PFF Best/Worst Grades Week 17 vs Vikings

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I could have predicted incredibly high figures even out of our "worst" graded ones on each unit. While the Vikings were short stringed at QB, Green Bay played incredibly well across most phases throughout the game for sure.

Best Offense
1. QB Aaron Rodgers, 90.2
2. WR Davante Adams, 89.0
3. WR Allen Lazard, 79.0
4. RT Dennis Kelly, 75.1
5. RB Aaron Jones, 73.8

Love seeing Kelly crack this list so high. He has filled in for Turner excellently and while perhaps not as crucial as Yosh's ability as the 3rd LT to hold serve, Kelly is doing the same on the right side. He left the game the highest graded run blocker and according to PFF did not allow a pressure it seems either.

Worst Offense
1. TE Josiah Deguara, 50.7
2. TE Dominique Dafney, 51.2
3. WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, 52.0
4. QB Jordan Love, 52.4
5. WR Equanimeous St. Brown, 57.8

There was one other time that I believe we didn't have anyone below 50 on a worst list (Rams game maybe?) but this is freaking awesome in all reality. Love barely saw action making his grading sample size so small and really receivers struggle to grade well in the metrics of PFF if they don't produce statistically per routes, and TEs blocking can knock them harshly (Dafney). Either way you give me a graded worst group where all are over 50 and not a single OL is on the list - I bet we won that game.

Best Defense
1. LB Krys Barnes, 92.3
2. OLB Rashan Gary, 85.5
3. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 85.2
4. DL Dean Lowry, 79.8
5. DL Tyler Lancaster, 78.8

Oh the sweet than bitter roller coaster that is Tyler Lancaster (second highest run defender grade in the game). The front is nearly impenetrable I swear when Lancaster plays well and Lowry either plays his fairly solid consistent self or like in this game steps it up even more. I 100% believe if you have a Lowry/Lancaster + typical Clark firing on all cylinders this team is incredibly tough to do anything against if not near impossible to do a lot against. Also love when its the front that top the entire list, talk about sign of solid smash mouth cold weather ball ready in Green Bay.

Worst Defense
1. CB Isaac Yiadom, 28.9
2. DL Abdullah Anderson, 55.1
3. OLB Tipa Galeai, 57.9
4. S Darnell Savage, 58.4
5. LB Oren Burks, 64.2

Again like Love sample size is tiny on Yiadom (8 snaps) but gave up a TD in one of them so hence the grade. But others wise seriously next worse is above 55.0??! Yeah, folks that is a GOOD day.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best Defense
1. LB Krys Barnes, 92.3
2. OLB Rashan Gary, 85.5
3. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 85.2
4. DL Dean Lowry, 79.8
5. DL Tyler Lancaster, 78.8

Oh the sweet than bitter roller coaster that is Tyler Lancaster (second highest run defender grade in the game). The front is nearly impenetrable I swear when Lancaster plays well and Lowry either plays his fairly solid consistent self or like in this game steps it up even more. I 100% believe if you have a Lowry/Lancaster + typical Clark firing on all cylinders this team is incredibly tough to do anything against if not near impossible to do a lot against. Also love when its the front that top the entire list, talk about sign of solid smash mouth cold weather ball ready in Green Bay.
That's great to see but man I'm surprised that Clark didn't make the top 5 - I thought he had a massive game! Good problem to have though, I reckon.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great to see but man I'm surprised that Clark didn't make the top 5 - I thought he had a massive game! Good problem to have though, I reckon.

One also must acknowledge the shortcomings of PFF metrics. The grades are excellent measuring tools, and really you cannot have a high score and play bad, nor can you really play good and have an abysmal score either - BUT like I said with the TE gradings, Deguara's endzone drop plumeted score despite an otherwise average at worst game. Clark played SOLID, and I'd suspect he was somewhere in the 70s, which is to many an excellent grading.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts