Rodgers a buc?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I will point out, is the situation Rodgers had coming to Green Bay, IT is NOT usual for a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK QB...to have that sort of "waiting time" just doesn't happen...now add the continuity of the OFFENSIVE staff, never changing from Rodgers ROOKIE year (mike sherman-still west coast)...an almost "perfect" scenario for success, almost like it was meant to be, I give Rodgers all the credit, but he has mentioned many times himself, that he needed that time to better himself, and he sees it as the best thing that could have happened to him

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a Bucs message board to see what they are saying about the game this week and they had a thread about this topic- a very much discussed thread btw. A lot of them seemed to think that Aaron benefitted from being at GB and sitting behind Favre and being developed by excellent coaches and staff- not that he's not super talented and hard working on his own. The point was more that Gruden and the Bucs system might have ruined him because they aren't good at developing players as say some of the more successful franchises like the Packers, Steelers, Patriots for example.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I miss their tangerine uniforms with the guy eating a knife.

LMAO. :) Good one. They actually had a name for that image ... wasn't it like "Bucco Bruce" or something? Kind of like the ***** having a name for the lion on their helmet ... I didn't know until a couple of years ago that the lion's name is actually "Bubbles".

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Back in the day, when both teams sucked so bad, it was inevitable that as game day approached, one sports writer or another would refer to "The Battle of the Bays" as: The Bays of Pigs....or...the old joke that the Pack and Bucs were so bad that the NFL was going to merge them into one team named The Tam-Pax ... but still, it was soooooooooooooo cool to make the annual pilgramage to fill The Big Sombrero with Green and Gold.

Members online

Latest posts