Backups:

Eli Manning
Lawrence Maroney
Chris Cooley
Brandon Lloyd
Duce Staley
Braylon Edwards
Brett Favre

I am pondering whether I should trade Eli for a 2nd RB, because I would still have Brett, but my backup WR's dont pop out at you either.

What should I do?

Reaction score
That is a really solid team.

IMO, Maroney can serve you good as a 2nd RB. You seem set there, but if you really want a 3rd RB, trade Staley.

As for your WRs, Lloyd sould be a potential great pickup, he might just have a great year. I'd leave him. Ditto for Edwards, who will have some more WR help, and should benefit from that.

I wouldn't do a thing, in terms of a trade. I would view the FA/wavier wire to pick up another TE because there might not be enough footballs to go around to give Cooley his chances. Otherwise your set, IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maroney as a 2nd Rb is risky. Only cuz they still have Dillon, who looks healthy\effective this preseason. Maroney will get touches, but Dillon will be the majority man I think.

(Im a real big maroney fan, NEXT year, hes a fantasy stud)

everything else looks nice....i dunno about Duce Staley. He can have a great year, or not. He can get a lot of touches, or not. flip a coin.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Eli for a back. Other than the bye week you'll never sit Payton. Payton gets hurt about as often as Brett does. I'm not sure he has ever missed a start.

BTW....I'd start Favre above all of them. Where is your loyalty?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely trade for a RB. You need all the depth you can get at that position. Successful fantasy football teams are loaded at RB. You're probably going to have to add someone else if you are going to get a good 2nd RB though.

Don't cut Branch either. Maybe throw him in the trade, but don't just cut him. I would try to keep him though.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is grrrrrreat trade bait.

DePack is right, you don't need 2 QB's of that caliber, when one will be basically taking up a roster spot for 15 weeks.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EXCEPT HE'S NOT ON THE PATS YOU MORONS! HE'S HOLDING OUT UNTIL WEEK 10 SO HE CAN BE A FREE AGENT!

Reaction score
kmac said:
EXCEPT HE'S NOT ON THE PATS YOU MORONS! HE'S HOLDING OUT UNTIL WEEK 10 SO HE CAN BE A FREE AGENT!

I take exception to you calling me a moron.

Fact - Branch is getting fined $14,000 a day. Let's see how long you hold out getting fined that type of money and not having a previous luxurious big-time contract like before.

Fact - Tom Brady has been keeping in touch with Branch, trying to get him to end his holdout.

Fact - The Pats went through the exact same thing last year with Seymour. He was holding out for more money, and people thought the Pats wouldn't cave. They got him signed on time.

If you disagree with someone's opinion, do it without attacking them. You wanna call me a moron, wait until Branch doesn't show up until week 10, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well based on your replies, it sounded like you didn't even know he was holding out. I'm sorry.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Maroney as a 2nd Rb is risky. Only cuz they still have Dillon, who looks healthy\effective this preseason. Maroney will get touches, but Dillon will be the majority man I think.

(Im a real big maroney fan, NEXT year, hes a fantasy stud)

everything else looks nice....i dunno about Duce Staley. He can have a great year, or not. He can get a lot of touches, or not. flip a coin.

Staley's definitely a question mark (although I don't buy the trade rumors). The best thing he has going for him as a fantasy RB is the chance to fill Bettis' shoes taking a lot of short TDs.

Members online

Latest posts