1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Root for Cards or Yikes!?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Hmmm, I think I'm just going to say I'll root for the Packers in games such as these. I'll root for whatever team will help the Pack the most regardless of how much I may loathe that team. If an enemy can help the Pack, then for that one instance the lamb shall lie down with the lion. For instance, I rooted for the Eagles when they played the Lions and I'll root for them over any of our division rivals, not because I like the Eagles but because the Eagles beating a division rival will help the Packers.

2. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Cardinals vs. vikings - I'll root for the Cardinals of course.

Bears vs. Vikings - I won't root for either one. I'll hope it's a knock down drag out blood bath that leaves both teams so tired and so discouraged they can't function the next couple of week.

3. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Cardinals x's 100000000000000000000000000

I actually picked the Vikings to win this game at the beginning of the season (1 of the 4 I thought they would get), but I don't think so now...Vikes will lose at home and go to 2-6 :viksux:

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I don't know the offensive schemes for every team in the league, but I can think of a few teams that could use McNabb besides the Vikings: Carolina, Oakland, San Fran, Arizona, maybe Buffalo and Cleveland all come to mind. I'll also throw in Chicago as rumors circulate about a possible McNabb for Cutler trade, since Cutler is Shanahan's guy and all.

Let's also not forget that either Mike Vick or Kevin Kolb will likely be traded next season. I have a hard time thinking Philly keeps both guys. Matt Hasselbeck out of Seattle is another possibility, as is Carson Palmer.

I expect there to be a rookie cap with the new CBA, so trading up into the first round won't be nearly as expensive. It will cost you a boat load of draft picks, but won't kill you in terms of salary cap.

5. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,393
    San Fran hasn't known how to bring in a good QB since DeBartolo had to turn over the team to his in-laws. Makes you glad the Packers don't have ownership family feuds.

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    I would hate to see McNabb go to the Vikings or Bears, he's one of my fave QBs and it would be hard for me to have to play him so much. I hope he either stays with the Skins or goes to San Fran, Westbrook is there and it would be great to see them play together again.

As for Philly giving up Vick or Kolb, I would tend to think Reid would keep them both. Who wouldn't want 2 starting QBs at your disposal? Vick the veteran, Kolb rising. Trouble is, which one do you pick as your 1st starter? It also causes a QB controversy having them both there. It's a double edged sword. Kolb would make a young team a really good starting QB, but I see the Eagles hoarding them both.

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Vick is in the last year of his contract in Philly and will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Philly can tag him, but that's going to cost them a TON of money. Plus, Philly essentially moved on to the Kolb era by trading McNabb in the first place. If he's truly the future of the franchise, you can't just have him sit on the bench. That's why I think one or the other will be gone next season. My guess is Vick will be traded to someone outside the division.

8. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    you can carve this in stone--The only time I will root for the vikings is if, by their winning, it knocks the Bears out of the playoffs

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Meh, I'd rather have the Bears or Lions go to the playoffs than the Vikings.

10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I fully expected the Jags to get owned by the Cowgirls, but after seeing that, It's not too far fetched to see the Cards give the Viqueens a nice conventiant L

[​IMG]

11. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Every team and I mean EVERY TEAM, the Vikes play against I root for their opponent.
    My little chart:
    Pack: Duh, always cheer for.
    Lions: Every team except Packers
    Bears: Every team, except Lions and Packers
    Vikings: N*E*V*E*R!!

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Even though the Yikes! won, it was still a close game for them to beat another losing team.
    Seeing that still gives me a lot of confidence that the Pack can beat the Yikes! in the Metrodump in two.