Randall Cobb Injury

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb likely has a separated shoulder. Those usually heal enough in 5-6 weeks to get back in. Anyone going to be held accountable for Cobb's injury. Losing Jordy was a fluke. Losing Cobb was unforgivable in a preseason game.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You people need to R-E-L-A-X. We won't know anything till tomorrow at the earliest. People are saying it's not broke so that's a good sign. Just got to wait this one out.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy said himself after the game he's not concerned about it being long-term like Jordys.

We don't know for sure anything right now but there's no basis here to be stirring major panic for no reason. This isn't like last week. Good to see decent games from all of Montgomery, Janis, and White.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with patience. It's about the actuality/truth of what actually happened to. It doesn't take that long to figure thus out

As stated maybe Cobb said dont announce it, so he could tell his family 1s

that would be a very valid reason

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) The Packers may gain some advantage keeping people,guessing, they gain zero advantage letting every other team know the situation, good for them playing it smart.

B) Jordy could have blown his ACL in a drill at camp just as easily as in a game, can't play scared. IMHO the main things PS games expose are general wear and tear, cumulative injuries especially head injuries, and Fans pocket books paying full price for BS games. None of these contributed to the Jordy or Cobb situations.

If you start playing scared in PS games what comes next? Holding guys out in "easy" regular season games??

The only thing I'll second guess if Cobb misses significant time is Green Bay not having any vet WRs to compete in camp. Cobb missing 5-6 weeks should not keep us from competing, if it does, then we really didn't have a Championship caliber team to begin with

Didn't see the game but the "on the surface" abysmal D performance would be more concerning to me

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1940's or maybe if it's a sprain they want to wait over night for any swelling to subside before doing any scans.

On another note this is part of the problem with the facebook/twitter age. Some people would rather have news right away without regards to whether the person reporting it or saying it are 100% certain.... Or even 90%..... Or 80%...... Or 70%..... Or 60%.......

There's my rant for the day

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Cobb doesnt want it reveled yet,,,

I do believe he has that right
actually you don't. Doctor/patient stuff doesn't apply the same when it involves players being paid and the teams that are paying them. The team can release whatever it likes about an injury. Usually they have protocols they will follow so everyone is on the same page and team doctors do have a right to examine players for obvious reasons. But if Cobb were to forgo the team doc and go see a private doc then the rules are the same as they are for you and I, nothing can be released unless he says so. Or at least that's how it is supposed to go

But either way, I don't care that he played in a preseason game, sit all the starters all preseason, tell me how the first month goes. There's a reason September football doesn't look like November football, or even October and week 5 is usually much better than week 1. And I don't care they haven't told me every detail of the injury yet, it happened like 12 hours ago, go to bed, make some breakfast, take the dog for a walk, do something to pass the time till you know :)

Members online

No members online now.