Ryan to Colts for a 3rd

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly did not see that one coming. Hadn't heard any rumblings like with Wilson to make me think his time was up in Atlanta.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I honestly did not see that one coming. Hadn't heard any rumblings like with Wilson to make me think his time was up in Atlanta.
While it cost the Falcons a dead cap hit of $40.525 million, the largest in NFL history, it also saved them a touch over $9M. I think it signals that they are ready to probably draft a QB and use 2022 as a rebuild. This could be the path that the Packers might eventually take with Rodgers, if it feels like they can't compete with him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure if this helps or hurts either team. Atlanta has been sour for several years. The Colts showed some life in 2021. All I know is that a 40 mill cap hit is huge. We all see their owner on the field for every Falcon game on TV. They are probably asking him, " What's in YOUR wallet? "

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am not sure if this helps or hurts either team. Atlanta has been sour for several years. The Colts showed some life in 2021. All I know is that a 40 mill cap hit is huge. We all see their owner on the field for every Falcon game on TV. They are probably asking him, " What's in YOUR wallet? "
Not sure what you are trying to say? The dead cap hit represents money already spent by Falcon Owner, Arthur Blank. Considering the founder of Home Depot is said to be worth close to $8 billion, I doubt he even noticed when that money was spent.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to say? The dead cap hit represents money already spent by Falcon Owner, Arthur Blank. Considering the founder of Home Depot is said to be worth close to $8 billion, I doubt he even noticed when that money was spent.
Well, I know Blank will not be Effected by it but he may be Affected by it. Successful businessman like him never like throwing away money even when they have more than they need. He probably is saying he invested in a very talented QB but it never paid off except for one trip to the SB that was blown. There are a number of ways to hurt yourself as an owner or GM. Overpaying someone and leaving the roster of the roster dry. Or giving up draft picks and putting your eggs in one basket. Or even going through head coaches after guaranteeing them plenty even if they get fired.

Members online

Latest posts