Ray Rice suspended indefinitely

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Goodell isn't going anywhere .... Rice should be in jail. Woman married him anyway...unbelievable...

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO he married her partially to shut her up so she can't testify against him. I don't understand why women stay w/guys like that

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The NFL is using a double standard in the Ray Rice incident. While domestic abuse is never acceptable, the way the NFL is handling things is just wrong. What the NFL should be doing is suspending players until their case is resolved. That would make sure these case's do not get dragged out over long periods of time by the player to ensure he can play during the season.

First, the NFL knew Ray Rice punched his wife. They knew it because back in March when the prosecutors upp...ed the charges to a felony the police came out and said he punched his wife, and they said they had the video to prove it. We all knew it. It was in the papers. Rice never said he didn't punch his wife, at least in public. What he told the NFL, I don't know. EDIT: Well apparently he told the Ravens exactly what happened. So much so that the Ravens confirmed that his description of the event was spot on.

Second, to come back and revisit the punishment after the fact because of public opinion on a video? Sorry, this is just wrong. The NFL did nothing but make a request from the police for the video. If TMZ got it, the NFL could.

Third. Goodell himself has stated that no punishment will be enforced while the legal system was in the process. Rice was in the process of completing the Pre Trial Intervention program. While not pleading guilty it basically assumes one is until the process is complete. He owned up to the fight, he was/is getting counseling so it does not happen again. He was doing everything he was suppose too. A traffic ticket can send him back to court. At the end of the PTI the case would be dismissed.

Fourth. What is Goodell doing about Greg Hardy and Ray McDonald. Both are accused of abuse. Hardy has been convicted of two counts of misdemeanor assault in his case. His case is on appeal. Yet, he has not been suspended and played this past weekend and is scheduled to play this weekend. Guess it would have helped if they had a video.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting reaction. What a sexist country we live in. Ray Lewis is involved in the murder of a man and nothing happens. Ray Rice punches a woman and there is a huge out pouring of anger and punishment.

So what is worse, participating in the murder of a man or punching a woman?

And don't tell me Lewis didn't pull the trigger and is innocent. He was there and helped in the get away, disposal of evidence and then lied to police. There are many individuals in prison for doing less.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't agree w/what Rice did but he was part of double jeopardy. Now EA Sports is going to remove him from Madden

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodell isn't going anywhere .... Rice should be in jail. Woman married him anyway...unbelievable...
I disagree on the terms that IF the NFL had seen the video & said they didn't Goodell is gone. Then what about Bill Romanowski & B. Marshall? They should've done jail time also

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also RR married his fiancé. Legally a spouse can't testify against their husband or wife. Yes they have the video which is all u need but I go back to my 1st point

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The NFL needs new rules in this area. Suspension with pay till cleared, convicted or whatever, than NFL punishment if warranted.