Pete Prisco's Quarterly Rewards.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Pete's column.

Since coming up with our quarterly reports a few years back, there have always been close races for most of the awards, all the way through the season.

The MVP Award has always had some tough competition, usually decided in late December.

Not this year.

Brady is easily the Three-Quarter Report MVP, and it won't change when the season is over.

He has done way too much already. His is one *** we can crown already.

Now for the rest of the Quarterly Awards:

MVP: Brady. Even though he has slowed down throwing touchdown passes, the record is still in sight. His precision has been fun to watch. Runners-up: Moss, Tony Romo, QB, Cowboys; Brett Favre, QB, Packers.

Offensive player: Brady. Who else could it be? Runners-up: Romo, Moss, Favre; Terrell Owens, WR, Cowboys.

Defensive player: Charles Woodson, CB, Packers. He's the best corner in the NFL this year. Did you see how he was missed last week against the Cowboys? Runners-up: Jared Allen, DE, Chiefs; Aaron Kampman, DE, Packers; Barrett Ruud, LB, Bucs; Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans; Bob Sanders, S, Colts.

Offensive rookie: Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings. If he didn't miss time with injuries and wasn't limited in his carries, he might be getting 2,000. Runners-up: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Bills; Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs; James Jones, WR, Packers; Joe Thomas, T, Browns,

Defensive rookie: Patrick Willis, MLB, 49ers. He has been a force all season long. Runners-up: Jon Beason, LB, Panthers; David Harris, LB, Jets; Tanard Jackson, S, Bucs; Reggie Nelson, S, Jaguars; Ed Johnson, DT, Colts.

Coach: Mike McCarthy, Packers. This was a tough choice, but he has the youngest team in the league in the No. 2 spot in the NFC. That's impressive. Runners-up: Wade Phillips, Cowboys; Jon Gruden, Bucs; Romeo Crennel, Browns; Bill Belichick, Patriots.

Assistant coach: Jason Garrett, offensive coordinator. He is the "hot" coach right now. And we know why. His offense is hard to stop. Runners-up: Josh McDaniels; Patriots offensive coordinator; Rob Chudzinksi, Browns offensive coordinator; **** LeBeau, Steelers defensive coordinator; Jim Schwartz, Titans defensive coordinator; Monte Kiffin, Bucs defensive coordinator.

Biggest surprise team: Bucs. I swore they would win five games when I saw them in camp. Now they have a chance at 12. Runners-up: Packers, Browns.

Most disappointing team: Baltimore Ravens. They went from 13-3 to 4-8. Yecch. That's what not having a quarterback does to a team. Runners-up: Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints.

Biggest surprise player: Derek Anderson, QB, Browns. He has made a lot of money this year. Anderson is the real thing. Runners-up: Justin Fargas, RB, Raiders; Ryan Grant, RB, Packers.

Most improved player: David Garrard, QB, Jaguars. To see where he has come from since the end of last year is amazing. I didn't think he had it in him. Runners-up: Brandon Marshall, WR, Broncos; Roddy White, WR, Falcons; Jermaine Phillips, S, Bucs; Michael Boley, LB, Falcons; Cortland Finnegan, CB, Titans.

Most disappointing player: Julius Peppers, DE, Panthers. How does this specimen have only three sacks? Wow. Runners-up: Larry Johnson, RB, Chiefs; Reggie Bush, RB, Saints; Alex Smith, QB, 49ers; Marc Bulger, QB, Rams; Ahman Green, RB, Texans; Joey Porter, LB, Dolphins.

Best trend: Seeing up-tempo passing teams like the Patriots, Cowboys and Packers having success.

Worst trend: Too many injuries to big-time players. It stinks to watch backups play. Runner-up: Complaining about officials. Shut up.

Best moment: It happened a long time ago, but it has to be Brett Favre breaking Dan Marino's touchdown record.

Worst moment: The death of Sean Taylor. To see a player killed in the prime of his life is always a bad thing. Taylor was on his way to being a special player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your thoughts Packer Fans????

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo gets runner up MVP? Once again, like with Brady, not even the MVP of his own team.

They should just change the name of the MVP award to the Popularity Award.

Trom for Mod

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANYONE can throw the ball when they have 6 full seconds to throw. If anyone on the Cows deserve any recognition, it's their OL. For what they've done for their team, Favre > Romo BY FAR.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANYONE can throw the ball when they have 6 full seconds to throw. If anyone on the Cows deserve any recognition, it's their OL. For what they've done for their team, Favre > Romo BY FAR.

I've been hearing this a lot on the forum lately, about Brady as well as Romo. I don't buy it because both of these QB's have been very good even when they haven't had a lot of time to throw the ball. Brady's strength is more in his decision-making and accuracy, while Romo is best at keeping plays alive with his legs. I'd still take Favre over Romo this year, but it's close.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I've been hearing this a lot on the forum lately, about Brady as well as Romo. I don't buy it because both of these QB's have been very good even when they haven't had a lot of time to throw the ball. Brady's strength is more in his decision-making and accuracy, while Romo is best at keeping plays alive with his leg. I'd still take Favre over Romo this year, but it's close.

If people just throw away Brady and Romo's accomplishments by saying, "Oh, it's the o-line and the receivers, not Brady", then the exact same thing can be said about Favre. Anybody can just toss up a 50 yard pass and hope someone catches it. I hate to admit that Romo is somewhat good. But he is. So is Brady. You don't have to like a guy to admit they play the game well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts