Rodgers and Gute

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that Rodgers practiced today. First thing he did when he ran out to the practice field was go over to Gute and give him an embrace.
I'm loving it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that Rodgers practiced today. First thing he did when he ran out to the practice field was go over to Gute and give him an embrace.
I'm loving it.
Or did he say " Promise to keep Randall next year, too? "

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta say that even though some said Cobb gets hurt too much and even though I was against it...that he made some clutch/meaningful catches and I'm glad we had him. I think he played his best this year. Not in number of catches obviously but in making a difference.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I'm loving it.
Are you sure it didn't look like this? Gute may want to avoid fishing for a while.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Gotta say that even though some said Cobb gets hurt too much and even though I was against it...that he made some clutch/meaningful catches and I'm glad we had him. I think he played his best this year. Not in number of catches obviously but in making a difference.
He also may have bought us valuable time in getting other young players up to speed, such as Amari, EQ etc..

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly did. And Rodgers remembers all the special plays he made over the years. Guess that is why he wanted him. 2 game winners against the Bears, the Hail Mary vs. NY and long forgotten his kickoff return in his first NFL game.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly did. And Rodgers remembers all the special plays he made over the years. Guess that is why he wanted him. 2 game winners against the Bears, the Hail Mary vs. NY and long forgotten his kickoff return in his first NFL game.
I wonder how much more successful (if at all) the team would have been if they had listened to Rodgers input more often.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder how much more successful (if at all) the team would have been if they had listened to Rodgers input more often.

I'm fine with the franchise quarterback having a seat at the table but he shouldn't be the one making the calls.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well. Think back to that Seattle debacle in the 2014 championship. Now certainly if we recover the onside kick the game is over. But before that Aaron alluded to the fact that what the team did was play not to lose after the INT. And that was a formula for defeat. Reminds me of Dan Devine refusing to heed any advice from Bart Starr in 1972. Nevertheless, I am not certain that Rodgers ever gave input in regard to the defense. And it was that side of the ball that ultimately held us back the last 10 seasons.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm not giving up on a Cobb return just yet.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
But not likely.
Whole reason for surgery was for postseason return. If Packers get first round bye, Cobb won't be needed until mid January. Even if it's for the NFCCG or the SB, I think a Cobb return is more than in the cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts