Players to watch on Thursday night

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are the players I will be most interested to watch in Thursday night's game:

Charlie Peprah: With Marquand Manuel sitting, the other safeties will get plenty of playing time. If Peprah plays well, he could make Manuel expendable. He was a fifth round draft pick last year, I think it was for the Giants, so at least then he was thought to be NFL worthy. Maybe he just had a little trouble adjusting to the NFL, and now he's getting up to speed. He made some good plays against Seattle, and he has come on strong in practice lately

Deshawn Wynn: I don't think he can beat out Noah Herron for the #3 RB spot, but he could be the fourth RB if Thompson decides to go that way. And I think Thompson should keep four RBs, considering how many injuries we've had at that position.

David Clowney: Had a terrible start in camp, but has come on strong in the past week and made a lot of good catches in practice. Like Wynn, I think he will need to benefit from the GM keeping more than the usual number of players at his position. I doubt that he can beat out Carlyle Holiday for the #5 spot, but he could be a #6.

Who else?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me, i want to see if James Jones keeps up the good start he has had. Now with Driver out, we need to see if the kid can step it up.
Also, Jennings with DD out. It will be good to see if these guys can carry the load if DD can't be there for the first REAL game.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well I want to see the following..

Jarrett Bush, Blackmon, Dendy, Williams and Walker... against the starters in the secondary... Mostly Bush since he will be the top replacement if Harris or Woodson get nicked up.

Harvner, White, and Johnson battling out the backup Job at Will and Sam....

As well as how well Wynn runs the ball, also if Miree is on the hot seat, can he stay healthy through this game?

Reaction score
Junius Coston - At present, he seems to be our 6th o-linemen, and that means he is just an injury away from starting.

Deshawn Wynn - I really like him, and I think he can fill the dual HB/FB role that McCarthy has talked about.

David Clowney - same reason as Greg.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah im watching for Aaron Rodgers chemistry with Jennings as his number one, and James Jones as his number 2... and also to see where clowney fits in. i wanna see how that lineup fairs in game action, how poised A-rodg can be and how effective Jones and Jennings can be in an elevated role...

if we see that, we could be looking at what our future holds. Driver and Favre cant play forever... and we could see that lineup as early as next year in all reality... so it will be good to see what they got for a little bit.

as far as battles go, obviously the RB/FB position battle and the Safety battle...

but the kicker thing needs to be solved... are we keepin both, trading one, cutting one... what are we gonna do? i think this final game will tell. best case scenario... we send em both out 3 times each and they both connect from varying distances.... then we can trade Rayner for at least something. Because NY and Atlanta need a kicker in the worst way.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see if Thompson can make a case for himself as the #3 QB.

I'm definitely looking for Jennings to make an impact as well as Jones. It'll also be interesting for the remaining WR spots.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of the CB depth. There are some good players, so a very tough battle for the final spots.

I'd like to see our running game pick-up. It's good for Herron to get some starting reps. Let's see if Wynn can show something.

The battle at DT is rather good to watch. Jolly and Williams will both push to make a case to start.

I also really want to see our TEs make an impact again. Bubba and Lee did well last week and we need them both to step it up this season.

GO PACK GO!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we used to have "the minister" now we have "the Bishop"

i say we bring back PJ Pope just for laughs.
Took me a second to catch that...........LOLOLOL!!!
Maybe we can trade for "Priest" Holmes!!! :lol:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Blackmon take one all the way back tonight! I really dont care if we win or not. It would be nice. But I just want to see good play out of our good young guys. Bigbee(SP) and James Jones. Id like to see Mason Crosby have a couple nice kicks. Also like to see Bubba Franks continue in his groove and make a few plays.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the Archbishop? lol we could at least have the Priest, the Bishop and the Pope! Would give us a divine right to win every game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the Archbishop? lol we could at least have the Priest, the Bishop and the Pope! Would give us a divine right to win every game.
Yup!
And with the big "G" (that everyone KNOWS stands for GOD) on our helmets, how could we lose??? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH! OH! OH!!!!
How about that pro hockey player (i can't remember his first name) that has the last name "SATAN!!!" (He could play for the Vikings!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well considering that the 3rd team will probably play most of the game I'd like to see who wins the practice squad spot between DeShawn Wynn and Corey White.

I also want to see if Tramone Williams can grab the 5th CB roster spot which is up for grabs.

I'd like to see if Paul Thompson can earn the #3 job. If not then I say keep two QB's.

I'm curious about David Clowney. He looks like he's been playing his way onto the roster as the #6 receiver but his start to camp was just so bad that I'm not sure they let him on. Maybe practice squad if he doesn't get picked up.

Zac Alcorn or Clarke Harris needs to step up. One of them could be the #3 TE. If neither does then here comes the waiver wire.

Tyrone Culver and Charlie Peprah for the final safety spot. If Bigby plays decent then I think they keep him as the starter and release Manuel to free up a spot for one of the younger safeties.

Spencer Havner needs to show he can be a Strong Side Linebacker because if Poppinga goes down we may have no one.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Wynn to step up, I really think he can be a good power back, we need to keep him.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Wynn to step up, I really think he can be a good power back, we need to keep him.

Agreed. MM has said good things about this guy and I get the feeling had he stayed healthy he would be giving the other two a run for playing time.

He would be the perfect power back alternative to the other two who could contribute once the defense wears down.

Charlie Peprah in Bigby's body would be the ultimate All-Pro safety. He's a very smart kid who led Alabama's secondary for years. Whether he has the physical tools (mainly speed) to play up here is another story.

I hope Clowney makes it because of his speed and as the season moves along could come in and provide a charge. They like what he's done recently so I believe he's a practice squad lock if nothing else.

Members online

Latest posts