longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup

Company in Phoenix area paying lot of $ and been on my as$ for 18 months

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spent a few months there about 30 years ago. There's a good Packer fan base there, and a Packer bar called the red onion (?). Had friends posting a few years ago from there watching a Packer game so it may still be there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's "Permanently Closed" according to Google.

I hear it's a DRY heat. ;) good thing too. Last thing you want is a WET 125-degrees, right?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how hot it can get during the summer. I live in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley), in South Texas, 7 miles from the border. It can get super hot during the summer. The difference between here, and Phoenix, is that we have potential hurricanes, and heavy rainfall, which can make the area super humid at times. You learn that everything you do outdoors is early in the morning, before the sun starts baking everything, and in the evening, at about sunset. During the day, everywhere you go, and what you do, is in air conditioned comfort.

But, if you can afford it, buy a small retreat, up in the Prescott area, where it's 20-30 degrees cooler days and nights, than in Phoenix. A perfect place to get outdoors, enjoy nature, and beat the heat, on weekends, and any days you can be there. I have two friends who do exactly that. It's less than a 2 hour drive. For us, to Padre Island, is a little over a one hour drive, even taking the route past Boca Chica to see how SpaceX is doing.

For us, in the RGV, it's days and weekends indoors, or an occasional trip to South Padre Island, where the temps are a bit cooler. For much of the summer, about 15-20 degrees cooler than here.

One advantage, of Phoenix is that if you do want to see snow, and you have 2nd digs in the Prescott area, you can find it there, during part of the winter.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Put head in oven at 110.. Tell me what it feels like

You will get used to it. Just think about it this way, you will have to bare the dry heat but the winters here make it all worth it! You don't have to live through winter hell here as you did in Milwaukee! :)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know how hot it can get during the summer. I live in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley), in South Texas, 7 miles from the border. It can get super hot during the summer. The difference between here, and Phoenix, is that we have potential hurricanes, and heavy rainfall, which can make the area super humid at times. You learn that everything you do outdoors is early in the morning, before the sun starts baking everything, and in the evening, at about sunset. During the day, everywhere you go, and what you do, is in air conditioned comfort.

But, if you can afford it, buy a small retreat, up in the Prescott area, where it's 20-30 degrees cooler days and nights, than in Phoenix. A perfect place to get outdoors, enjoy nature, and beat the heat, on weekends, and any days you can be there. I have two friends who do exactly that. It's less than a 2 hour drive. For us, to Padre Island, is a little over a one hour drive, even taking the route past Boca Chica to see how SpaceX is doing.

For us, in the RGV, it's days and weekends indoors, or an occasional trip to South Padre Island, where the temps are a bit cooler. For much of the summer, about 15-20 degrees cooler than here.

One advantage, of Phoenix is that if you do want to see snow, and you have 2nd digs in the Prescott area, you can find it there, during part of the winter.

Exactly!!!

Members online

Latest posts