Pick any player

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with Bush the only problem is I'm still a little leary of how many quality years he'll give a team but he does seem able to avoid the big hits like S. Alexander. If he can stay healthy he'll be a franchise player

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which way do you go, O or D? O needs 2linemen just to get rolling. So D I like the idea of TP but a great pass rush makes the DB's and LB's better with less time to have to work and let plays develop. Therefore I say DE and J.Peppers. Experienced,young, and constant motor as well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bush wont be able to do **** with this o line... our defensive pass coverage sucks *** which will allow other teams to score points then brett will continue his erratic gunslinger ways thinking he has to hold on to the ball more than 4 seconds and heave it up

have to go D

Reed is Proven!
Bush, is not. The man is elusive like a cat. It would put people in the seats like it has NO (well our seats are filled already) but a defensive stud to shore up the pass defense would be more beneficial than a 'who knows' rookie who's career is only 120 minutes

Someone mentioned Culver, well Reed would be a HUGE influence on him AND Collins.

I would definetely have to go with D side way before the O. If last years OLine was able to put Samkon Gado in position to gain a few hundred yard games I'm sure this one would do the same for A. Green.

Watch the games again guys. Manuel is our weakest link right now. ITs only been TWO games, but he's been consistently out of place. Poppinga was to have soft short coverage on Horn, guess who was supposed to have the other zone.

That would be short term. If we're going long term (i didnt really read the whole first post so if this was said earlier i apologize lol) I would then agree on Bush. Because he is probably the most exciting threat on the field right now.

To try an win it all with brett, Ed Reed.
To say screw it for now sorry brett, Reggie Bush.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
bush wont be able to do **** with this o line... our defensive pass coverage sucks *** which will allow other teams to score points then brett will continue his erratic gunslinger ways thinking he has to hold on to the ball more than 4 seconds and heave it up

The Saints offensive line is actually no better than the Packers offensive line. Their young and raw in many places. Jahri Evans is a rookie and he's starting at them for guard as well.

Bush would do much more for the Packers. Teams would key in on Bush and it would open up lanes for Favre to find Driver, Franks (if he can catch), Jennings etc.. Bush would be very dangerous in the flats as well and Green Bay could run a lot of screens. He would help out the return game drastically. If Green Bay was a team that was let's say one player away, I would take Ed Reed or Julius Peppers but because of the state of the current team, I'm taking the best young player in the NFL and that's Reggie Bush in my opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Reed would do more for the Packers than Bush.

Bush, long term.
Reed, short term.

Bush doesn't help Brett because by the time Bush really comes into his own Brett will be gone.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Bush, long term.
Reed, short term.

Bush doesn't help Brett because by the time Bush really comes into his own Brett will be gone.

That's the point. Again give me Favre and Ed Reed and what are we going to do? 7-9 maybe. Probably nothing big. We are not one player away. We're a probably 6 or 7 players away right now. Give me the best player that'll help me out long term and help the investment in the up and coming QB. I'd build around Bush and Rodgers on offense. That's what I would do.

Edit: Bush replaces Favre as the guy to build around so to speak.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
kmac said:
If that's your line of thinking, A-Dap, then my pick would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I picked Walter Jones as the player that helps us compete the most right now.

Not to like bash you or anything, but I am not so sure Brick would be the best fit physically in terms of the zone scheme.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post.

I too believe that our pass d is our biggest problem. And Manuel would be my target. I dont' know enough about other teams to raid them properly, so I will follow suit and vote for Ed Reed.

I think our next weakest link is our young o-line, but as mentioned before, putting one veteran gaurd in there may not make a dig difference. The gaurds and new and tauscher's not looking so hot at cut blocking.

Futhermore, a new receiver or rb would take a while to learn our system, (especially the receiver).

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me add another choice. Since our D sucks, and it's going to be a pass happy offense, how about adding Steve Smith to play opposite Donald Driver, and then leave Jennings in the slot. Tell me that wouldn't be fun!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Bush, long term.
Reed, short term.

That's the point. Again give me Favre and Ed Reed and what are we going to do? 7-9 maybe. Probably nothing big. We are not one player away. We're a probably 6 or 7 players away right now. Give me the best player that'll help me out long term and help the investment in the up and coming QB. I'd build around Bush and Rodgers on offense. That's what I would do.

Edit: Bush replaces Favre as the guy to build around so to speak.
You are speculating, just like the rest of us. 7 - 9 "probably nothing big" Quite possibly, but flip that around and you get 9 - 7 the same record of the SB Champions.

We lost how many games by less than a TD last year? Our roster is undeniably better this year.

We don't know what we have with Rodgers, so saying he is an 'up and coming' QB is also speculation. He has to play a few full NFL regular season games before any accurate speculation will be made. My personal opinion of the guy is he has jumped leaps ahead from last year and he will be an average QB. Won't WIN games, but won't make the bone head mistakes costing games. Which translates into needing a solid defense.

So again, I say.

Short term, Ed Reed.
Long term, Reggie Bush.

all about da packers said:
Z, are you going under the grounds that Brett will play next year?
IF by some magically delicisiously way we got someone of the caliber of Ed Reed. Why wouldn't he? Another year under Ted's first draft picks, one year under Hawk an Co plus another solid draft and who knows the free agents we get?
With Ed Reed there it might spark something with Ted to splurge a little bit to make a whole hearted effort at a SB run in 07.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You are speculating, just like the rest of us. 7 - 9 "probably nothing big" Quite possibly, but flip that around and you get 9 - 7 the same record of the SB Champions.

We lost how many games by less than a TD last year? Our roster is undeniably better this year.

We don't know what we have with Rodgers, so saying he is an 'up and coming' QB is also speculation. He has to play a few full NFL regular season games before any accurate speculation will be made. My personal opinion of the guy is he has jumped leaps ahead from last year and he will be an average QB. Won't WIN games, but won't make the bone head mistakes costing games. Which translates into needing a solid defense.

So again, I say.

Short term, Ed Reed.
Long term, Reggie Bush.

Short term Green Bay doesn't look any good. The Steelers were 11-5 last year won the Super Bowl. 9-7 just probably won't cut it.

We've made some drastic changes to the defense so why not find a player to build around on offense. Hawk is what you build around on defense. If you could take any player it has to be a Reggie Bush, LaDaninian Tomlinson type of player in my opinion. Favre won't be here for any more than a year or two at tops. Rodgers if the future and you need to give him the right options to help him be a sucessful QB. Reggie Bush does that. Bush would replace Favre as the face of the franchise and as "the guy" in Green Bay.

If the question was I could pick several players from any team, I'd probably take Troy Palumalu, Julius Peppers, and Ladainian Tomlinson.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Everyone except Ed Reed right? Because he is not a good talent at all. He's lemme guess, product of the defense scheme?

It doesn't have to be a rookie, period. LT hell yes!!!!!! He's PROVEN!! He can take a hit, get back up and do better the next play.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Everyone except Ed Reed right? Because he is not a good talent at all. He's lemme guess, product of the defense scheme?

It doesn't have to be a rookie, period. LT hell yes!!!!!! He's PROVEN!! He can take a hit, get back up and do better the next play.

Ed Reed is my favorite defensive player in the NFL. I have his Ravens Black Alternate jersey and it's authentic as well. I'm a collector.

Reed is more a FS. I think we need a saftey who can do it all like a Polamalu (spelling)

I'd throw Reed in there as well if we can take several players. This question is 1 and if I had to choose 1 with the current state of team, I'm looking long term.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sweet, I should collect jerseys.

See, with Reed that was my only concern, what do you do with Colins who is FS? How hard is it to switch to SS? Who can do it better?

And if its long term I have to say Bush too as long as he's not the only weapon. I think if he gets snubbed like Vick with no talent around him on offense he's gonna be a flash in the pan. Lucky for Vick Dunn is turning it up a knotch.

tjb2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go out and get the meanest, best OG. That position is now limiting everyhting else, especially the W column.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as a spectator i would prefer bush just for the excitement. to win right now id take a centre and move wells to guard

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
kmac said:
If that's your line of thinking, A-Dap, then my pick would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I picked Walter Jones as the player that helps us compete the most right now.

Not to like bash you or anything, but I am not so sure Brick would be the best fit physically in terms of the zone scheme.
Brick is about 6'6, 310 pounds, and incredibly quick for a man his size. He's also 22. He could easily pack 40 pounds onto his frame, and could fit ANY scheme. In my opinion, you can't win a Super Bowl without a fantastic Left Tackle, and Brick has more upside than any other tackle at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts