1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Randy Moss to retire

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by PackersFanfromCali80, Aug 1, 2011.

1. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Just reported on NFL Network.

2. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RANDY :(

As much as I hated watching him tear the Packers apart week after week when he was with the Vikings, this guy is one of my favorite players ever simply for the comedy he provided in his interviews.

Here's my personal favorite randy moss moments!

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I think he should have signed in Philly, and TO should have made his return to Philly as well. as the #3 and #4 WRs.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    Straight Cash homie

5. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    Philly needs to worry about getting Desean Jackson happy before they start signing guys in their mid-30s.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    He will be back, he has to or he wont become a FA next year.

7. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah, but in the long-run they need to make him happy NOW, otherwise he'll bolt from Philly as soon as he gets the chance. Jackson doesn't really have anything to bargain with right now, but there's no way he comes back to Philly after his contract expires if the Eagles don't pay him what he's worth.

8. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    So, is Moss a first ballot Hall of Famer?

9. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I just threw up in my mouth....

10. Tecmo

Tecmo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Any positive things I could say about this guy are just wiped out when I think of the 2004 wild card game.

11. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

I think you might be tasting the Viking's buffet! :viksux:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    Numbers wise? yeah for sure. He dominated like few have. Also was on the two best teams to never win a SB. Or at least the two best offenses.

Played in 101 less games than Jerry Rice yet has only 44 less TDs. Lead the league in TDs 5 times. NFL record for most TD catches in a season.

But no one would give up during the game like randy.

TO would give it all on the field and destroy the lockerroom. Randy would give half effort on the field but rarely was a problem in the locker room. Strange people.

13. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I think he's retiring now to bond with his buddy in Hattisburg, Mississippi. Maybe they're starting a club for young athletes teaching good sportsmanship and ethical behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +840
    I don't see him as first ballot. I think to many people will put the "I play when I want to" more credit then it deserves. Should he be? Based on number alone, yes. Who else out there has a TD catch for every 6 catches during his carrer. What's really said is, if he played 100% all the time, I think he would have passed Rice a couple of years ago. People blame him for walking it in Oakland but look who was throwing him the ball. In Oakland in 2005 he only had 60 receptions, but that accounted for over 1,000 yards and 8 TDs, more than any other reciever on the team. In 2006 Curry had more yards, but Moss had more yards per catch and 3 TD's on 42 receptions. Oakland only had 7 passing TD's that year. So was it Moss? I don't think so. The QB's' that year, Walter, Brooks and Tuiasosopo, whos combined QB rating for the year is 56.2.