Ross Verba making a comeback:hsugh:

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHO
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ross Verba
Browns

INTERESTED
Packers?
Buccaneers?
Cardinals?

THE SKINNY
Comeback trail
<May. 1> Verba is considering another run at the NFL, reports ESPN.com's John Clayton. The offensive tackle paid the Browns last year to break his contract, and he never landed a job. Verba has taken calls from the Packers, Bucs and Cardinals requesting visits and could be one of the most active free-agent players this week.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 73 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
He is a little short for an OT and he does not have long arms, but makes up for some of that by being an above average athlete. He shows good foot quickness. He can short set and get good position. He is a solid technician - plays with solid balance and body control. He is keeps good position - doesn't take fakes on double rush moves. He is a good competitor, but not the tough, physical nasty player he tries to portray himself as. He is an effective run blocker in space. He flashes to want to get downfield and make blocks. He shows solid initial, foot and lateral quickness. He is not very big - kind of manufactured and topped out weight/size wise. Can get in trouble at times giving up his outside edge and he does not have the arm length to consistently take the DE wide around the QB.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players/sc ... atsId=3920

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats funny.

we dont need OT though at all.

Colledge is 95% likely to get the LG spot

RG is the only question mark now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge can play all 3, he said so...and I personally dont think the packers have any intentions to move barnett(who led the NFC in tackles) out.

Its been talked about every year since we drafted him...and every year it doesnt happen.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Hodge being talked about in a Verba thread? Colledge makes sense since it's talking about our OL needs, but...

Anyway, Verba has experience and could be someone who would work his @$$ off to prove he's still a good player. He fits perfectly into what TT is doing: get a bunch of quality players and them fight it out for a spot on the roster.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does it matter?

Why is Colledge being talked about in a Verba thread?

EDIT wtf, I can't say ***? Gay.

EDIT assass

EDIT haha

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
tromadz said:
Hodge can play all 3, he said so...and I personally dont think the packers have any intentions to move barnett(who led the NFC in tackles) out.

Its been talked about every year since we drafted him...and every year it doesnt happen.

I think you are right. I've always felt Barnett would be even more effective on the outside though. I hope it doesn't happen this year, because I do not want to give the MLB responsibilities to a rookie yet, but in a year or 2 I think it's ideal to have Hodge in the middle and Barnett and Hawk on the outside.

Latest posts