Reggie and Sara White...sad...interesting column

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wow I never knew heard of this before..

"Perhaps four or five years ago, Harlan said, NFL Properties took White's business associates to court over trademark infringement. It stemmed from the illegal or unauthorized use of the Packers' logo by White's memorabilia shop near Lambeau Field.

NFL Properties' vigorous defense of its property is understandable. At the same time, the Packers could have and probably should have done more to intervene and maintain a modicum of peace and professionalism.

Harlan admitted as much.

"Two former (Packers) employees could've handled the situation a little more diplomatically," he said. "It is too bad that it may have led to some tattered feelings."

The Packers were conspicuous by their absence on White's funeral card, although the Tennessee Volunteers, Memphis Showboats and Philadelphia Eagles were acknowledged. "

Wonder what that was all about???

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted July 21, 2006

Chris Havel column: White's honors barely tell story

It's sad to know Reggie White won't be attending his induction ceremony into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame on Saturday night.

White loved a celebration.

One of the greatest defensive players in National Football League history was a man among boys on the football field, and a big kid at heart off it. He loved nothing more than to laugh, unless it was being able to make others laugh with him.

The secret of White's greatness, according to former teammate Sean Jones, isn't a secret at all. It was the 6-foot-5, 320-pound defensive end's raw power and innate athleticism, to be sure, but it was so much more than that. It was his jovial disposition, his desire to help those less fortunate and his passion for all things football.

“It will be an honor to celebrate Reggie’s memory,â€

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I first read the article listed above my thoughts were that Reggie didn't have anything to do with the infringement. The people representing him didn't follow the rules. Once again, we look to blame others in the Packers organization for perhaps not doing a better job of protecting White's interest. Then I thought you know poor Sarah is maybe looking at the Packers as they betrayed Reggie, which I don't believe happened. I don't think there is a doubt in anyone's mind of the value of Reggie White to the resurgence of the Green Bay Packers. Why in the world the White Family wouldn't have included the Packers in the funeral program of Reggie is beyond me. It's obviously an individual hoice, but I'd bet that it's way more of a misunderstanding that could and should be resolved as soon as possible. Sarah is only doing what she believes to be in the best interest of her deceased husband. I just feel badly that there are any bad feeling at all between the White family and the Packers and their fans.

Members online

Latest posts