OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Parcell's overall record as a coach is over .500

(Didn't think I'd have to explain that one..)

(TT's is 12-36 though...explain that one!)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Parcell's overall record as a coach is over .500

(Didn't think I'd have to explain that one..)

(TT's is 12-36 though...explain that one!)

Explanation

You dislike TT so much you like to compare him to a HEAD COACH

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No..

The explanation is that McCarthy went 8-8 this year and some people here with Green n' Gold glasses on have him going to the HOF, and are comparing him to a HOF coach...and taking shots at the HOF coach and disrespecting him to boot....

Totally out of line (and reality), imo.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
No..

The explanation is that McCarthy went 8-8 this year and some people here with Green n' Gold glasses on have him going to the HOF, and are comparing him to a HOF coach...and taking shots at the HOF coach and disrespecting him to boot....

Totally out of line (and reality), imo.....

What were your predictions for this team?? 8-8, worse or better? Probably a safe bet you picked worse..

I didnt see anyone saying he is going to be a hof coach? They just like the direction this team is going..

Before Wolf hired Rhodes I wanted Bill here and was ticked he didnt come here..But now? Nope I dont want him..

As someone said he seemed to have lost his fire for the game..

I did not see anyone disrespecting Bill, but then again I dont have an issue with Mike Mc..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66 said:
I think he'd do alot better than that....

(You think McCarthy's better...??)

So far he's just as good.

Really..

How many SB's has he been to?
What is his current OVERALL record?

By this logic, a GM should never hire a first-time coach, because a first-time coach, by definition, hasn't accomplished anything. Unless you're counting what their teams won when they were assistants, but it's often hard to tell what their contributions were. Nobody ever wanted Sherm Lewis as their head coach.

Obviously Parcells is a very accomplished coach, and a first-ballot Hall of Famer, but at his age, I think it would be too much of a gamble for any team to hire him unless maybe they had nothing at all going for them. McCarthy is off to a decent start in GB, so I think it would be foolish to dump him for such an old coach.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Parcells is done. I think he's burned out.
We have a fresh new guy (MM) so why not give him a chance before tossing him? He might be the NEXT Parcells, and will probably last alot longer then a coach thats 65 already.

Members online

Latest posts