Realistic DL Free Agent Discussion

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leaving the best nickname 'Snacks' out deserves a day ban LOL

I hear ya, it is loaded...and IMO why waiting till post draft for an unsigned one could be our move.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh! I have a take on him!

He looks like a full grown Peter Dinklage!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In addition to being a full-man version of the half-man, Wolfe has also played both on the edge and interior over his career and has been a pretty stout run defender. So he might be a good buy-low option.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As many of us sense it, let's discuss it. We are not going after a top flight guy, arguably not a Tier 2 but young guy either. But I 100% feel we will be a player in Free Agency at the interior DL position, and perhaps especially for run specific type guys.

Granted while I feel we may wait till after the draft...someone may come our way there...a few quick names I feel could realistically be looked at locker room to help Clark in the trenches are:

• Snacks Harrison (Age:31) ...For years snacks was one of the better NT in the league. Regression hit as injuries did last year. Is he done...or does he still have a healthy and worthy year or two in him? Defenitely a guy worth looking at for the role discussed.
  • Michael Pierce (Age:27) ...His age and potential may make him just not be there for us given bigger spending needed elsewhere, but is ankle injury and a down year could assist us making a play. A true NT, his role would be to plug and stop run. He offers a longer future, but I'd argue the same level production as Snacks (if healthy).
  • Domata Peko (Age:35) ...am I a huge fan of him at this point...no, but the dude has been a testament to consistency having played 16 games all but 3 of his seasons in his career. For just purely plugging the middle he could still serve a purpose and worth a one year.
  • Al Woods (Age: 33) ...of the over 30 guys I saw his games more being a Colt for two years and then last year with the Seahawks. He would serve how we need him to and appears to for a trench warrior have above average health typically.
  • Tyeler Davison (Age:27) ...Tyeler is a guy that shocked me didn't get a better contract after his rookie deal expired in 2018. The Saints let him walk, and the Falcons got him for sub-$1Million. With the way he performed in ATL on the one year deal...I am unsure just what it would take to grab him...but he has my eye.

Plenty of others....just a few quick ones.
Thanks for the research Ty. Most of the forum discussion has been on WR, ILB, and OT. I’d argue Gluten has put stop gaps on at ILB and RT. But the run D was AWFUL last year. These guys look interesting, and I’d rather have a few middle of the road to above average guys than one stud. That allows MLF to substitute and keep the DL fresh into the 4th quarter. It’s not ****, but Gluten has to address it, and I’d say, ideally, in FA. Finally, I’m expecting much more use out of Gary, even though he is technically Edge. Anyway, well done.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rebuilding. Teams generally don't rebuild around 34 year old players except for a franchise QB. Knowing they are not swimming in cap space futher supports the rationale. I would not rule the decision being mutual. Campbell goes to a top contender. In the end, it is a business.

As for those picketing fans, if there are any, forgiving and forgetting for the vast majority comes with winning if Jacksonville can manage it in the not to distant future. As it stands now, they can't even fill their stadium.
Do the Jags have two first round picks in 2020 and 2021. I think so. They need em......

Members online

Latest posts