PFF Grades Vs Commanders Best and Worsts

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say it every week...but some of you fail to acknowledge YES THESE GRADES ARE NOT THE BIBLE OR THE STANDARD TO PLACE A STANCE IN completely...take them for what they are, a metric of measurement (however they do it) which as season trends begin to take form rarely categorize a player as terrible that is average, good that is bad or excellent that is just good...

Best Offense
AJ Dillon - 67.8
Aaron Jones - 67.5
Allen Lazard - 67.1
Aaron Rodgers - 66.5
Zach Tom - 66.1

Worst Offense
Robert Tonyan - 35.4
Romeo Doubs - 43.6
Elgton Jenkins - 50.0
Amari Rodgers - 50.3
Tyler Davis - 50.6

Best Defense
De'Vondre Campbell - 94.3
Rasul Douglas - 90.7
Dean Lowry - 79.7
Quay Walker - 78.0
Rashan Gary - 76.5

Worst Defense
LaDarius Hamilton - 32.7
Eric Stokes - 50.6
Jaire Alexander - 53.1
Jarran Reed - 57.2
Kenny Clark - 62.2

OBservations...both from a PFF perspective and my own TJ Slaton had easily his best game of his career on Sunday...so did Wyatt...it is one refreshing thing to see the progression from two young guys this team especially over the next two to three years are depending on.

Enagbare is continuing to do well (ignore the one sack)...he was positioned well more than he wasn't and seems to have more of an anchor than even I thought.

Pass Blocking we did AWESOME:

Josh Myers 83.6 Jon Runyan 83.3 Zach Tom 82.2....three OL over 80 is impressive regardless of how they do their scoring....

Run Blocking... we only had one lineman over 60....Yosh at 62.8

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
29 credited pressures our defense had....to only get one sack is crazy.... Washington had 4. 4!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did Rodgers get a half *** passing grade when he looked like absolute hell again?

Some of the throws off mark are arguably drops...if a drop I believe their metric hits the targeted player more than the QB. At least that is my guess.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did Rodgers get a half *** passing grade when he looked like absolute hell again?
mostly because I don't think you have an ounce of appreciation for good QB play when you see it. There were more than 1 or 2 plays where not many qbs were going to scan that field, avoid the rush and quick get it out last moment for a positive play. You probably think those are bad plays not realizing what was happening on the field.

Rodgers had less than a handful of off passes yesterday in 30+ attempts. Other than Jones, and sometimes Lazard when he's on the field there are zero guys out there that will help the QB out or take a good throw and make a great play out of it for this team. He had a couple to few poor throws, he did not have a bad game, but you don't know enough to realize that.

Every great QB has receivers taking good throws and turning them into great plays, we have zero at the moment it seems. I see Josh Allen throw into double coverage in the endzone and the WR just takes the ball away for great play and everyone lauds Allen again for such a great throw.

Or throwing it to Diggs into triple coverage on a button route and another big play. We have nobody to run a route like that. Or Mahomes throwing a low ball to kelce who breaks 2 tackles and goes for 25+. We have zero weapons to do that for us.

as a bonus, when the ball is on the money for a perfect slant pass for a first down to extend the drive, they drop it and we punt.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins has taken a huge step backwards. He needs to be moved back to guard and left there! He was great at guard and he’s not good at RT.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mostly because I don't think you have an ounce of appreciation for good QB play when you see it. There were more than 1 or 2 plays where not many qbs were going to scan that field, avoid the rush and quick get it out last moment for a positive play. You probably think those are bad plays not realizing what was happening on the field.

Rodgers had less than a handful of off passes yesterday in 30+ attempts. Other than Jones, and sometimes Lazard when he's on the field there are zero guys out there that will help the QB out or take a good throw and make a great play out of it for this team. He had a couple to few poor throws, he did not have a bad game, but you don't know enough to realize that.

Every great QB has receivers taking good throws and turning them into great plays, we have zero at the moment it seems. I see Josh Allen throw into double coverage in the endzone and the WR just takes the ball away for great play and everyone lauds Allen again for such a great throw.

Or throwing it to Diggs into triple coverage on a button route and another big play. We have nobody to run a route like that. Or Mahomes throwing a low ball to kelce who breaks 2 tackles and goes for 25+. We have zero weapons to do that for us.

as a bonus, when the ball is on the money for a perfect slant pass for a first down to extend the drive, they drop it and we punt.
i agree AR is still a top QB. Playing Devil's advocate here. Aaron Jones turned a good throw into a great play on the TD reception. Amari Rodgers broke deep on an AR scramble and he overthrew him on what would have been a TD. Okay back to regular scheduled programming.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree AR is still a top QB. Playing Devil's advocate here. Aaron Jones turned a good throw into a great play on the TD reception. Amari Rodgers broke deep on an AR scramble and he overthrew him on what would have been a TD. Okay back to regular scheduled programming.

Yeah buddy asked me what QBs right now I would take over Aaron and we only felt three exist with sufficient reasoning one could argue it (again this is just right now, not future)...that list was (in no particular order) Allen, Mahomes and Jackson.

Beyond that we both felt Herbert was next with best case....he felt Hurts was next I leaned to Stafford or Brady.

Either way Rodgers is IMO still a Top 5 type QB...just isn't playing that way for numerous reasons, some his fault, some team fault, some thumb fault.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see i wasn't clearn, I did say Jones and sometimes Lazard and then said we have zero. I meant outside of those 2 and yes, Jones made a great play, I'd argue it was a pretty great throw too moving left and putting it where he did so Jones could get it.

