Sam Barrington vs Darren Sproles

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking about being out schemed in the preseason...really? Posters need to realize there isn't much scheming at all in the preseason. It's basically line up and play. Plus, they could have been experimenting. We don't know.

I'm amazed one poster has already declared the Super Bowl out of reach. That kind of pessimism usually doesn't come out until at least week 1...

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the last 7 preseaon games, the Eagles have put up 28, 35, 31, 37, 36, 40, and 39 points.

Kelly's hurry up O is clearly very good agaisnt basic preseason defenses. Good in the regular season too, but not this good. It's just preseason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think a lot of it was the Eagles playing for keeps and the Packers playing for preseason and evaluation. Believe me, it was extremely disappointing to see certain individuals getting beaten like they did, and i'm not very comfortable with our ILB's considering not a single person has done anything in the entire preseason worth mentioning. They all look like guys that can play because you have nobody else and the rest of the season our defense is going to have to be called to cover up or at least mitigate that weakness. Having Matthews there regularly will help, and I think some of the outside guys are stepping up. I think Mulumba and Elliot will help in the rotation with Neal and Perry for sure on the outside and of course Peppers.

But have some perspective people, it's ok to be disappointed, but the season hasn't even started, it's not over yet. When opponents start preparing for schemes and matchups, we'll know better.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope
It can't be they were trying new things?? What you saw is exactly how this def will be come week one?

I have a a feeling people will change their tune on this def
I hope you're right LTF. The play of the first team for all teams doesn't provide an accurate gauge of how they'll perform in week 1 and beyond. I think the GB secondary will be special, even if Hayward plays himself out of a starting job. I'm not worried about the starters on D. I do think they will have to step it up from their play at the end of the last season. With Jordy gone, the O just isn't going to be unstoppable. So we'll need real production from the D and yes, STs. From the PS I'm not worried about STs (exception in Masthay). This unit probably sees the most players being shuttled in and out during PS. This makes the PS a better gauge of how an individual might perform, but not ST as a unit. A fair amount of criticism has been aimed at STs for the NFCCG, and rightfully so. But it's better to save criticism until we see how they play. I trust MM and believe that he believed Zook was the best guy for the gig. All we can do now is wait and see.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I r
In the last 7 preseaon games, the Eagles have put up 28, 35, 31, 37, 36, 40, and 39 points.

Kelly's hurry up O is clearly very good agaisnt basic preseason defenses. Good in the regular season too, but not this good. It's just preseason.
I reeally don't see the Eagles in the hunt for the NFCC, much less the SB. I hope I'm right. There's just not that much special in scoring a lot of points in the PS. The defense looks average to above average and that's it.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well stat
I do think a lot of it was the Eagles playing for keeps and the Packers playing for preseason and evaluation. Believe me, it was extremely disappointing to see certain individuals getting beaten like they did, and i'm not very comfortable with our ILB's considering not a single person has done anything in the entire preseason worth mentioning. They all look like guys that can play because you have nobody else and the rest of the season our defense is going to have to be called to cover up or at least mitigate that weakness. Having Matthews there regularly will help, and I think some of the outside guys are stepping up. I think Mulumba and Elliot will help in the rotation with Neal and Perry for sure on the outside and of course Peppers.

But have some perspective people, it's ok to be disappointed, but the season hasn't even started, it's not over yet. When opponents start preparing for schemes and matchups, we'll know better.
Well stated. There is no way of which I'm aware to evaluate a team's potential because they score a lot of points in the PS. I feel bad, sort of, for the fans who paid good money to watch that, but hey, buyer beware. My feeling at this point is that the loss of Jordy will be addressed by improved play on D and STs. Well maybe that should read "the loss of Jordy can be addressed IF the Packers get better (Top 10) play from the D and STs"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts