Roger Goodell Powers To Be Limited In New CBA

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neutral judge is fair.
THC relaxation is also understandable.

Nothing groundbreaking. All goods there.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So they are now asking for less time in pads? Isn't that going to cause even more issues with getting game ready?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood the animosity directed at Godell.

I dont think he ever really had that much power. He is a figure head to absorb any animosity of controversial decisions. Deflate gate was the result of a bunch of owners complaining about various cheating incidents of which the Patriots were accused. He mostly acts as a mediator between the owners to settle issues. You cant have an owner assume that role - it would be deemed unfair.

If spygate, deflate gate, player suspensions were ever deemed out of line, Godell would be gone immediately.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never understood the animosity directed at Godell.

I dont think he ever really had that much power. He is a figure head to absorb any animosity of controversial decisions. Deflate gate was the result of a bunch of owners complaining about various cheating incidents of which the Patriots were accused. He mostly acts as a mediator between the owners to settle issues. You cant have an owner assume that role - it would be deemed unfair.

If spygate, deflate gate, player suspensions were ever deemed out of line, Godell would be gone immediately.

RIDICULOUS!!!!! I bet you defended Jeffrey Epstein to the hilt too.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was trying to find the comparison, but not sure how to connect the dots.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Packers GM likes the XFL KO rule and he’s on competition committee, wonder with the new CBA will Godell and owners consider this when talks resume..

H

HardRightEdge

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...discipline_expanding_roster/s1_14819_31362692

Bout damn time. I admit I still think more should be done like Attorney General Bill Barr sending the FBI to kick down his door and prosecute him on fraud and bribery charges and swap Manafort out of jail for him. But... At least this is a start.
On the one hand, having the Commissioner, an employee of the owners, being the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to determining player "conduct unbecoming", applying leeway in drug suspensions within the confines of the CBA, and levying fines and suspensions for on-field behavior does strike me as a conflict of interest.

On the other hand, it is a tough job and, most importantly, up to this point those powers were negotiated into Goodell's hands by the players. Now they negotiated it away. That's the way negotiations go.

This is one of the many side issues negotiated in the players favor, along with pot pentalities going nearly extinct, in exchange for going along with the expanded playoffs and the soon-to-be regular season schedule.

I see no basis on which to swap Goodell or anybody else for Manafort in jail.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well they will expand in 2021 as really pros and cons to this. Due to the owners wanting to make money and that exhausts the players. Really need two bye weeks.

Members online

Latest posts