Rodgers should have caught that ball, it was right in his hands. Not finger tips, not just out of reach, but a busted play, rodgers avoiding rush, running right and put it out there. I don't remember if could have thrown a flatter ball to him or if there were defenders in play to lay it over. Either way, it was most a catchable ball in a big moment. Perfect pass, no, but a perfect spot to help your QB out when big plays were hard to come by.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just told me everything I need to know about your Love for Rodgers. That was an overthrow to an open receiver.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just told me everything I need to know about your Love for Rodgers. That was an overthrow to an open receiver.
It was overthrown, on the run avoiding a rush on a busted play. yes it was overthrown, and it still found it's way directly into Rodger's hands. Not off finger tips. He had to extend to catch it, something receivers do for the QB's every single week. You think that was uncatchable?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was overthrown, on the run avoiding a rush on a busted play. yes it was overthrown, and it still found it's way directly into Rodger's hands. Not off finger tips. He had to extend to catch it, something receivers do for the QB's every single week. You think that was uncatchable?

Not uncatchable...and the bad part is for WR's that most likely is credited as a drop and zero ill will to the QB. It was an overthrow...just like the Doubs throw that Rodgers rifled it at his toes and acted like he hit his chest. **** happens, his thumb is messed up....both things are true at times. Amari makes that catch it would have been a highlight reel type....if it was a weekly easy catch it doesn't.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not uncatchable...and the bad part is for WR's that most likely is credited as a drop and zero ill will to the QB. It was an overthrow...just like the Doubs throw that Rodgers rifled it at his toes and acted like he hit his chest. **** happens, his thumb is messed up....both things are true at times. Amari makes that catch it would have been a highlight reel type....if it was a weekly easy catch it doesn't.
yes it does happen, and the greats or those considered great usually have WR's that will make those plays. I swear I saw Mahomes toss one in the dirt in the past 2 weeks and kelce came up with it, busted 2 defenders and went for another 25 yards with it. It happens to everyone 2,3,4 times a game. Most of the more which is why the're not considered great.

One guy said Rodgers got outplayed by a back up in this game. The difference being, WTF actually had WR's making plays for them. Rodgers was "off" on what 3-4 balls? 2 of which were still catchable and nobody could help him out. Had 3-4 other drops that were right in the chest, some for drive extending plays that ended with punts. Heineke was off on a few and we dropped those too unfortunately. and when he just chucked them up, their WR's beat our defenders to the ball.

Reaction score
I don’t think we can have a game with more missed opportunities and more sloppy penalties. Once again we largely beat ourselves.

Takeaway a few penalties and a few drops and the feel of the game changes substantially. We can’t keep beating ourselves each week. We need to make tough plays and avoid the Refs

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think we can have a game with more missed opportunities and more sloppy penalties. Once again we largely beat ourselves.

Takeaway a few penalties and a few drops and the feel of the game changes substantially. We can’t keep beating ourselves each week. We need to make tough plays and avoid the Refs
penalties are a huge reason why we aren't running more. We're not explosive enough now to keep getting bailed out by superior QB and WR play to keep extending drives and getting more plays. We're just dead in the water after our sloppy stuff.

Reaction score
penalties are a huge reason why we aren't running more. We're not explosive enough now to keep getting bailed out by superior QB and WR play to keep extending drives and getting more plays. We're just dead in the water after our sloppy stuff.
We had like a 2nd and 25 s as Bd then 3rd n 25 etc.. and that rarely happens, but it’s becoming more common.

We targeted our TE group 4 times yesterday. Although it was 10% of our total Snaps, so maybe that’s high usage :roflmao:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES! 95% uncatchable.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would’ve caught that!

J/k.
I didn’t watch the Game but it sure sounded catchable?:tup:
because it was. He had to extend for it and had both hands securely around the ball. All he had to do was pull it in. But he dropped it before he could do that.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point is that this is the NFL... last time I checked, the WRs are getting PAID to CATCH the football... am I missing something here?

That's their job right? To CATCH the football. They don't have to pull any OBJ or Randy Moss stuff, just CATCH the football (lol)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it was. He had to extend for it and had both hands securely around the ball. All he had to do was pull it in. But he dropped it before he could do that.

It would have been a sick catch, it was FAR LESS CATCHABLE than Lazards drop…why is no one all over that?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been a sick catch, it was FAR LESS CATCHABLE than Lazards drop…why is no one all over that?
I was, it killed our first drive and the pass was perfect in every single way. Instead of 4 more downs, we punted.

It would have been a good catch and one guys make every week. There was no defender knocking it away, no sideline to dance, no in air dancing and twisting he had to do. It was extend and catch. It wasn't finger tips and pull it back, it was right dead in both hands.
and let's not lose context of why this was brought up in the first place. It was an instance on a busted play that a WR could have really made a play and helped out his qb on a day when nobody was helping the QB outside of Jones and it takes that for even the greats. and he didn't

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he would have been interfered with on that play the refs would have picked up the flag and ruled the pass uncatchable.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because it was just a drop. It happens. I remember watching Sterling Sharpe make some very bad drops. What can you do about it? Now Jamon Moore. That was a whole different league. We have guys that can catch the ball really well. Some we have let go and others we don't let play. Catching the ball really well is somehow not high on the priority list of the coaches.

Latest posts