Aaron Jones 55.5

Bottom 5 Defense:
Quay Walker 36.3
Jonathan Garvin 45.9
Darnell Savage 51.8
Preston Smith 55.7
Keisean Nixon 55.8

Few offensive notes:

Bakh had best pass blocking grade out of lineman.
Davis showed out VERY well and received 19 snaps (Lewis - 22, Tonyan 36, Deguara 9)

Few defensive notes:

Wyatt did amazing in just 7 snaps (90.7) Dude produced serious pressure/penetration in limited snaps.
Clark put forth a pressure rating of 78.7...
Rasul and Stokes both had coverage grades over 75 which is STELLAR
Quay struggled in many of the metrics but was one of our best tacklers when chances were there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what Quay is out there doing, all I know is everything he is doing is fast. I know he's making mistakes, but I also know he's making some plays. So, he's not as good as he looks to the untrained eye, and he's not as bad as the grades say either because he makes up for it with his speed.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what Quay is out there doing, all I know is everything he is doing is fast. I know he's making mistakes, but I also know he's making some plays. So, he's not as good as he looks to the untrained eye, and he's not as bad as the grades say either because he makes up for it with his speed.
I like his strength. But I disagree about what most are saying about his blitzing. Blitzing right up the middle w/o even trying to be tricky about it is mostly clogging the middle and we are minus a defender.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These grades always need to be taken with a fistful of salt.

Especially game to game. PFF grades as games turn into season do often times illustrate trends or consistent strengths or weaknesses. No one should render their opinion of a player on them for sure.

Example this game, in many ways (backside protection) Preston played quite well IMO and I suspect film review will confirm. However he graded out poorer than I expected. Likewise take Aaron Jones...I wouldn't say he played bad, he cannot magically create space to run and I felt he and Dillon did about as well as one could have hoped on plays.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 5 more or less checks out for me on both sides. Bottom 5 seems alright too although as I mentioned elsewhere I've still been generally pleased with Quay though he did have a couple of times where it seems he got pretty mixed up on his assignment. I thought Nixon was good too.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Campbell played really well. Surprised he wasn't in the top 5. Also surprised Newman wasn't in the bottom 5. His pass blocking was shaky.

D

Deleted member 6794

Example this game, in many ways (backside protection) Preston played quite well IMO and I suspect film review will confirm. However he graded out poorer than I expected. Likewise take Aaron Jones...I wouldn't say he played bad, he cannot magically create space to run and I felt he and Dillon did about as well as one could have hoped on plays.

I'm quite sure Jones' fumble on the goal line resulted in his grade ending up significantly lower. Preston not having any pressures most likely contributing to his poor grade.

I thought Nixon was good too.

That was my impression watching the game as well. According to PFF he was targeted a total of nine times giving up eight receptions for 81 yards though.

I thought Campbell played really well. Surprised he wasn't in the top 5. Also surprised Newman wasn't in the bottom 5. His pass blocking was shaky.

Once again, Campbell was responsible for nine catches in coverage according to them. While PFF agrees with you that Newman was shaky in pass protection he was one of only two players on offense grading well in blocking for the run.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite sure Jones' fumble on the goal line resulted in his grade ending up significantly lower. Preston not having any pressures most likely contributing to his poor grade.

Yes, big moment errors like that hit hard.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest I'm sure some here still attribute Jones fumble on MVS or King....because they're the reason anything bad happens in a game. :)
We're going to need a new bogeyman this year. Front runners include Watson and Newman imo.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to need a new bogeyman this year. Front runners include Watson and Newman imo.

Eh I'd say Watson and Jones....killed scores plays single handedly which is why so many hated MVS for his big drop here and/or there.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2022 draft class has produced a couple of nuggets already in Q. Walker & Doubs, and I expect more from Wyatt and Watson and Tom in the future.

And maybe Toure at some point.

D

Deleted member 6794

Eh I'd say Watson and Jones....killed scores plays single handedly which is why so many hated MVS for his big drop here and/or there.

It would be completely foolish to use Jones as a scapegoat considering he's most likely the most valuable player on offense aside of Rodgers. With that being said I'm not sure it won't happen though ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts