Packers Russell Wilson's stature grows in Seattle

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
So far, so good for former Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson. Next week's "Monday Night Football" headliner was originally scheduled as the Matt Flynn Bowl. Understudy vs. League MVP. Flynn's first big test. Not anymore.

Source: JSOnline.com

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I know Flynn was hoping to be the starter as we were as well but at least he won't have to worry bout getting sacked about 5-6x Monday nite

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bite on this "stature" headline. Height doesn't affect Wilson at all. Not when he was playing at Wisconsin behind 6-7 lineman or in high school. Which at first is surprising considering how few short quarterbacks there are in the NFL. He however does have large hands (fourth among qb's at the scouting combine last year) and what I think the main reason to his success is- mobility. He had the second fastest speed at the combine behind RG3 and he can really use it out on the football field. You may not think mobility when you think of Wilson as say, Vick but Wilson uses his mobility in an Aaron Rodgers sort of way instead. Extreme evasiveness and the ability to move out of the pocket when he has to, and throw on the run with accuracy. Which make up for his "stature." He reminds me of a rich man's Seneca Wallace. Both shorter, faster, intangible guys with big arms. Wallace has made quite a living playing football and I'm sure Wilson can too.

He also has the smarts and competitiveness similar to Drew Brees. Wilson works so hard studying and preparing for his game and the opposing defense, he's already like a pro in that aspect. They also both have shorter arms which lead to a quick release. He showed the desire to win games at Wisconsin. And every time he throws the football I can't help but be reminded of throwing around those little mini Nerf balls. Such ease.

As a rookie this guys got a lot of things he needs to work on. I think he will struggle against the Pack and I thought Flynn should of started the year as he's a more rounded ready quarterback but nonetheless, Wilson has a bright future ahead of him!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts