Released Players

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put down the names of released player so we can discuss whether the Pack should be interested. Copy and paste the list, adding more released player and whether GB should be interested...

Jamal Lewis RB - yes
LaVar Arrington LB - no
Eric Moulds WR- yes
Brian Simmons LB - no

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam timmerman - yes
Jeff Garcia - no
Tony Fisher - yes

Jeff Garcia wasnt released his contract expired
also Adam timmerman is old and he probably doesnt work in our system anyways

Brad Johnson - NO
Carlos Emmons - No
Sammy Davis - Nah
Ross Verba - No
Troy Vincent- No
Aaron Brooks- NO
Kevin Barlow- No
Al Wallace - Maybe but D-Line Depth is good

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers can't get a deal done with Ahman Green then Jamal Lewis would be intriguing for us.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers can't get a deal done with Ahman Green then Jamal Lewis would be intriguing for us.

Jamal is a powerback does he really fit into our systen? There was a rumor flying around before that the Broncos might/will trade Tatum Bell and they want DE's so why not trade KGB and something to get Tatum Bell because Denver uses the same o-line blocking as the Packers

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Jamal is a powerback does he really fit into our systen? There was a rumor flying around before that the Broncos might/will trade Tatum Bell and they want DE's so why not trade KGB and something to get Tatum Bell because Denver uses the same o-line blocking as the Packers

I heard that rumor, also. The Packers pick up a RB that fits the system and I don't have a problem shipping KGB and another player or late round pick to Denver.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

He's a downhill runner. He'd fit into our system. You don't nessacary need to be a shifty/speed back to work in this sytem.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He's a downhill runner. He'd fit into our system. You don't nessacary need to be a shifty/speed back to work in this sytem.

Isnt that have Davenport sort of was?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
keep in mind...some of the released players very well could be resigned by their team..

* edit *

Like this

Ravens | Team interested in re-signing J. Lewis
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:27:33 -0800

BaltimoreRavens.com reports Baltimore Ravens general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome said he would like to re-sign recently released RB Jamal Lewis. Newsome said, "We are involved in negotiations with Jamal, and there has been good dialogue. Jamal has been a significant contributor to us in the last seven seasons. It's our hope to have him back with the Ravens."

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Davenport didn't have good reads. He was the type of back that needed to know where to go before he left the huddle. Lewis is a one cut. Both are big players just different running styles.

I'm not saying GB will get him. In fact I doubt it but if Green can't be resigned a Lewis/Lynch combo would really be interesting to watch. Thunder and Lightening like.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

Davenport didn't have good reads. He was the type of back that needed to know where to go before he left the huddle. Lewis is a one cut. Both are big players just different running styles.

I'm not saying GB will get him. In fact I doubt it but if Green can't be resigned a Lewis/Lynch combo would really be interesting to watch. Thunder and Lightening like.

When I think of Davenport i dont think of a cutting guy..i think of a power guy..Dont ask me why, I just do..thats why I said those 2 are SORT of similar

Members online

Latest posts