Ready for REGULAR SEASON?!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K, the last preseason game has been played.

3 interceptions:
1. earl little - can he take romans job? I hope so. I hate roman.
2. Corey Jenkins - FA pickup. he used to play for bates. He is again. Good pickup considering diggs injury.
3. Mike Hawkins - young,raw, talented. 4.3 speed. 38 inch vertical. Bye Ahmad.

Joey thomas played well. He wants that job. And I think he got it. He didn't really "earn" it although he played well. Carroll gave it up. Holding, pass interference,etc. He did it to himself.

The run defense did very good after the first couple series. JacksonHunt had to get in to the groove. Hunt didnt do well, but jackson did. With his fatness. Run defense is back.

Offense...is great. Oline will figure it out.

Special teams will improve saturday after the 2nd CUT DAY.

Rejoice...and get ready for Detroit.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree that Batman2 threw his towel in pretty early.. on several occasions.

Joey Thomas gave some juice and came back strong....
I was sorry to see Manning get hurt....
I thought HO was great - he kept the train a rollin'....
(psst HO is Ben Steele)

I thought the Safeties were in it like a real game...
Flanagan needs a vacation already tho'.... Where was he protectin' Favre?
Our first team needs some juice - maybe after the cuts, guys will get some moxie and some confidence.... I saw a great game today... Now, let's take down da Mooch!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching it on the net was not as promising as you all speak. Once I took off the 96' Pack hat and put on the cheesehead we started rolling on to our first score. I couldn't help but wonder what the f*** is Carrol thinking, especially 2 x's in a row. I wish I could have watched it. Looks like our D was starting to work but our OL in the running game is still dismal. I wasn't stoked to see BF get sack so early on.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed...Hunt, Flanny, and Carroll left a lot to be desired. Hunt was getting BLOWN off the line, Flanny and the rest of the o-line looked putrid on the first 2 drives, and Carroll...same crap, different day.

On the positive side, I'm actually excited about our secondary...I think they'll struggle for the first half of the season, but Hawkins really looks like he'll turn out to be a gem, and Collins seemed to play solidly, including a great play demonstrating his closing speed by diving and batting down a TD in the endzone.

Poppinga was all over the place tonite...might have earned himself a roster spot.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the DT's don't get off the respirator and show life it will be a long year for Barnett and Packer fans.

Klemm had a starter job lined up. He won't get cut but he is really rusty from not playing much. It is a coin flip if he or Wells starts in Detroit.

Bedell was not up to game speed and had a poor outing. I still think he can make the team but if he is cut it is almost all because of the Titan game.

Clifton and Flanagan both had bad games. Poor Walt Williams. I feel sorry for that guy. He could be the 54th player on the squad.

Guys should get released in groups as the medical staff has to examine them before their release. 5 a day begining with the NFL-E guys like Sam Breeden.

I am more confused about who I would cut than I was before. I may just accept the coaches decisions.

There are still many questions but over the course of the preseason we learned.

1) Whitticker is better than expected and O'Dwyers experience did not make up for lack of moving out on blocks.

2) A fresh young Montgomery coming in mid season when Hunt or Jackson gets hurt might not be a bad thing.

3) Collins, Hawkins, and Underwood are better than expected. DB overall is a success. Little at little cost also helps.

4) The Roy Manning story will give hope to future undrafted guys coming in.

5) Sander has silenced his critics

The 2006 draft should include at least 2 DT's, a TE, an RB, a T, and a QB(Nall will be gone)

The Packers will throw more than run for awhile. They should run behind Whitticker and Tauscher rather than Klemm and Clifton.

DB's are the most improved group but QB's will have lots of time to throw.

DL is weak spot of team.

Preseason the Packers are 2-2 just like the 49'ers and the Eagles for what little that is worth. I'm more in doubt and confused than I was in July.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Flanagan needs a vacation already tho'.... Where was he protectin' Favre?

I almost got the impression that Favre was yelling at Flanagan a little after one series. I might have seen it wrong, but that's what it kind of looked like to me.

I'm starting to worry about Flanagan. I knew he'd be rusty, but he looks like he's getting pushed around physically. Hopefully he can work through it, but I'm starting to wonder if he's having more problems with the knee than we know about.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring on the Lions....Jeff Garcia, start warming up now because Mooch will have a short leash on Sept. 11! :D :beersign:

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well hey if Flanny is rusty and cant hold his own in the regular season then we got Scott Wells and Chris White waiting in his wings to start.

Members online

Latest posts