PSA Bridge Out

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
For those out of towners planning on a visit to GreenBay anytime soon take note that the bridge over the Fox River on the north side of town will be of commission for some time. It broke:
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...130925&Kategori=GPG01&Lopenr=309250413&Ref=PH
I-43 comes from Milwaukee along the lakeshore and runs on the east and north sides of town. Hwy 172 is the freeway bridge on the south side over which most gameday traffic from that way typically runs. Hwy 41 on the west side comes from Milwaukee through the Fox Valley and is the main arterial from the hotels there. It is under reconstruction which will also slow traffic somewhat. The Hwy 29 intersection area is the biggest bottleneck this year.
For those not liking the Hwy172 option on gameday, I'd recommend staying on I43 to Mason Street and using that to get through town. After crossing the river, turn south on Ashland, Oneida, or Ridge roads to get to the stadium area. You can also use Hwy172 to get to Hwy 57 on the east side of the river. Run that north to mason. You can also go south into Depere to cross and then run up Ashland, Broadway, or Holmgren Way to get to the stadium area.

D

Dan115

I will hitch hike. Please give me a ride. I will be the one wearing the PACKER gear.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Poppa, was I hearing things or did the GBPD recommend that anyone coming up from Milwaukee leave an HOUR earlier than they used to? I really didn't think that the Frigo bridge being out would cause THAT much of an issue, even on a Sunday game day. During the week sure, but I figured that anyone coming from the south would have exited before that bridge anyway. That bad up there?

(That bridge repair funding better not cut into D.O.T. funds I'm expecting on a parcel I'm selling to them for my employer. If it does, I'm going to be one angry banker - this parcel has been tied up by them since 2007).

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Poppa, was I hearing things or did the GBPD recommend that anyone coming up from Milwaukee leave an HOUR earlier than they used to? I really didn't think that the Frigo bridge being out would cause THAT much of an issue, even on a Sunday game day. During the week sure, but I figured that anyone coming from the south would have exited before that bridge anyway. That bad up there?

(That bridge repair funding better not cut into D.O.T. funds I'm expecting on a parcel I'm selling to them for my employer. If it does, I'm going to be one angry banker - this parcel has been tied up by them since 2007).
All the highway traffic that used to avoid the stadium area on game day is now forced to go through it. Last Sunday afternoon on the bye week had rush hour traffic counts on Hiway172. I was surprised at that. Everyone that had their own "secret" route circling town on I43 and coming in from the North via Velp to Military and Mason no longer have that option. I will probably wait until after kickoff to go through the area.
I recall the very first Milwaukee game had stop and go traffic 20 miles back to the Denmark area. I was in Denmark at that time and saw it. Everyone followed the signs and did not know the other ways to the stadium. Better signage and experience has helped there.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that the Mason Street bridge was stuck in the "up" position for a while yesterday. Not a good time to be a bridge in Green Bay. ;)

starlifter

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming back to Wisconsin for the Eagles game on Nov 10. I believe this is a "Milwaukee" game. We are staying in Mishicot area. How long should I realistically plan on to get to the stadium. Also, with the bridge out, suggestions for my best route options would be appreciated. Any preferred streets or yards to park in? Thanks for any "local" insight.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming back to Wisconsin for the Eagles game on Nov 10. I believe this is a "Milwaukee" game. We are staying in Mishicot area. How long should I realistically plan on to get to the stadium. Also, with the bridge out, suggestions for my best route options would be appreciated. Any preferred streets or yards to park in? Thanks for any "local" insight.
Depends on how much time before the game you plan on going. Stadium opens 2 hours before I believe. You won't get into the stadium parking lot unless you are going with a season ticket holder that has a reserved pass. I doubt this as you wouldn't be asking for help if that were the case. You will be coming in on I43 unless you know the country backroads. I would stay on I43 to the Mason street exit. The bridge does not affect you in this case. Drive through town and turn towards the stadium on Oneida Street. find a place to park when you see everyone else starting to park. There are always a few spots closer. Note that yard prices go up closer to the stadium. Heaviest traffic is typically 1 1/2 to 1/2 hour before kickoff. Before that isn't the worst and after that means you must walk quick to get in the stadium for the kickoff.

Members online

Latest posts