer players in the 60's. They didn't do much in Green Bay, but they sure did a lot of crap in Appleton. I know at least 3 people who claim to be children of Packers from the early 60's. And I really don't doubt the stories. Back then it was just covered up. What was the restaurant, "The Right Guard". Believe there is still one in Green Bay. The one in Appleton is were they would come to get drunk.

The Bars /Restaurants owned by 1960s Pl ayers have been out of business for decades

Fuzzy's Sports Bar and Grill "63" on W. Mason Street in Green Bay is no longer owned by Fuzzy Thurston, but still operating for a number of years under a new owner..

All Bars that the 1960's Packers went to in Green Bay, such as Piccadilly, Speed lounge, Kings X have closed many years ago.

Last edited:

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure most of you watched the Packers network broadcast of the Dolphins game, but I watched the Fox broadcast. At one point there was a shot into the crowd of 4 people (3 children and 1 woman and/or teenager(?) ALL wearing Sam Shields jerseys and they were dancing around. Maybe it is just a coincidence but something tells me they were family.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure most of you watched the Packers network broadcast of the Dolphins game, but I watched the Fox broadcast. At one point there was a shot into the crowd of 4 people (3 children and 1 woman and/or teenager(?) ALL wearing Sam Shields jerseys and they were dancing around. Maybe it is just a coincidence but something tells me they were family.
Had to have been. Otherwise how else could they afford all those expensive jerseys?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are implying what I think you are, #12 mustn't have much time to study the playbook or enough energy left to stand up straight. #27 either. Or #52. Let alone #87. Just check out all the preteens in those jerseys, especially during camp.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup. Fuzzy Thurston and Max Magee opened several Left Guard restaurants in Appleton, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and in Menasha--where my wife grew up. Lots of stories out of the Menasha site as well. Max had the Left End in Manitowac as well. Fuzzy sold his restaurant in Green Bay (Fuzzy's #63 Bar and Grill) a couple years ago and we still go there for a steak sandwich on game days. There are still some great photos of the 60s teams in the place--pretty close to heaven for fans my age. Max turned the Left Guard in Minneapolis into a Mexican place. Named it Chi Chi's and made a fortune on franchises around the country.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts