1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers a buc?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Dan115, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    what about the other 22 teams that passed him up.including the other 3 NFC North rivals?

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    So psyched that he is with this Bay team instead!

4. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Hope he takes it out on them!

5. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    well I'm glad know one wanted him except the pack,sure think Buks and 9ers wish they had s.b rings right now.

6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    One thing I will point out, is the situation Rodgers had coming to Green Bay, IT is NOT usual for a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK QB...to have that sort of "waiting time" just doesn't happen...now add the continuity of the OFFENSIVE staff, never changing from Rodgers ROOKIE year (mike sherman-still west coast)...an almost "perfect" scenario for success, almost like it was meant to be, I give Rodgers all the credit, but he has mentioned many times himself, that he needed that time to better himself, and he sees it as the best thing that could have happened to him

7. North44

North44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    I went to a Bucs message board to see what they are saying about the game this week and they had a thread about this topic- a very much discussed thread btw. A lot of them seemed to think that Aaron benefitted from being at GB and sitting behind Favre and being developed by excellent coaches and staff- not that he's not super talented and hard working on his own. The point was more that Gruden and the Bucs system might have ruined him because they aren't good at developing players as say some of the more successful franchises like the Packers, Steelers, Patriots for example.

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    There are still Buc fans out there?

9. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I miss their tangerine uniforms with the guy eating a knife.

• Like Like x 1
  10. North44

North44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    Yes, dispirited, but hanging in there.

11. North44

North44 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    yeah, back in the bad ol' days of the NFC Central. They were the only team the Packers could reliably beat back then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    LMAO. :) Good one. They actually had a name for that image ... wasn't it like "Bucco Bruce" or something? Kind of like the LOINS having a name for the lion on their helmet ... I didn't know until a couple of years ago that the lion's name is actually "Bubbles".

• Like Like x 1
  13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Back in the day, when both teams sucked so bad, it was inevitable that as game day approached, one sports writer or another would refer to "The Battle of the Bays" as: The Bays of Pigs....or...the old joke that the Pack and Bucs were so bad that the NFL was going to merge them into one team named The Tam-Pax ... but still, it was soooooooooooooo cool to make the annual pilgramage to fill The Big Sombrero with Green and Gold.

14. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I think it was Buffy Buc.