Ryan Grant to have surgery on ankle

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NFL.com news: Packers' Grant reveals he is having ankle operation Tuesday

Green Bay Packers running back Ryan Grant told his followers on Twitter that he is having ankle surgery Tuesday, jokingly adding that he expects to play Monday night against the Chicago Bears.
"Everybody is probably sleep but I'm getting ready for this surgery..starts at 8am .. Home by 1pm.. Ready for Monday night Chicago lol" Grant tweeted early Tuesday morning.
Grant, who has rushed for more than 1,200 yards in each of the past two seasons, suffered a right ankle injury during the Packers' season-opening 27-20 victory at Philadelphia. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Grant's injury involved ligament damage, and the team placed him on season-ending injured reserve.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've read, this is the same ankle injury that Terrell Owens had at the end of the 2004 season.. He played in the Super Bowl for the Eagles 6 weeks after surgery, which was truly remarkable. Usually, the injury requires 12 weeks or more to heal.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just want something to come of it already, either it's happening or it's not...btw Larry Johnson was released...just how "well-done" is larry johnson??? sad how fast one's career ends

Members online

Latest posts